Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Bruise Almighty is not the IOSM.

https://twitter.com/kmlefranc/status/1221869659139366912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

gently caress the internet

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Slippery posted:

What in the world are you talking about? This is complete and utter nonsense and trust me I work for the government and I am very familiar with nonsense.

What you are saying makes so little sense I thought maybe I was having a stroke, is what I am saying here and i would love for you to expound on this post

Likely he's referring to the purported effects of the Other Than Honorable Discharge. I'm not certain gov't contractors are forbidden from hiring, but it decreases the chances of future employment with a large swath of the US corporate world. Security clearances get to be tricky, even "Secret" or, god forbid, "Confidential". I'd have to dig up my old regs (superceded by now), but there is a chart they give you about the poo poo you lose with an OTH.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Hmm yes, why don't ambulances just wait til rush hour is over

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

Away all Goats posted:

Why don't people just re-schedule their medical emergencies, I don't get it. Just like, have that heart attack tomorrow bro.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

torgeaux posted:

Likely he's referring to the purported effects of the Other Than Honorable Discharge. I'm not certain gov't contractors are forbidden from hiring, but it decreases the chances of future employment with a large swath of the US corporate world. Security clearances get to be tricky, even "Secret" or, god forbid, "Confidential". I'd have to dig up my old regs (superceded by now), but there is a chart they give you about the poo poo you lose with an OTH.

Yeah, OTH hurts, but I was referring to the ban on government contractors hiring anyone with a Dishonorable Discharge, the McDs is a bit of hyperbole.

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Byzantine posted:

kill all turks

I lol'ed at this

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Away all Goats posted:

They die because it takes too long to get them to the hospital... so make them wait hours before you even start taking them there?

(I once had to go through rush hour traffic with a stroke victim going lights and sirens at the end of my shift, and ended up stuck in a traffic jam of my own creation on my way home when people were still getting back in lanes an hour later. It wouldn’t have been a problem if everyone just pulled to the right like they were supposed to!)

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

torgeaux posted:

Sure, but thinking the military forces all those who say they want to get out, to do so with an OTH, doesn't make sense for many reasons; first of which being that one can look at the number of those who ETS 'normally' vice how many OTHs are handed out.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Cloud and Barrett go out together but it’s not a date, it’s clearly a platonic friendship between two heterosexual men

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Are you saying that you can just leave the military prior to your contract expiring because that is not true.

There are some vehicles to get out early with an honorable discharge, but they all involve hardship of some sort (e.g. my spouse died/is a drug addict/beats my kids and I need to care for them, is the most common).

If you walk up to a superior or medical professional and say "I hate the military so much that I want to commit suicide right now" they will:

A) Tell you to "man up" or "stop being a bitch"

B) Refer you to psychological care, if you have a clean record you'll probably get a medical or administrative discharge.

C) Determine you're "faking it" because (refer to A) and kick you out with an OTH.

If you're saying you can leave when your contract is up, well yeah, of course you can that's what the vast majority does, they're even required by law to send you to classes to deprogram the Myrmidon chip they implanted and act like a normal. If you thought I was saying you couldn't do that, I apologize, I'm bad at understandishable words.

E: Cloud and Barrett is the love story of the century, we all know Cloud's affinity for large objects, and just imagine the variety of non-gun attachments Barrett can mount to his hand.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Clerical Terrors posted:

Why don't people just re-schedule their medical emergencies, I don't get it. Just like, have that heart attack tomorrow bro.

Announcement over dinner at my college dorm:

The health center will be closed monday; please plan your illnesses accordingly.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Elviscat posted:

Yeah, OTH hurts, but I was referring to the ban on government contractors hiring anyone with a Dishonorable Discharge, the McDs is a bit of hyperbole.

Yeah, but DD is only the result of a conviction of a set of criminal charges, it's not something someone gets for trying to get out.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I ...

