Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Mindblast posted:

People felt similar with the school action sequence but when it was completed it flowed exactly as it was intended.

The school action sequence was fun and cool even while it was going, for me.
The bigfoot narration is just there and while I know it's meant to add Dramatic Context over the events unfolding... I don't think really adds to anything? Like I even reread the chapter recently and my eyes just glaze over him as he drones on and on. though the radio device as a whole at least lead to the mothman/rich lady connection so that was fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Brought To You By posted:

Davy really should have specified that he wanted Hijack dead. You have to be super specific with vampiric edicts.

It was more that Codey didn't want to do it, and would've let Hijack go otherwise, but you know, dad's orders. He gets to worm around it via loophole by following the letter of the request instead of the spirit of the request.

Also, the fact that Hijack isn't alive, blah blah blah spirits etc.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Patware posted:

WIIMOTE + NUNCHUK
WIIMOTE + NUNCHUK
WIIMOTE + NUNCHUK

Maybe if Hi and Jack die and become spirits. There's still time.

The left brain/right brain poo poo is killing me even though it was 1000% predicted.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Maybe if Hi and Jack die and become spirits. There's still time.

The left brain/right brain poo poo is killing me even though it was 1000% predicted.

twists you're not 100% are going to happen but you are nevertheless very plausible are some of my favorites tbh

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

neogeo0823 posted:

It was more that Codey didn't want to do it, and would've let Hijack go otherwise, but you know, dad's orders. He gets to worm around it via loophole by following the letter of the request instead of the spirit of the request.

Also, the fact that Hijack isn't alive, blah blah blah spirits etc.

I 100% believe that Cody will reveal that he wasn't sure if bisecting Hijack along the longitudinal fissure would keep him alive. But he also made that cut despite not being able to see his opponent so :shrug: Spirit anatomy is wonky since Forge also got himself cut in half and he had to revert to a whisp, but he was also a poltergiest so he plays by different rules I guess?

Whatever, Hijack isn't super dead so things are looking up.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

We're still not 100% sure what Hi/jack fundamentally is since he was originally a creation of Dr. Zarei. We are pretty sure that his brother puppeted the spirit train and died when it was returned to wisp form and put back in the lantern. But not 100% on that either.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
I like the artist had and glasses joke for left brain, right brain.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Can they please just kiss already so the gorilla stops talking

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cup Runneth Over posted:

We're still not 100% sure what Hi/jack fundamentally is since he was originally a creation of Dr. Zarei. We are pretty sure that his brother puppeted the spirit train and died when it was returned to wisp form and put back in the lantern. But not 100% on that either.

Hijack's brother is an odd point I'd forgotten about, could he only have been needed as a temporary measure to initially pacify the train? His brother demonstrates complete control over a hosts body and the train ran rampant twice. It's seems very likely Hotwire wasn't operating the train at the time it died given the lack of 2 spirits coming out from it.

On the note of killing spirits. It's been pretty consistent that when any kind of spirit (hijack withstanding) has their spectral body damaged enough they turn into that whisp. Even the Demon dogs went all whispy before winking out into a pixel explosion and respawing. But it's a fair point that Hijack is something more artificial even by spiritual standards so he's got different rules regarding what can actually kill him.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Hey if Cody can't see the spirit how did he bring hi and jack back and aaaaaaaaaa everything smells like yellow

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Hijack's brother is an odd point I'd forgotten about, could he only have been needed as a temporary measure to initially pacify the train? His brother demonstrates complete control over a hosts body and the train ran rampant twice. It's seems very likely Hotwire wasn't operating the train at the time it died given the lack of 2 spirits coming out from it.

On the note of killing spirits. It's been pretty consistent that when any kind of spirit (hijack withstanding) has their spectral body damaged enough they turn into that whisp. Even the Demon dogs went all whispy before winking out into a pixel explosion and respawing. But it's a fair point that Hijack is something more artificial even by spiritual standards so he's got different rules regarding what can actually kill him.

