Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

PyPy posted:

It burns when I fart. Corona?

sounds more like fosters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

PyPy posted:

It burns when I fart. Corona?

When it burns when you fart, at the animal meat mart
That's Corona
When your visions starts to blur, after you've eaten bat fur
That's Corona
Alarm Bells will ring ting-a-ling-a-ling, ting-a-ling-a-ling
And you'll yell "Please god help me"
Hearts will fail tippy-tippy-tay, tippy-tippy-DEAD
Like a gay Father Xi

Hey there man, if you can, but back in ol' Wuhan
That's CORONA!

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 1, 2020

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
[quote="Bloody Hedgehog" postHey

This is garbage stop

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
that's 2019-nCoV

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Today when I was asked at my new medical insurance clinic if I wanted the flu shot I stopped, thought a sec, and said if the doc thinks I should, yea.
She did
So totally due to the coronavirus I did not skip it.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

What reason would you have to skip the flu shot? The flu kills poo poo tons of people every year.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Peachfart posted:

What reason would you have to skip the flu shot? The flu kills poo poo tons of people every year.

Flu shots are usually free or $10, take 5-10 minutes or less and aren't painful at all. Unless you have a reaction to the flu shot or other medical reason not to take one you're being a dumbass if you don't get one every year.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I get 15-20 every year and haven't had the flu since I was a child.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

RandomBlue posted:

Flu shots are usually free or $10, take 5-10 minutes or less and aren't painful at all. Unless you have a reaction to the flu shot or other medical reason not to take one you're being a dumbass if you don't get one every year.

My work organizes a flu shot clinic so it’s easy for me but I can totally see why a lot of people don’t get it. You say it’s 5-10 minutes but that’s not really true, for a lot of people it’s a few hours off work and in some places it can be an unpredictable wait time at the doctor. It’s basically the same reason most people don’t get an annual checkup or go to the dentist.

Asking for time off work is stigmatic in capitalist society and most people would rather take their chances. It’s easier to just get a sick day when you’re visibly/audibly ill.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Mozi posted:

that's 2019-nCoV

We really need a better name than that

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
i have never had the flu and never will because i am not old, don't live in a large population where i might be exposed to it, do not have blood in my body to act as a medium for transmission, am powerful as gently caress and will probably be dead by the time i am old enough that it might threaten me so i have never bothered with flu vaccines

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

FlamingLiberal posted:

I saw that this afternoon, and I was surprised that bird flu was that lethal.

All I know about bird flu, I learned from Gucci:
- Sellin birds is my business
- It's a terrible sickness
- In the summer, it's Christmas
- Handle yo business

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Starks posted:

My work organizes a flu shot clinic so it’s easy for me but I can totally see why a lot of people don’t get it. You say it’s 5-10 minutes but that’s not really true, for a lot of people it’s a few hours off work and in some places it can be an unpredictable wait time at the doctor. It’s basically the same reason most people don’t get an annual checkup or go to the dentist.

Asking for time off work is stigmatic in capitalist society and most people would rather take their chances. It’s easier to just get a sick day when you’re visibly/audibly ill.

Most people who don't get it don't even bother to call to see how long the wait is. They don't get it because they think it isn't going to help them and they don't want to take half their lunch once a year to get it done. Honestly I'd be one of those people if I didn't have a family.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I have a colleague who is not dumb (master's in engineering) and her husband is an EMT. She never gets the flu shots because her husband has told her it's 100% worthless. She's sort of scared to admit it because she knows she'll get shouted at, but also she still doesn't get the flu shot. I shout at her about it.

The next 10 posts will concentrate on the part of this post where I said I shout at women.

edit, she has 4 kids

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

Starks posted:

Every pharmacy around here has flu shots with minimal wait time and no appointments

Is it not like that everywhere?

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

redreader posted:

I have a colleague who is not dumb (master's in engineering) and her husband is an EMT. She never gets the flu shots because her husband has told her it's 100% worthless. She's sort of scared to admit it because she knows she'll get shouted at, but also she still doesn't get the flu shot. I shout at her about it.

The next 10 posts will concentrate on the part of this post where I said I shout at women.

edit, she has 4 kids

Masters degree does not mean smart.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

MorrisBae posted:

Every pharmacy around here has flu shots with minimal wait time and no appointments

I'll admit that I don't know what the wait times are like in big cities but almost every person I've heard admit they aren't getting a flu shot isn't doing it because they think they're worthless, not because of the cost or time involved.

The only other reason I've heard is laziness.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

MorrisBae posted:

I moved to the USA about 12 years ago and before that I was in the UK, before that South Africa. I had literally never, ever heard of flu shots before. When I moved to the USA I saw a lot of info about 'get your shots' and my work had a free shots day, and I went and sporadically got my shot/didn't get it for the next 3-4 years and since then I've gone every single year.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

RandomBlue posted:

Most people who don't get it don't even bother to call to see how long the wait is. They don't get it because they think it isn't going to help them and they don't want to take half their lunch once a year to get it done. Honestly I'd be one of those people if I didn't have a family.

I thought this wasn't the case where I am but actually it turns out pharmacies do offer this, I guess they're just bad at advertising it. I feel like most people I've talked to about it think you have to go to a doctor but I concede that I was wrong. honestly my province's website doesn't do a good job of highlighting that either: https://www.ontario.ca/page/flu-facts#section-1 . It says participating pharmacy as a flu shot option but there's no link or additional info.

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Got a nice Wuhan Flu panic in my neighborhood in South Korea. Chinese national that was in Japan and got it from that bus driver.

