Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

They should've made you pass out or something. I don't really understand why they decided to make that sequence optional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I'm on the fence about whether they should have made it skippable. I think it's lent a real sense of surprise because you chose to make the innocuous decision of taking a nap in a random rear end bed. But it's such a thematically essential scene that I'd feel bad for anyone who missed it.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

I think it's fine for it to be optional, but maybe it could've happened under different circumstances. At the time I didn't do it because I was just...well...um...what if something happens...while I am asleep.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

GulagDolls posted:

I think it's fine for it to be optional, but maybe it could've happened under different circumstances. At the time I didn't do it because I was just...well...um...what if something happens...while I am asleep.

What are you talking about. Napping at the location of a suspected murderer makes total sense.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
It it happens shortly after a "Times Up!" type event so even though they make it clear the clock isn't ticking you do feel a sense or urgency. However, I don't mind even thematically important scenes being tucked away where you may not always see them.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

How does Cuno react to you taking a nap?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Lockback posted:

It it happens shortly after a "Times Up!" type event so even though they make it clear the clock isn't ticking you do feel a sense or urgency. However, I don't mind even thematically important scenes being tucked away where you may not always see them.

yeah my first go through i didnt cause it was like noon? or something? by the time i got to it after the tribunal so it was like hey want to take a nap and i was like uh...no??

i had kind of figured it was there to do health/morale healing before some big moment but i was fully healed so i was like nah im good

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
I missed that scene the first time as well. It really doesn't seem like a good time to sleep.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I think if there's one thing playing the game up to that point teaches you, it's that doing the inappropriate thing is often the more rewarding decision.

Nosfereefer
Jun 15, 2011

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Vegetable posted:

I think if there's one thing playing the game up to that point teaches you, it's that doing the inappropriate thing is often the more rewarding decision.

To be fair, the tribunal punishes you pretty hard for messing about instead of just getting your poo poo together.

Except if you set fire to a dude like some crazy disco cop from hell.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality
It make sense to nap at the time because harry was bleeding all over and in bad shape and Kim was keeping watch. Otherwise I’d have missed the dream too.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Yeah, the game gives you a few nudges- the dream from being shot has a conversation train that tells you that the next dream is going to be the one that ruins you, and when you look at the bed, it reminds you that you’re still recuperating from being shot, massive blood loss, and major surgery and maybe you really really should lie down for a bit.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

Doctor Reynolds posted:

How does Cuno react to you taking a nap?

If I remember right, if you tell him you were dreaming about a woman, he commiserates with his experience with Cunoesse.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There isn't anything to do with Cunosse is there? She's just there to poo poo talk you, even after you earn Cuno's trust and find out her backstory?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

There isn't anything to do with Cunosse is there? She's just there to poo poo talk you, even after you earn Cuno's trust and find out her backstory?

unless you shoot her.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

You can also fail to do stuff that activates the dream sequence, so when you lie there harry pulls himself together and gets up. I did it in recent phys run and I just didn't do stuff to make it happen, the church etc.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

unless you shoot her.

You can do WHAT?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

thecluckmeme posted:

You can do WHAT?

You get an instant game over, but yes

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

thecluckmeme posted:

You can do WHAT?

If you're curious, when trying to get the body down, you can suggest to Kim that you can shoot it down and ask him for his gun. Then you can go from there.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
Cunoesse is interesting to me because apparently she was subjected to an even worse life than Cuno. Like when Cuno found her she was stewing in her own piss and poo poo.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Xanderkish posted:

Cunoesse is interesting to me because apparently she was subjected to an even worse life than Cuno. Like when Cuno found her she was stewing in her own piss and poo poo.

This is because she killed someone, and was freaking out over it. Cuno doesn't hang out with her because he likes her, he does it to keep an eye on her.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Yeah, Cunoesse is heavily implied to have killed another child for snuff radio. Like, actual, honest to god murder.

On a different note, I read through the thread the last few days and something from earlier struck me. At the church, La Revacholiere tells you she'll go up in a nuclear firestorm in 22 years, if you have the right stats. Somebody pointed out that the stained mural of Dolores Dei prompts a musing from Encyclopedia about how her killer killed her a long time after her coronation...22 years, to be precise. That just can't be a coincidence, can it?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Transient People posted:

Yeah, Cunoesse is heavily implied to have killed another child for snuff radio. Like, actual, honest to god murder.

On a different note, I read through the thread the last few days and something from earlier struck me. At the church, La Revacholiere tells you she'll go up in a nuclear firestorm in 22 years, if you have the right stats. Somebody pointed out that the stained mural of Dolores Dei prompts a musing from Encyclopedia about how her killer killed her a long time after her coronation...22 years, to be precise. That just can't be a coincidence, can it?

I remember the snuff radio, but don’t remember it being implied that it was a kid?

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Wafflecopper posted:

i found 3 bullets

I'll bite.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

chaosapiant posted:

I remember the snuff radio, but don’t remember it being implied that it was a kid?

