Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
i like medic because theres never a point where youre not doing something, and youre always thinking on the priority of heals. its incredibly fun micromanaging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Absolutely. The best feeling is to join a team, start keeping everyone alive and then watch as the round points begin to accumulate in your teams favour. Its a very rewarding feeling.

I also love clutch ubers. Medic is the best support class of any game in that you do not feel like a robot who cannot get into the action.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

I want to get better with the Vaccinator - it's incredibly aggravating when used correctly!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I want the Vaccinator gone because it's incredibly aggravating to use correctly.

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Dabir posted:

I want the Vaccinator gone because it's incredibly aggravating to use correctly.

Me too, although I appreciate that it's more engaging to use for the Medic. I would love to see it changed so that it isn't a complete buzzkill to play against, but I have no idea what that would look like.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
The quick fix, the blitzkrieg and the medigun are all so much fun that getting rid of the vacinator would not be a big deal because all the others still give great play styles.

I often find quick fixing over the map with a soldier to be a great way to kill a few hours :D

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

literally remove medic from the game

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

cock hero flux posted:

:mad: No.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
We need medics so I can justify always sniping every second of my day.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
remove medic add girl-medic from overwatch

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

cock hero flux posted:

what the!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hell yeah give me medic but worse designed and not funny

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Peanut President posted:

remove medic add girl-medic from overwatch

Give us girl versions of the entire cast you cowards.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I've had the thought that instead of new weapons, what if they introduced girl versions of the class that uses it? So like, default Medic is Ubercharge. Gal Medic is Kritzkrieg. Things like that.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I've had the thought that instead of new weapons, what if they introduced girl versions of the class that uses it? So like, default Medic is Ubercharge. Gal Medic is Kritzkrieg. Things like that.

I'm on board as long as you give all the cool/good/popular loadouts to the female characters so that people lose their poo poo about having to play as a woman.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Otacon posted:

I want to get better with the Vaccinator - it's incredibly aggravating when used correctly!

Please don't use the vaccinator.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Otacon posted:

I feel like "using the vaccinator correctly" really just means "the other team is not functioning as a cohesive team." Like either they're only pushing in with one or two classes so it's easy to pick one kind of resistance or they're not coordinating their push so you only have to worry about one kind of resistance. The ubers disappear so fast if you're juggling more than one type or trying to heal more than one target that it becomes kind of trivial to just let them burn it out and then attack at once.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Baron von Eevl posted:

I feel like "using the vaccinator correctly" really just means "the other team is not functioning as a cohesive team." Like either they're only pushing in with one or two classes so it's easy to pick one kind of resistance or they're not coordinating their push so you only have to worry about one kind of resistance. The ubers disappear so fast if you're juggling more than one type or trying to heal more than one target that it becomes kind of trivial to just let them burn it out and then attack at once.

To some extent yeah but a flanking soldier with a vaccinator gets oppressive really quickly.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Dabir posted:

hell yeah give me medic but worse designed and not funny

There was a whole video how the TF2 Medic is just better designed as character and gameplay class than Mercy so much it really isn't even funny

I mean the basic thing about every TF2 character is they're an obvious cliche but also a goofy subversion of it

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Ghost Leviathan posted:

There was a whole video how the TF2 Medic is just better designed as character and gameplay class than Mercy so much it really isn't even funny

I mean the basic thing about every TF2 character is they're an obvious cliche but also a goofy subversion of it

I'd love to see that but yeah, TF2 as a whole is designed so much better than Overwatch, despite lacking much of the polish that overwatch has. The MOBA elements make it play much worse and add an insane amount of toxicity. Not that TF2 is sodium-free but MOBAs really take it to a whole different level vs any other genre of game. Rock paper scissors and button economy dominating over DM skill/positioning is really bad, and that leads to the feeling that you are about to waste 40 minutes playing a losing match because of one dumb teammate who makes some non-meta choice and that you have no real chance of carrying hard enough to push through that, which turns people toxic.

it'd be interesting to see the other obvious comparisons too... torb vs engineer, junkrat vs demo, etc

Paul MaudDib fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jan 31, 2020

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Junkrat is actually probably one of the few Overwatch characters who is about on par with his TF2 counterpart in my opinion, same with Roadhog compared to Heavy

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Valve, Heavy fishing-rod shotgun replacement when???????????

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZi0I1bV8i8

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I am 100% down for that

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

Creating women characters for each class complete with their own backgrounds and "Meet the" vids would be so amazing, but of course lol at the idea of Valve spending even 1% of the effort it would take.