Came here and has been spreading it for 11 days since he wasn't being monitored since he hadn't directly been to Wuhan.

News and theories just keep spreading.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Starks posted:

I thought this wasn't the case where I am but actually it turns out pharmacies do offer this, I guess they're just bad at advertising it. I feel like most people I've talked to about it think you have to go to a doctor but I concede that I was wrong. honestly my province's website doesn't do a good job of highlighting that either: https://www.ontario.ca/page/flu-facts#section-1 . It says participating pharmacy as a flu shot option but there's no link or additional info.

In the US they advertise it all over the major pharmacies, both in store signs and on the big lit up signs outside the stores. It's not just the urban areas either, I'm talking about Arkansas here, but I've seen it in large cities as well.

Perhaps Canada isn't as good about putting the word out there. The most notable sign I saw in Canada was "beef hamburgers". If beef hamburgers aren't the norm, what other kind of hamburgers are you serving up there?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
turkey burgers, duh

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

MorrisBae posted:

Every pharmacy here in CA does. I walked in last month and waited 5 min to get mine done for free.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

MarcusSA posted:

Every pharmacy here in CA does. I walked in last month and waited 5 min to get mine done for free.

Can't believe it takes 6 months in Canada's socialized healthfail system. Checkmate libailures.

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos

MarcusSA posted:

The grift is that the vaccine costs like $10/dose and insurance companies will pay like $30 for the dose/administration by the pharmacist

So yeah, that's free money for pharmacies

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

redreader posted:

edit, she has 4 kids

I've got a masters in engineering and let me tell you buddy, I ain't even the dumbest idiot in my year.

Honestly the flu is so far in my life nothing more than a slight nuisance for a few days and I think most people can get by without a shot no problem, on the other hand it takes like 5 minutes and is free so why wouldn't you do it.

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Feb 1, 2020

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
my immune system prefers viruses to be at full strength so that they can have a fair fight

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

MorrisBae posted:

The grift is that the vaccine costs like $10/dose and insurance companies will pay like $30 for the dose/administration by the pharmacist

So yeah, that's free money for pharmacies

The point we're making is that, at least in the US, it's free or $10 and easy to get with minimal wait time. Nobody is saying the system is good, we're saying that this particular thing is easy and cheap/free for the average person.

No part of this is an endorsement for the US healthcare system or capitalism.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

Isn't that still nothing compared to a bad flu season in any country with hundreds of millions of people?

You're making the mistake of comparing an entire flu season to the beginning of a new outbreak, while the infection rate is still increasing and before we even really have an accurate understanding of what the disease does in aggregate. Our understanding is still basically speculative, we know it can kill people and cause viral pneumonia and we also know that the symptoms can be pretty mild, but the actual percentages of people it will kill vs debilitate vs barely impact are completely unknown

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
If I start a GoFundMe for a bunker and livestream myself 24/7 from it for one year, do you think I'll reach my goal, and how dumb will I look for doing so in a year's time

I should shoot for one of those luxury bunkers they made for rich people with swimming pools and butler service

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Starks posted:

I don't like Kaiser very much but they did a good thing by literally putting a flu shot station in their lobby. You can walk in, show them your member card, get a flu shot, and walk out without ever checking in anywhere or paying anyone (the shot is free). The entire process is maybe 2 minutes and you don't need an appointment

It's the one good thing that I can say about Kaiser, they've gotten really good at giving people flu shots. In fact everything else about Kaiser is so bad that I assumed this was the low bar that everyone else at least met, and your post is surprising me with information saying otherwise

QuarkJets fucked around with this message at 09:25 on Feb 1, 2020

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
I want to shrink myself down real small and gently caress the virus with my penis like in that one show i think it was Archer season 6??

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Small Gay Planet posted:

I want to shrink myself down real small and gently caress the virus with my penis like in that one show i think it was Archer season 6??

You personally wouldn't need to shrink down though

Small Gay Planet
Aug 2, 2019

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

You personally wouldn't need to shrink down though

Then shrink the virus for a tighter fit

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Gildiss posted:

Got a nice Wuhan Flu panic in my neighborhood in South Korea. Chinese national that was in Japan and got it from that bus driver.

Came here and has been spreading it for 11 days since he wasn't being monitored since he hadn't directly been to Wuhan.

What neighborhood are you in?

I was personally quite peeved when my train stopped at Cheongju international airport last night.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gildiss posted:

So he didn’t exhibit any symptoms for 11 days?

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

QuarkJets posted:

I don't like Kaiser very much but they did a good thing by literally putting a flu shot station in their lobby. You can walk in, show them your member card, get a flu shot, and walk out without ever checking in anywhere or paying anyone (the shot is free). The entire process is maybe 2 minutes and you don't need an appointment

It's the one good thing that I can say about Kaiser, they've gotten really good at giving people flu shots. In fact everything else about Kaiser is so bad that I assumed this was the low bar that everyone else at least met, and your post is surprising me with information saying otherwise

I’ve gotten free flu shots at kaiser without even being a member. They just really want to give people shots!

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Charlz Guybon posted:

What neighborhood are you in?

I was personally quite peeved when my train stopped at Cheongju international airport last night.

Bucheon.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Pitdragon posted:

my immune system prefers viruses to be at full strength so that they can have a fair fight
[pitdragon pushes forward an offering of vulnerable cells for nutrition to wuhan]

honorable wuhan virus: [pushes them back] you depend on crowd immunity. do not be hypocritical

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

To Wuhan Flu, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar