Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

prayer group posted:

So much good Australian punk in 2019. This was one of my favorites of the year. RIFYL the Spits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8qZLIjPVQ4

I like your music :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Speaking of Australian punk, I would like Camp Cope to release new music asap

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

camoseven posted:

Speaking of Australian punk, I would like Camp Cope to release new music asap
Same, what did Georgia's solo album that came out recently?

Parachute
May 18, 2003
did the royal headache ppl ever do anything after that band split?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Forum Joe posted:

Saw Frenzal Rhomb, Hightime, Lungs and Knife Hands last night. I was totally blown away by Hightime, they mixed punk, ska and reggae in a way that I’ve not heard anyone else do before. Early No Doubt and Sublime mixed with other modern melodic punk rock. I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on them in future.
Also, Knife Hands finished with a cover of On The Outside (NUFAN) complete with guest female vocalist (Nina from Hightime) that was just amazing.

:hmmyes: HighTime is indeed very good, thank you for this!!

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
In a similar vein to that Gee Tee release, my favorite Italian punks DADAR just put out a new album, featuring two of the tracks from the EP they put out last year that I liked. They actually remind me of early The Hives but with some synthesizers. Plus it's an Italian punk album with a song called Sick of Pasta. That's great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GARLMGLiBGI

Also I've been obsessed with this over the past week. It's a Florida eggpunk band called AOL that's just super neurotic and fast and weird. Anxious lyrics about being online too much and losing your personality. Seven songs in seven minutes. My friend said "it sounds like if you took all the things i liked about frank zappa, threw everything else in the loving garbage, and then force fed what was left over to the coneheads". Definitely niche but really good at what it's doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NylTDWCwRcI

Okay okay one more and then I'll leave you alone. My friends' band Warm Red has been getting a bit of attention from punk YouTube, which is a thing, I promise. Just saw them play last night. They're so good. Definitely less lo-fi than a lot of stuff I post. Singer is like five feet tall, his name's Tony, he loves Uranium Club, he's the best. Band rules.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWk_fR7Cg7o

prayer group fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 21, 2020

Parachute
May 18, 2003
yeah that warm red & dadar tickle me in those fun spots. AOL isn't really my thing but im willing to give it a few more listens because it's so short and it might be a grower. thanks for sharing!

i like this thing from 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwNsrC6ZTRE

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Have we done the Amyl and the Sniffers thing in here yet? They own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QX4bQPw-_w

They fuckin rule

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'

bowmore posted:

Same, what did Georgia's solo album that came out recently?

I was unaware of this! Gonna check it out today

edit: it's kinda boring and lovely tbh. If you're lookin for good indie pop check out Future Teens instead

camoseven fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jan 22, 2020

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
hey how bout that, Amyl and the Sniffers are in town on April 13th, can't wait

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Post relating to thread subtitle!

When do FEST tickets typically go on sale? Looking at the site, last year was around the beginning of April - is this typical or does it move around year to year? Bought my accommodation already, just need to be alert for onsale so I can get passes as their cheapest.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I have been unable to listen to anything except for Spanish Love Songs for like a week now and it's probably not good for my depression but also it's so loving good and nice to hear somebody singing about the exact same poo poo I'm depressed about.

Parachute
May 18, 2003
my dude drop table phiz has tuned me in to some good stuff lately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylppPmaDDTU
"neuro siege" by mental cavity from australia - this slams. like a great mix between dbeat hardcore, sludge metal, with a bit of black metal thrown in to the mix. tons of blasting and some catchy groove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At1uYRunvS0
"agenda of fear" by wasted struggle from hungary extremely angry powerviolence/grind with heavy dbeat influences and just absurdly heavy breakdowns that remind me of chunky unsane riffs played by converge fans. kind of reminds me a bit of rotten sound with more of a hardcore lean

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Aww yisss D4 / Avail playing together in March

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
So I guess I'll be seeing MCR in Detroit in September. Holy loving expensive tickets though.

Mollymauk
Apr 20, 2006

Inspector_666 posted:

I have been unable to listen to anything except for Spanish Love Songs for like a week now and it's probably not good for my depression but also it's so loving good and nice to hear somebody singing about the exact same poo poo I'm depressed about.

Thank you these guys is scratching my "On the Impossible Past" itch really well.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Mollymauk posted:

Thank you these guys is scratching my "On the Impossible Past" itch really well.

I actually think they're better at Menzingering than The Menzingers, honestly.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Framboise posted:

So I guess I'll be seeing MCR in Detroit in September. Holy loving expensive tickets though.