It's definitely there. Harry asks Cuno who she's killed, and he'll start bullshitting that she killed a cop. Voice any kind of doubt or incredulity, and Cuno will admit that was made-up. However, Harry can then ask if Cuno thinks she may have killed another child, and he will concur. You may have to pass some passive checks to ask him if she may have murdered a child.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
Haven't checked the thread since page 114, but has there been any more news about a ps4 release?

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

skeleton warrior posted:

Yeah, the game gives you a few nudges- the dream from being shot has a conversation train that tells you that the next dream is going to be the one that ruins you, and when you look at the bed, it reminds you that you’re still recuperating from being shot, massive blood loss, and major surgery and maybe you really really should lie down for a bit.

Yeah, my thought process when I got to the bed was "nothing the game has hinted I should do so far has turned out to be the wrong thing to do".

Then I woke up and Kim was gone and I was like "he was the killer all along, it all makes sense!", but then it turned out it was a dream instead whoops.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Terra-da-loo! posted:

Haven't checked the thread since page 114, but has there been any more news about a ps4 release?

Not that I've seen.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

wiegieman posted:

This is because she killed someone, and was freaking out over it. Cuno doesn't hang out with her because he likes her, he does it to keep an eye on her.

I guess the question is what led to her doing that? Like was she one of those children born a sociopath, or did something else lead to it? I find myself leaning to the latter, but there's not really textual evidence either way.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I don't know why you wouldn't choose to sleep, Kim is like, 'You're literally bleeding everywhere and this is super important, so you should rest", in a very 'this is the point of no return' type of dialogue, that he gives you before you find Ruby.

Anyone playing HARDCORE! mode? I'm enjoying it, it's not too bad, interestingly I've already got like 7 thoughts that I didn't get in my entire first playthrough, and I've just finished day one. I've also been playing in a way that I think is 'intended', because I was just too cautious and safe, besides the more innocent jokey options, so it's interesting seeing how different some stuff plays out. Like I threatened Garte so I didn't have to pay for the room by accusing him of... raping Sylvie (I'm... sorry, like, irl I'm sorry cop, but this time I'm just going to be a superstar/corrupt cop). Also, I actually failed the check with the ball game that Rene and what's his name are playing, which is actually the correct way to play the game and the dialogue is incredible, I'm paraphrasing poorly, but it's like "It feels bad, your motor skills just failed you. It's bad, like you touched your sister's breast. You just touched your sister's breast", even though they're telling you you did great and you just keep thinking about how much you suck.

Holy poo poo, am I the only one who didn't realize at all that the 'right to work' scab is also one of the mercenaries... and I also didn't think about the cops in the cafeteria for some reason, even though I should've realized there's something up with other RCM officers being in Martinaise at all, and obviously you worked with him and he hates you, which I got, I just didn't think about what they were actually doing there.

Also, how do you get Joyce to talk to you about the Pale? And is it possible to get every item of clothing, because I want to try that this playthrough,

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Imhotep posted:

Also, how do you get Joyce to talk to you about the Pale? And is it possible to get every item of clothing, because I want to try that this playthrough,

It's a conceptualization check in the philosophical dialogue tree you can have with her. It works better when Kim isn't around (last thing he wants is for you to freak out over an impending apocalypse in your current condition), and if you've had Jamais Vu (Derealization) researched in the thought cabinet. I missed it the first time around and was really aghast at how much I missed out on.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Imhotep posted:

Also, I actually failed the check with the ball game that Rene and what's his name are playing, which is actually the correct way to play the game and the dialogue is incredible, I'm paraphrasing poorly, but it's like "It feels bad, your motor skills just failed you. It's bad, like you touched your sister's breast. You just touched your sister's breast", even though they're telling you you did great and you just keep thinking about how much you suck.

The actual line is "You threw your sister's breast" which is :perfect:

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

One in the shack
One in the apartment
And one in the merc's skull

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Wafflecopper posted:

One in the shack
One in the apartment

Yeah but number 3 can't be shot like the other 2

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Wafflecopper posted:

One in the shack
One in the apartment

If you are gonna count that third one, you might as well also count the bullet you use to shoot the corpse down.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Enjoy posted:

Yeah but number 3 can't be shot like the other 2

:thejoke:

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!

Xanderkish posted:

I guess the question is what led to her doing that? Like was she one of those children born a sociopath, or did something else lead to it? I find myself leaning to the latter, but there's not really textual evidence either way.

I didn't get this in the game, but it's thematically similar to the rest of the game if there was a secret cabal of rich paying poor kids to kill each other for their kicks.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Imhotep posted:

Holy poo poo, am I the only one who didn't realize at all that the 'right to work' scab is also one of the mercenaries...

This one is surprising to me because the game is super hinting at this in several different dialogues. Maybe there’s some failed checks where you don’t realize this? I had no idea!

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

You know, throughout most of the game, I suspected the dice lady to be the second mercenary. After getting a hint from Joyce about the location, and given that I hadn't yet succeeded on some checks with that NPC, I figured this was the case.

Needless to say, it wasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Does anyone know how to reach the green rectangle in the darkness underneath the Feld Electrical Building? It's to the left of the spot where you find Ruby. I've looked around and can't find a way to it.