Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Does anyone have the panel/panels from (I think) Concrete, where the normally very amicable giant man threatens someone incredibly violently. I think its maybe a terrorist/hostage situation? I remember it being badass in a way that was better than most comic stuff, but I might be wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
A little something nice for Laura fans from today's X-Men #5 to make up for Fallen Angels:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

How Wonderful! posted:

A little something nice for Laura fans from today's X-Men #5 to make up for Fallen Angels:

I'm liking the trend of heroes deciding their temporary successors are just as worthy as they are, Clint Barton did it too

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

How Wonderful! posted:

Trolling Cyclops while he's trying to get his authority on? Yeah, she's Wolverine all right.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I'm liking the trend of heroes deciding their temporary successors are just as worthy as they are, Clint Barton did it too

Miles allows Peter to be Spider-Man still.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Miles allows Peter to be Spider-Man still.

:golfclap:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

How Wonderful! posted:

hell, that makes up for tamakis x-23

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Immortal Hulk #30.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Captain_Indigo posted:

Does anyone have the panel/panels from (I think) Concrete, where the normally very amicable giant man threatens someone incredibly violently. I think its maybe a terrorist/hostage situation? I remember it being badass in a way that was better than most comic stuff, but I might be wrong.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
Would Superman's wine cellar be considered badass?

I mean:

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

biracial bear for uncut posted:

I mean:

Who's drinking the diamonds? Unless they're also from Bismol they're going to have some problems.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I mean:

I'm wondering what his full array of beverage glasses looks like.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Random Stranger posted:

Who's drinking the diamonds? Unless they're also from Bismol they're going to have some problems.

In my head, the diamonds are actually ground up broken glass because of escapades involving Jimmy Olsen fortress-sitting, and the inferior vintage will kill a space-Pope.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Random Stranger posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0wvDwSnzcw

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I mean:

I'm thinking the last one is a reference to Comet. Cheval blanc means white horse.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
I'd pass on the "living Riesling".

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Grendels Dad posted:

I'd pass on the "living Riesling".

Yeah, Rieslings are a bit sweet for my tastes.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
The diamonds are just a little "thanks for dropping by" present.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I'm glad all of those varieties of grapes can grow outside of earth climates.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

prefect posted:

I'm wondering what his full array of beverage glasses looks like.

A couple of those feel very hostile. In a 'stab your face' kind of way.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

A couple of those feel very hostile. In a 'stab your face' kind of way.

If you can't survive the glassware, you're not going to survive the contents of the glass. Caveat potor Not really close, but sounds better than Cave ne permalum bibit

CzarChasm fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jan 31, 2020

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

John Dyne posted:

I'm glad all of those varieties of grapes can grow outside of earth climates.

"Actually, it's only called wine if it's from the Earth region of the Milky Way Galaxy.."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

This reminds me to read Concrete

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's good but it's like Hellboy, in that you feel like you're reading someone's Ben Grimm fanfiction

Admiralty Flag
Jun 7, 2007

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Cabbit posted:

"Actually, it's only called wine if it's from the Earth region of the Milky Way Galaxy.."

:golfclap:

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
I like it better when it’s suggested that J’onn was pulled by Dr Erdel’s device across millions of years, not, like...a month.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Isn't that just the scene from The Princess Bride but worse?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Kudos you just unlocked the secret to why Concrete is beloved but hardly promoted as a classic

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Concrete is astonishingly good but that scene is 1) not at all indicative of the tone of most of the content and 2) all the stronger for being such an anomaly. most of the book is more like "my mother's dying, how can I visit her to say goodbye without giving away my secret identity"

EDIT: "well I'm immortal and indefatigable, why don't I swim across the pacific ocean once, just to see how it feels"

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I mean:

Man of the people indeed.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

LordSaturn posted:

Concrete is astonishingly good but that scene is 1) not at all indicative of the tone of most of the content and 2) all the stronger for being such an anomaly. most of the book is more like "my mother's dying, how can I visit her to say goodbye without giving away my secret identity"

EDIT: "well I'm immortal and indefatigable, why don't I swim across the pacific ocean once, just to see how it feels"
Yeah the 90 pages before that are pretty much Concrete realizing his buddy got taken hostage by random carjackers (I think? I was skimming a little) and he was trying clumsily to chase after him.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I mean:

I hear it's risky to order three glasses of Beetle Juice in one evening.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
2 drink limit per customer.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Did he buy the wine or was he gifted the wine? Or did he "acquire" the wine during legion time travel hijinks?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I like the idea of Clark getting most of his wine cellar from the Legion but it's really just like a bunch of Smirnoff Ice and Mike's Hard from their local 7-11 and no one has the heart to correct him

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

LordSaturn posted:

"I climbed Mount Everest without oxygen!

... what do you mean, someone already did that?"

Zombie Dachshund
Feb 26, 2016

Lobok posted:

I'm thinking the last one is a reference to Comet. Cheval blanc means white horse.

Maybe, but it’s also the only real wine in the bunch. Cheval Blanc is one of the most famous (and expensive) producers in the world.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Hulk #13: Hulk is smart in this series and has made it his mission to depower every other gamma-powered character in the Marvel universe.

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

I mean:

what is the context for this? it's hard to google for superman wine because people keep making superman-themed wine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

LordSaturn posted:

what is the context for this? it's hard to google for superman wine because people keep making superman-themed wine

Batman #68, by Amanda Conner and Tom King, which is basically Lois Lane hosting a bachelorette party for Catwoman. There's way more to it, not worth going into here.