Yeah I was looking up tickets for Atlanta and it's $135 but the tickets say its for 2-day admission. Thats actually a pretty good deal if there are other bands playing, its like a little mini Emo-Festival.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Framboise posted:

I just got through the queue for the Dallas show. 150+ for nosebleed as far away from stage as possible. Hard pass for me.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Bust Rodd posted:

Yeah I was looking up tickets for Atlanta and it's $135 but the tickets say its for 2-day admission. Thats actually a pretty good deal if there are other bands playing, its like a little mini Emo-Festival.

That's a ridiculously good deal, go for it. I almost considered going for the Chicago show (because gently caress Indiana I guess), but the only tickets are 3-day Riot Fest tickets (starting at around $180) and I'd be assuming that's outdoors and for me, in the summer, is a big no thanks. Would be cool, but I'll take the indoor venue personally.

My friend and I paid $222 each all told for seats (175), parking, and ticketmaster gouging fees. We're in the back of the arena in the bleachers.

The Detroit show more or less sold out in less than an hour. Resale seats are already popping up.

Some of the resale seats in our own section are $500+. Holy loving poo poo. I should quit my job and just be a scalper.

poemdexter posted:

I just got through the queue for the Dallas show. 150+ for nosebleed as far away from stage as possible. Hard pass for me.

I just refreshed and there's only one "standard" seat left for $150+ in the nosebleeds.

All of the seats that were once way cheaper are now resale seats for almost 5 times the price, or seats that Ticketmaster turned into "Platinum" seats for 5 times the price. This should be loving criminal lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I am dumb, it's $135 for 2 day passes to Midtown Music Festival, of which My Chem is a headliner. This actually sounds amazing and I literally dont care if I've never heard of a single other act. I'll try to grab tickets in the next few weeks

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Framboise posted:

That's a ridiculously good deal, go for it. I almost considered going for the Chicago show (because gently caress Indiana I guess), but the only tickets are 3-day Riot Fest tickets (starting at around $180) and I'd be assuming that's outdoors and for me, in the summer, is a big no thanks. Would be cool, but I'll take the indoor venue personally.

My friend and I paid $222 each all told for seats (175), parking, and ticketmaster gouging fees. We're in the back of the arena in the bleachers.

The Detroit show more or less sold out in less than an hour. Resale seats are already popping up.

Some of the resale seats in our own section are $500+. Holy loving poo poo. I should quit my job and just be a scalper.

I just refreshed and there's only one "standard" seat left for $150+ in the nosebleeds.

All of the seats that were once way cheaper are now resale seats for almost 5 times the price, or seats that Ticketmaster turned into "Platinum" seats for 5 times the price. This should be loving criminal lol

Riot Fest owns and you should go (if the lineup is good).

I was in the queue for the queue so I saw all the standard seats. Getting anything closer to the stage and you were creeping into the $300 range. They are 100% cashing in on nostalgia, and I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of other bands trying to do the same. The concert is gonna be overproduced and lame so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

I'm way more excited for the Silverstein anniversary tour at my favorite small venue.

What are the chances they are pulling a MCR reunion tour with no new albums? Or maybe pulling a Dashboard Confessional and pivoting to "yet another bearded indie band"?

As you can tell I have 0 trust in reunion tours. Except for Thursday's 20 year anniversary which I bought both nights and it was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be. Being in the pit for Jet Black New Year made me feel like I was in high school again (I'm old as poo poo).

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

poemdexter posted:

As you can tell I have 0 trust in reunion tours. Except for Thursday's 20 year anniversary which I bought both nights and it was everything I hoped and dreamed it would be. Being in the pit for Jet Black New Year made me feel like I was in high school again (I'm old as poo poo).

I ended up seeing Thursday three times over the length of their whole "uh we're a band again I guess?" touring cycle (once at Northside Fest, once with Touche Amore, and one Full Collapse night) and I am pretty sure it was actually more fun than when I saw them back before the breakup.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

poemdexter posted:

Riot Fest owns and you should go (if the lineup is good).

Too late! I'm already out $444 until my friend's google pay to me for his ticket processes. Rent's tomorrow too! :smith: (it should be in my account by tomorrow so it's fine really but dang)

quote:

I'm way more excited for the Silverstein anniversary tour at my favorite small venue.

Another band I'd love to see live. I actually didn't know they were still doing stuff since I haven't followed them since after... Arrivals and Departures? but I still really loved them in high school.

quote:

What are the chances they are pulling a MCR reunion tour with no new albums? Or maybe pulling a Dashboard Confessional and pivoting to "yet another bearded indie band"?

