Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
LOL what a terrible tweet. One butt supporter complained and the pollster was like "yeah it'll be released tonight"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

joepinetree posted:

You do realize that there are other positions other than congress, right? Such as, i don't know, the judiciary? Something that, as a faculty member of Harvard law, she'd be on a lot of short lists for?

She was such s hard core republican that in 1991 she was giving speeches to the Federalist society, also known as the farm system for republican judiciary appointments.

Then, as soon as she moves to a deep blue state and democrats are poised to control the presidency for a while she's suddenly not a republican anymore. Do i think she foresaw running for Senate? No. Do i think she realized a Federalist type law professor was never going to get an appointment at the state or federal level in MA under Clinton? In an era where blue slips still meant something? Absolutely. Her explanation as to why 1996, not 94, not 92 makes no sense.

The Federalist Society has had folks from the Clinton and Obama administrations speak at their events, so I don’t think it’s a stretch to think Warren wouldn’t have been trying to hide some of her speeches. I’m not sure you need to go through those mental gymnastics when there’s a much easier explanation: The Democratic Party looked a lot like the Republican Party in many ways if you go back a decade or two.

Who’s got that support for gay marriage comic handy? The one where all the politicians start saying they’re for it when polls hit like 60% or something?

That’s a pretty apt depiction of the evolution of a lot of folks in the Democratic Party.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

What. This is my whole evening you fucks!!!

E: oh, nothingburger

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

oxsnard posted:

LOL what a terrible tweet. One butt supporter complained and the pollster was like "yeah it'll be released tonight"

where did you see the pollster saying it's coming out tonight?

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

generic one posted:

The Federalist Society has had folks from the Clinton and Obama administrations speak at their events, so I don’t think it’s a stretch to think Warren wouldn’t have been trying to hide some of her speeches. I’m not sure you need to go through those mental gymnastics when there’s a much easier explanation: The Democratic Party looked a lot like the Republican Party in many ways if you go back a decade or two.

Who’s got that support for gay marriage comic handy? The one where all the politicians start saying they’re for it when polls hit like 60% or something?

That’s a pretty apt depiction of the evolution of a lot of folks in the Democratic Party.

I mean, you're not wrong overall, but keep in mind how the Reagan administration handled the AIDS crisis.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Mayo Pete getting ahead of bad numbers

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
AAAAAND

https://twitter.com/jmartNYT/status/1223786294867873792?s=19

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

FizFashizzle posted:

Mayo Pete getting ahead of bad numbers

Anecdotal but from my experience in eastern Iowa, the main Bernie organizer in my county is very very concerned about the number of Pete voters that keep popping up.

Also, haven't met a single Biden voter in person. They just exist in some weird shadow realm and pop out when a pollster calls

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Really? Okay then.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://youtu.be/IMjPL-sGLkM

Bernie chillin in Cedar Rapids.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
That poll is definitely extremely good for Bernie, lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

FUCKkkkkkkfdas;;dgasfhaw i have like 20 tabs open for predictit!!!!!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/mollyhc/status/1223787385554599936?s=19

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

Lemming posted:

That poll is definitely extremely good for Bernie, lmao

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

BIGLY RIGGED!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hahaha, nothing to see here, no sir!

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lmao so it shows Bernie winning big got it

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
"conspiracy to suppress a good bernie poll" seems like A Take since dmr literally already released a poll with him up

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
lol what the gently caress? why not release the poll?

I had a great conversation with a very clean-cut college prep looking Pete campaign worker today and, uh, he did not have an answer for why he was in with Pete other than "we need to unify the country" so there you go.

e: he did not have an answer when I asked what sort of across-the-aisle compromise could possibly be realistic under a presidency of any of the candidates. Nice kid, but not ready for prime time.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Concerned Citizen posted:

"conspiracy to suppress a good bernie poll" seems like A Take since dmr literally already released a poll with him up

What a credulous baby lmao

Armack
Jan 27, 2006
CNN refused to stream it? I guess we can conclude Bernie is ahead.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Bernie is up by 100 points.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Yea idk what I was thinking it's not like the media and CNN in particular has been blatantly and openly conspiring against Bernie or anything my bad

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Lemming posted:

What a credulous baby lmao

nah it's cool, now that the poll wasn't released you can just pretend it's whatever you wanted it to be. that's the magic of imagination!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

empty whippet box posted:

Yea idk what I was thinking it's not like the media and CNN in particular has been blatantly and openly conspiring against Bernie or anything my bad

they literally just released two good polls for bernie in like a week

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

nah it's cool, now that the poll wasn't released you can just pretend it's whatever you wanted it to be. that's the magic of imagination!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

please don't advocate self-harm on this forum

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Will someone else air the poll result?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I think they're just throwing it out

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

PerniciousKnid posted:

Bernie is up by 100 points.

Yeah this

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Grouchio posted:

i just assume someone is going to leak it at some point, there is no shortage of people who got to see it (including, almost certainly, the buttigieg campaign)

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

If they really did somehow leave Pete's name out they'll scuttle the whole thing and we'll never see it.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Somebody should leak the poll IMO

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

please don't advocate self-harm on this forum

I'm not, you earned a stupid a avatar for being a dipshit, and there's no possible argument I can have with you more effective than pointing out what a dipshit you are

Eminai
Apr 29, 2013

I agree with Dante, that the hottest places in hell are reserved for those who in a period of moral crisis maintain their neutrality.

seems like a pretty big difference between dropping a bernie +3 poll and a bernie +30 poll, though

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Eminai posted:

seems like a pretty big difference between dropping a bernie +3 poll and a bernie +30 poll, though

Especially considering how much he's been surging, they want to suppress that

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

It was a good poll result for Bernie that would have certainly led to even MORE support because voters/caucus goers like voting for winners, so they just threw it out.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

generic one posted:

This is a dumb and pedantic argument to have. My argument is not that i can read Warren's mind. My point is that every single one of her conversions came at a moment that was advantageous to her career. Such as leaving the republican party when she moved from a state that almost exclusively had republican senators to one that almost exclusively had Democratic ones, at a time when a democratic president went from looking like a fluke to a long term prospect.

Was this the one conversion that was sincere? Don't know and don't care, because it wasn't my point.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Grouchio posted:

They're already saying DMR is also pulling it from the front page they're running tomorrow so i guess not.

I dunno what they think they're doing by not airing the poll results. Do they think elections are like some kind of Schrodinger's Box?

https://twitter.com/CNNPR/status/1223789646989144065

lol "we don't even know if it's true but we'll do it"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wicked Them Beats posted:

If they really did somehow leave Pete's name out they'll scuttle the whole thing and we'll never see it.

It sounds like one person who was a respondent to the poll got mad and called the newspaper to say it was biased because they didn't like the wording of the questions or Pete want an answer in every question or something