Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Gripweed posted:

oh drat, these oppo hits of Sanders saying accurate things are coming hard and fast now

https://twitter.com/Kredo0/status/1223199500665266176?s=20

"OUTRAGE: regularly correct man says another correct thing"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

kidkissinger posted:

holy moly. i really want to see what the centrist response is to a crowd of black people chanting "the time is now" in support of Sanders.
We've seen it, it's "Black voters don't like Buttigieg because they're homophobes."

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
First election at '08 here and in the 1% of millennials who have voted every major election since eligible. Even though I was never enthusiastic about either party, I still believed it was my civic duty (like a dweeb). Never found either party appealing, but I knew Republicans were a dumpster fire enough to vote against them whenever possible. The one and only time I purposely voted R was for Ron Paul (yeah yeah, but he was anti-war/surveillance). I knew instinctively Dems were mostly full of poo poo, but couldn't really understand why until I started getting exposed to leftist critique in the past ~5 years. By default, I still voted D because at least they weren't openly hateful and anti-science. I still never registered Dem and didn't like going by labels, as liberal and conservative were the only choices I knew. Now, I happily would label myself leftist, and if the leftist wing takes control, even register as D.

Bernie is the first politician whose intentions and ability I actually believe in. He's the first to get me to donate abandonedly and even go out in public to support. I wish I had looked more into him in college, when I first looked up how many independents there were in congress and he made a blip on my radar. Mostly for the hipster cred, but also to have developed my ideology sooner.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
This is gold, does anyone have a link to the original Killer Mike speech though? I think it was in September last year maybe - that's when Sanders' twitter first posted clips of it.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Haha poo poo, now that's how you give a speech.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

Wicked Them Beats posted:

Lol yeah I sit on my phone all day posting while making more money than I ever have, and then I think back to getting paid half as much to walk around delivering mail for ten hours a day in the pouring rain.

This system is garbage and it needs to be torn down and rebuilt from the ground up.

Seriously this. I did more work in a day in retail than I do in a week at my comfy office job and get paid twice as much. The myth of higher pay jobs being harder is utter bs.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

They’re shook

https://twitter.com/kadiagoba/status/1223300486167760901?s=21

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Someone slap Joe's hand away and start jabbing him back. Why does he touch people?

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Uncle Wemus posted:

Someone slap Joe's hand away and start jabbing him back. Why does he touch people?

he is the living embodiment of white male privilege

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Person Dyslexic posted:

Seriously this. I did more work in a day in retail than I do in a week at my comfy office job and get paid twice as much. The myth of higher pay jobs being harder is utter bs.

I hate how people will act like they are involved in riskier decisions as part of of their higher paying job.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Those Secret Service bullets would kill you, but they'd also murder the Biden campaign.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

Because he's a bully, just like Trump. It is a physical challenge, an intimidation tactic. You are aggressively touching someone else because you are, in essence, daring them to react. They may back down, in which case the aggressor seen as powerful. They can't poke back, because he's a loving vice president and you'll get shot. So the only play is to either call it out or ignore it.

It might work well when you're young, but at his age, nobody is intimidated by an old dude who can't remember his boss's name.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Also not that intimidating to be touched by somebody who knows that if you try to touch them back there will be secret service agents tackling you to the ground within seconds.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Gripweed posted:

One of these days Biden is just gonna take a swing at someone

https://twitter.com/Mobilize4Wild/status/1223002516691931136?s=20

From the politifact article he references:

quote:

At the same time, it’s important not to overstate the impact of Biden’s bill, said Josh Howe, a professor of history and environmental studies at Reed College.

"It's significant insofar as Biden has been more or less on top of the issue since the mid '80s. But let's not stretch the intent of the bill and suggest that this was a comprehensive plan for reducing emissions or adapting to the consequences of climatic change," he said. "It was a plan to make a plan. Which, of course, neither Reagan nor Bush ultimately did."

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1223325410261377031

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

gently caress the DNC

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

lmao it's going to end up with the DNC trying to override the Dem primaries to ratfuck Bernie for Bloomberg isn't it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

It was dumb that he was able to skip out on anyone ever calling him on his poo poo while he polls as high as 12-13%, so good

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

lol the DNC can't even rig an election right

cheating to help Bloomberg split the anti-Bernie vote isn't going to do what they want

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/samstein/status/1223328123124699136

Well-timed spending blitz!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

:laffo:

e: this is not going to go the way those absolute fuckers think it is.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
The new debate requirements are good. They're based entirely on polling and delegate counts.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Lol they're shoving out Yang and pulling in Bloomberg.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

The new debate requirements are good. They're based entirely on polling and delegate counts.

Changing the rules because things aren't going the way they want is bad

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

This is extremely good to know.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Lemming posted:

They change them every debate

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Read the replies if you want to desire the sweet release of death.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
https://twitter.com/DavidKlion/status/1223327658248998912

What's doubly funny about this is, he's basically plagiarizing Warren G. Harding here.

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Lemming posted:

they changed the donor requirement to a delegate requirement because the primary is actually starting, and they raise the polling requirement every debate so we're not stuck with Delaneys and Hickenloopers

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

All of the previous debates had an individual donor number requirement. Lowering or removing any threshold at this point is a bizarre move. The only real explanation is that they are opening the door for Bloomberg.

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.
TBH it should just be a delegate requirement, but then they wouldn't be able to give Bloomberg free publicity.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

They shouldn't have the debates.

fridgraidr
Nov 10, 2011
It’s Bernie, Joe, and Liz in the next debate. Adding a bloomer should help Bernie more than hurt him.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Having different criteria everyone knows about in advance for the different debates is different than changing those rules because you don't like how things are going

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Vox Nihili posted:

All of the previous debates had an individual donor number requirement. Lowering or removing any threshold at this point is a bizarre move. The only real explanation is that they are opening the door for Bloomberg.

The first one had a donor number back door to make the debate more inclusive. They changed it to a requirement to shrink the stage, which isn't really necessary by Feb.

But honestly, this doesn't "help" Bloomberg. If he wanted to be on the stage, it would be trivial for him to spend his way to getting the donors just like Tom Steyer did. He doesn't complain about the requirements or demand to be up there because he doesn't really give a poo poo about it at best or at worst actively doesn't want to be on the stage.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Lemming posted:

Having different criteria everyone knows about in advance for the different debates is different than changing those rules because you don't like how things are going

They didn't change it, this is a new debate with new criteria.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The first one had a donor number back door to make the debate more inclusive. They changed it to a requirement to shrink the stage, which isn't really necessary by Feb.

But honestly, this doesn't "help" Bloomberg. If he wanted to be on the stage, it would be trivial for him to spend his way to getting the donors just like Tom Steyer did. He doesn't complain about the requirements or demand to be up there because he doesn't really give a poo poo about it.

Almost as if the DNC is trying to put their thumb on the scale because they don't like how things are going

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

FEC deadline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

fridgraidr posted:

It’s Bernie, Joe, and Liz in the next debate. Adding a bloomer should help Bernie more than hurt him.

Butt is almost definitely getting a couple delegates and Klob might actually swing a couple as well if she's lucky in some districts. Yang and Steyer are potentially out.