It's hard to say. The Smashing Pumpkins' reunion tour in 2018 was a blast and tied with the release of a new album, with more on the way this year.

I'll be sad if there's no new MCR music coming from this because holy poo poo guys, please see how much the world has missed you, your shows are selling out in literally an hour-- but I feel like something new will come.

On the other hand, I also wouldn't mind another Gerard Way solo album. I genuinely have liked his solo work.

and not sure why you quoted the Bright Eyes tweet but I'd love to see that as well.

Being an adult and finally being able to enjoy the things kid!me never could has a bittersweet charm to it.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
FWIW Riot Fest Chicago is in September and the weather is usually 60s/70s. Almost definitely rainy, though, or immediately after a rain storm. Or it could be 80s and 90s! Hellworld and all.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Bright Eyes already announced a reunion tour and new album.

I didn't realize MCR was at Riot Fest, that's a tempting trip. It's bogus that they aren't playing anywhere on the east coast between Philly and Atlanta.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I would totally see Bright Eyes and my girlfriend would hate every moment of it. I also sitting on Dashboard Confessional reunion tickets and the image they used for it is Carrabba looking like he's opening a IPA microbrewery/axe throwing bar.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Deathlove posted:

FWIW Riot Fest Chicago is in September and the weather is usually 60s/70s. Almost definitely rainy, though, or immediately after a rain storm. Or it could be 80s and 90s! Hellworld and all.

I haven't lived in Indiana my whole life to not know how hellish midwestern summers can be. I ain't gonna enjoy the show as much if it's stupid hot out.

camoseven posted:

Bright Eyes already announced a reunion tour and new album.

I didn't realize MCR was at Riot Fest, that's a tempting trip. It's bogus that they aren't playing anywhere on the east coast between Philly and Atlanta.

They're headlining it, yeah. When I saw the announcement I was wondering why ticketmaster didn't have anything for the Chicago show, and that's where I saw they'd be at Riot Fest.

Of course, last I looked I didn't see that any one else had been announced to be there.

And I just checked out Bright Eyes shows. Of course they are all in California or New York. Love Bright Eyes, but not enough to drive 10 hours or pay to fly all the way out there.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
I grew up in Indy and we went to the NHRA nationals every year over Labor Day weekend, and I have never been hotter in my life. So I feel ya on not wanting to be outside, BUT it's MCR!! Come on!!

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

camoseven posted:

I grew up in Indy and we went to the NHRA nationals every year over Labor Day weekend, and I have never been hotter in my life. So I feel ya on not wanting to be outside, BUT it's MCR!! Come on!!

I'm still seeing MCR!

....just in detroit :unsmith:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

[url=https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3876906]

Framboise posted:

I'm still seeing MCR!

....just in detroit :unsmith:

I got Detroit tickets too! About 2/3rds of the way up the arena, $428 for two with parking/insurance. I never got to see MCR before they broke up so I'm pretty pumped.

ThePopeOfFun
Feb 15, 2010

drat I sat in line for St. Paul, Denver, and Dallas. No dice. Contemplating forking it over to the scalpers on StubHub but geeze.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I saw MCR at the very beginning, right before they dropped the black parade, and opening for Blink 182 at the end of their career, and the first 2 shows were in my top 10 sets of all time, and their last show was insanely bad and phoned in and I was very bummed about it. Excited to see them

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Tried for philly, hoping for cheap seats.

No luck. By the time I got through an hour later, everything was at least 150 a pop and I cant justify that.

:smith: I really wanted to see them at least once.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It’s worth it

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

BigRed0427 posted:

Tried for philly, hoping for cheap seats.

No luck. By the time I got through an hour later, everything was at least 150 a pop and I cant justify that.

:smith: I really wanted to see them at least once.

Those ARE cheap seats at this point tbh. Unfortunately. I love MCR to pieces but man seating at these shows are restrictively expensive. I spent more for my bleacher seats in the back (not balcony) in this show than I did to get a stageside bleacher seat for the Smashing Pumpkins reunion tour.

The same area for this MCR show was over $600 before resale, and was in the $900s last I looked.

Xinlum
Apr 12, 2009

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a Dark Knight

https://i.imgur.com/CxOF1Oq.jpg

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Scalpers gonna scalp. If they get that money I'll eat my nonexistent hat.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

Back a ways, but I saw this the other day and busted out Schmaltz and am now listening to their new stuff. Such good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I get why My Chemical Romance coming back is a big deal for some people but I personally can't stand them. That said, paying $180 to see them at Riot Fest along with a whole ton of other bands over the course of a weekend is an excellent value if you're into them.