... nothing

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

So like, who should be more embarresed to be seen with the other?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

what the gently caress

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
of course a trump and kid rock would feel sorrow at the passing of a fellow wealthy rapist

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

oldpainless posted:

Cloud and Barrett go out together but it’s not a date, it’s clearly a platonic friendship between two heterosexual men

Whatever he still chose to attend a hottub orgy in a sex club with a bunch of bikini clad leather daddies.

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

So like, who should be more embarresed to be seen with the other?

The deer

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

God

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

Whatever he still chose to attend a hottub orgy in a sex club with a bunch of bikini clad leather daddies.

A platonic hot tub orgy in a sex club with a bunch of bikini clad leather daddies.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Pulsarcat posted:

A platonic hot tub orgy in a sex club with a bunch of bikini clad leather daddies.

hell yeah sounds like a good time

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

oldpainless posted:

More like oldgaysubtextless.

I mean, you're correct but when there's a chance to deploy obscure game facts to irritate a homophobic gamer rear end in a top hat you should take it.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/halaljew/status/1223432917734625280?s=20

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/1223758259213033478?s=20

Ah yes, the lucrative black market tampon racket.

There might be one. There are/were ones for detergent and diapers. Still would say anything unless it was like the last one and I needed it and the person was cackling loudly about how they're going to get so much meth with this bottle of Tide.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Lol at the replies

Edit: her followup

:psyduck:

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 06:12 on Feb 2, 2020

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Picnic Princess posted:

Oh God why would you wear leather in a hot tub?!

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Look at this scrub who doesn’t know about boiled leather.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

This is the setup of The Third Man, but in reverse.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Who What Now posted:

Leather daddy is more than a wardrobe choice, it's a philosophy, a way of being.

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm not going to probate anybody because I do think it important actual minorities/PoCs have a chance to speak for themselves in response to a lengthy post at/about them. Araenna in particular I was expecting would want to post a response to Screaming Idiot despite my warning and if our positions had been reversed I probably would have done the same.

However, I would still appreciate it if we collectively moved on. The conversation is past what this thread is meant to encompass.

I will behave.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

In high school a friend of mine was very loudly and teenagerly into communism*, I used the metal shop's laser to cut him and I a hammer and sickle and this old Eastern European man who would help a classmate with a disability mournfully told me I had no idea what evil I was venerating. I thanked him and made sure he was out the next time I made one for another friend.

I never asked his story and he was a genuinely nice guy, but I assume he was the child of some piroshki monopolist or something.

*(so was I admittedly. These days all I have is a little black/red flag pin and a tendency to be less nice to people in suits.)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

you know when black lives matter decided to burn portland "i'm not racist, but" OR down and loot all the hipster's things I had my doubts but honestly things are much better

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
BLM/Ferguson leaders are still getting murdered to this day to very little coverage

Wonder which side the murderers are on

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Memento posted:

Leather daddy is more than a wardrobe choice, it's a philosophy, a way of being.

Anyone can be a leather father, it takes someone special to be a leather daddy.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think the best way to preserve the hot tub scene would be to make it a relaxation thing, just cloud and a bunch of guys chilling in a hot tub making small talk. Doesn't have to be a weird sex thing. Maybe Cloud starts off feeling awkward, but by the end of the night he's leaving the room laughing, shouting into it "Yeah Bubby I'm sure that's how it happened! Nice try!"

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

BioEnchanted posted:

I think the best way to preserve the hot tub scene would be to make it a relaxation thing, just cloud and a bunch of guys chilling in a hot tub making small talk. Doesn't have to be a weird sex thing. Maybe Cloud starts off feeling awkward, but by the end of the night he's leaving the room laughing, shouting into it "Yeah Bubby I'm sure that's how it happened! Nice try!"

They should all charge their crystals too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

Yeah, haha, that'd be pretty funny, maybe someone even has some artwork of it, haha, my friend would like to see it so if you could post it here for me to show him.