Zooloo
Mar 30, 2003

just wanted to make you something beautiful
Vaccinator talk, I genuinely think that in a pub, you can almost carry a team with good vacc play. I've turned around some matches of Payload with it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

oh boy here comes a medic with the vaccinator, hope you like seeing constant very specific limp and unsatisfying half-ubers when you could have been building up for crits or total invincibility

I don't like it as an enemy, I don't like it as a medic, I don't want to have it used on me as opposed to any other medigun. Bad item.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
On the other hand the vaccinator has the gimmick where you can uber a team-mate and then theoretically you can also uber several more teammates because vaccinator ubers persist longer after the medic is no longer healing you. I've seen this come into play maybe once ever but it's a niche and the vaccinator has it!

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

the vaccinator's niche is waging an eternal war against the abstract concept of fun

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
you know that moment where you *know* you just did the play that changed the whole match?

first stage of hoodoo, with some resistance, blu beats us, because my teammates couldnt deal with an engies nest and he kept advancing.

second stage of hoodoo, you know that little tunnel that leads to the shutters on the raised section of the final point? again, an insane nest, 2 teleporters, 3 dispensers sentries, medics building uber, the works. and my team was ignoring all that in favor of killing the guys coming in one by one. said gently caress this, equipped direct hit + concheror, and after two failed attempts that got at best 2 buildings, i finally do it. i kill like 6 people in the part before you turn into the minecart tunnel, kill a heavy by peeking out and into cover while shooting, then going ham on every building. felt so incredibly good and it changed the game from constantly getting pushed and surviving by the skin of our teeth to rolling them back to their spawn. what a loving great rear end videogame.

also today i hit more airshots than ive hit in my entire combined tf2 playtime, unfortunately shadowplay stopped working after the first tf2.exe crash, but man, it felt so good, even got a double on a dude... today i played like a goddamn beast and im still riding the high

Galaxander
Aug 12, 2009

ArfJason posted:

you know that moment where you *know* you just did the play that changed the whole match?

first stage of hoodoo, with some resistance, blu beats us, because my teammates couldnt deal with an engies nest and he kept advancing.

second stage of hoodoo, you know that little tunnel that leads to the shutters on the raised section of the final point? again, an insane nest, 2 teleporters, 3 dispensers sentries, medics building uber, the works. and my team was ignoring all that in favor of killing the guys coming in one by one. said gently caress this, equipped direct hit + concheror, and after two failed attempts that got at best 2 buildings, i finally do it. i kill like 6 people in the part before you turn into the minecart tunnel, kill a heavy by peeking out and into cover while shooting, then going ham on every building. felt so incredibly good and it changed the game from constantly getting pushed and surviving by the skin of our teeth to rolling them back to their spawn. what a loving great rear end videogame.

also today i hit more airshots than ive hit in my entire combined tf2 playtime, unfortunately shadowplay stopped working after the first tf2.exe crash, but man, it felt so good, even got a double on a dude... today i played like a goddamn beast and im still riding the high

There probably exist other games that could give rise to stories like this, but dang not many I bet.

:bubblewoop:TF2!:bubblewoop:TF2!:bubblewoop:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Yknow sometimes this community is not just a bunch of edgy kids yelling the N word

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Hihohe posted:

Yknow sometimes this community is not just a bunch of edgy kids yelling the N word

Hey! Who made fanart of the sadistic german doctor in a post ww2 era and was 100% based on josef mengele a nazi? This is NOT okay.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
the medic, in canon, is not a nazi

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The Medic is not a Nazi because the Medic actually has medical knowledge and is doing things that actually prolong the life of his patients, instead of just finding novel ways to torture them to death.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
his bio does say "Raised in Stuttgart, Germany during an era when the Hippocratic oath had been downgraded to an optional Hippocratic suggestion" and that he does not have compassion for the sick or respect for human dignity so I can see how people would get that impression

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
yea i always assumed he was the kind of mad doctor that doesnt care about saving ppl as much as he does about experimenting

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Did one of the items in my backpack suddenly jump in value? I'm getting a lot of friend invites from random assholes who won't explain why they're adding me.

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Xander77 posted:

Did one of the items in my backpack suddenly jump in value? I'm getting a lot of friend invites from random assholes who won't explain why they're adding me.

Yes, your headshot kills strange parts are up to 3.3 keys each on backpack.tf classified buy orders and you have about 65 of them?!

Anarch fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

IronicDongz posted:

"Raised in Stuttgart, Germany during an era when the Hippocratic oath had been downgraded to an optional Hippocratic suggestion"

God TF2 is great.