I'm going to sound dumb here, especially since I reread this comic recently, but when do we ever see Hotwire that isn't the flashback scene when Hijack is about to be bisected?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

IUG posted:

I'm going to sound dumb here, especially since I reread this comic recently, but when do we ever see Hotwire that isn't the flashback scene when Hijack is about to be bisected?

Not to my memory.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This comic is just an infinite series of dominos set up only to be knocked down later. "Are we shepherds heeded only in hindsight" indeed.

"I absolutely, 10,000% won't die here!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I like the idea of Aliens actually being real and Alex actually getting abducted but it being completely inconsequential to the ghost and paranormal part of the story so it just get ignore / thrown in the background and never explored.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

Filthy Haiku posted:

Hey if Cody can't see the spirit how did he bring hi and jack back and aaaaaaaaaa everything smells like yellow

https://twitter.com/SoulofTwhit/status/1220892280921493504?s=19

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

This makes me realize that I want to see a character who fights spirits, but he's not a spectral. He just happened to find a tool and uses it to blindly flail at them.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Wait

If they're doing the left and right hemisphere thing, aren't they backwards?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
In Cody's defense, he's twelve.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

In Cody's defense, he's twelve.

But how long has he been 12?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

But how long has he been 12?

His whole life

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

pik_d posted:

His whole life

Hell, same

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Also, Cody can't see spirits, which is the whole point of putting those things on him in the first place.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Roland Jones posted:

Also, Cody can't see spirits, which is the whole point of putting those things on him in the first place.

Yeah but surely he knows left from right!

Or maybe he's just doing it from his left.

limeicebreakers
May 1, 2017

He thought Hijack was facing the other way and tried to put the hat and glasses on his bum

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Okay but uh, where was it indicated that Cody couldn't see spirits? He and his dad seemed to have no issue with it earlier at the school.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Malpais Legate posted:

Okay but uh, where was it indicated that Cody couldn't see spirits? He and his dad seemed to have no issue with it earlier at the school.

It was years of days ago

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-282

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Malpais Legate posted:

Cody had to hear Hijack talking to slash him, and he couldn't see Hijack when his dad was holding the spirit.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-282

Davy explicitly can because he's a former Spectral. He is under the impression his son can't, at least - we can't necessarily take the panel where Hijack isn't drawn as absolute gospel, BUT:

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-284

It's then indicated that Cody had to get Hijack to speak before he could swing, because he can't see him, but Spirits (or whatever) are audible to everyone.

EDIT: rats

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

Oh, huh, somehow I missed the significance of the panel with Cody's ear. That makes a lot more sense than "Cody's anime enough to just know where to cut"

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i would argue that cutting perfectly in two by ear alone is more anime than simply relying on purestrain anime force

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

rannum posted:

The school action sequence was fun and cool even while it was going, for me.
The bigfoot narration is just there and while I know it's meant to add Dramatic Context over the events unfolding... I don't think really adds to anything? Like I even reread the chapter recently and my eyes just glaze over him as he drones on and on. though the radio device as a whole at least lead to the mothman/rich lady connection so that was fun.

I, too, hate the bigfoot and want him to stop

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

You know what they say about guys with big feet

that they'll break your heart, mothman

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
well this is certainly a lot to take in
http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-6-page-46

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Well.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wait.........what?

EDIT: Also: Penny Spender? Really?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wait.........what?

EDIT: Also: Penny Spender? Really?

The sister of Richard "Rick" Spender :v:

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

I like that Zack felt the need to link the relevant comics to show this wasn't a complete asspull

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Is there a single person in Mayview that can be trusted to not have some secret? Or would that be the New Kid who was just abducted by aliens?

edit: Isabella's grandfather was 100% correct. His dojo would have been the safest place for the lantern but everyone and their drat, foolish pride

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Here's the page where she probably lifted the lantern, she had it on her belt in the first few panels, but you don't see it after they collide.

http://www.paranatural.net/comic/chapter-5-page-218