Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Pork vindaloo burrito/grilled taco-failed roll

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Chipotle Chicken with Black Beans and Brown Rice. was freaking awesome. Sauce is basically Chile Colorado, with chipotle. Gonna put that poo poo on everything.

The sauce is actually vegan, so for giggles I went ahead and made a fully vegan version with medium tofu and it was actually also great.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

Doom Rooster posted:

Chipotle Chicken with Black Beans and Brown Rice. was freaking awesome. Sauce is basically Chile Colorado, with chipotle. Gonna put that poo poo on everything.

Sauce looks great, it's a shame that it's quite difficult to get decent quality dried chillis over here, at least in my experience.

Made Caico e Pepe for lunch (yes it's linguine, all I had):

EVG
Dec 17, 2005

If I Saw It, Here's How It Happened.
Only picture I took looks like crap, but this was super delicious. Japanese curry, jasmine rice and friend pork cutlet.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I made tendies :discourse:

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

'gramming it up for breakfast yesterday. Leftover blackeyes and collards with fried eggs and Mexene, surrounded by stuff I was cooking later on.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Barramundi with brown butter sauce, barley and steamed veggies

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Homemade marmalade on homemade toast!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Cleaning out my fridge and used bell peppers, serranos, and eggplant to make three pepper chicken.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

This is what I jotted down for this one.
At the end I thought the flavor was a slightly flat, so I added some garlic powder and that really gave it a little extra dimension. So next time I’ll probably add a little sliced or minced garlic in with the leeks and mushrooms at the beginning.

You can also probably make it a little more savory by using only butter instead of half olive oil.

1 sliced leek
3-4 cubed potatoes
4-5 sliced white button mushrooms
4 cups chicken stock
Olive oil
Butter
Salt
Pepper
Tarragon
Cayenne

Sauté sliced leeks in butter/olive oil. Add salt/pepper. When leeks have Mostly softened, add sliced mushrooms. When both have softened to desired level, add cubed potatoes and 4 qts chicken stock and a little tarragon and cayenne pepper.

Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer. While potato’s are softening, scoop out about 1 cup of liquid into separate bowl let cool slightly in refrigerator. Mix in a couple tablespoons of sour cream and whisk together. Pour mixture back into simmering soup and stir in. If you add the sour cream directly to the simmering soup, it will most likely curdle. Add one tablespoon of arrowroot powder or corn starch to thicken. Season to taste.

I hate soup.

That being said, I had a duck carcass in the fridge and hate to waste so I made stock for the first time ever. And this looked kinda good so I'll be making soup tonight for the first time ever, roughly based on this. Wish me luck food goons.

Professor Wayne posted:

Cleaning out my fridge and used bell peppers, serranos, and eggplant to make three pepper chicken.

:yeah:

Cleaning out leftovers is a great excuse to make a stir-fry.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

I hate soup.

That being said, I had a duck carcass in the fridge and hate to waste so I made stock for the first time ever. And this looked kinda good so I'll be making soup tonight for the first time ever, roughly based on this. Wish me luck food goons.

Godspeed :patriot:

horchata
Oct 17, 2010
Made shoyu ramen. Was pretty disappointed with my chasu, I tried doing the rolly thing but it unrolled when i seared it and it ended up being way too chewy instead of tender like I wanted. I sous vide the pork for 2 hours but I definitely need to do it longer for next time.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Aglio e Olio for me is pretty much the easiest pasta dish in the world. I cook it on weeknights all the time. I usually make it with spaghetti but forgot I only had penne this time.

Slice some garlic, roughly chop a tin of anchovies (i use two tins per pound of macaroni), chop fresh parsley.

Sauté garlic, anchovies, crushed red pepper in olive oil and the oil from the anchovy tins. Cook until anchovies have pretty much melted into the oil. Toss in cooked pasta and parsley. Kill the heat and mix well. Top with a little pecorino romano and crushed pepper.

Real easy to add some different spins on this one. Sometimes I’ll add in a nice squeeze of lemon and some capers or something. This time I had a bunch of leftover black olives in the fridge and decided to throw them right in the pan.

bartlebee
Nov 5, 2008
I will post pictures tomorrow but we made fresh pasta cacio e pepe and oh my God this is incredible.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Boring and simple but it was delicious. Lamb chops in herbs with asparagus cooked in the lamb fat and garlic butter.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Soup came out good! At least in my expert opinion. Obviously what is here doesnt quite look like what Bloodfart McCoy made and I'd expand on that but I'm phone posting right now.

For my first ever attempt at soup of any kind liked it a lot better than I would.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Quiet Feet posted:

Soup came out good! At least in my expert opinion. Obviously what is here doesnt quite look like what Bloodfart McCoy made and I'd expand on that but I'm phone posting right now.

For my first ever attempt at soup of any kind liked it a lot better than I would.

Nice looks good :hfive:

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Aglio e Olio for me is pretty much the easiest pasta dish in the world. I cook it on weeknights all the time. I usually make it with spaghetti but forgot I only had penne this time.

Slice some garlic, roughly chop a tin of anchovies (i use two tins per pound of macaroni), chop fresh parsley.

Sauté garlic, anchovies, crushed red pepper in olive oil and the oil from the anchovy tins. Cook until anchovies have pretty much melted into the oil. Toss in cooked pasta and parsley. Kill the heat and mix well. Top with a little pecorino romano and crushed pepper.

Real easy to add some different spins on this one. Sometimes I’ll add in a nice squeeze of lemon and some capers or something. This time I had a bunch of leftover black olives in the fridge and decided to throw them right in the pan.

This and cacio e pepe are two of my weeknight staples where I use them as the starting point and then look in the fridge and see if there's leftover meat/veggies from other dishes to throw in.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Made harissa yesterday morning and then last night made shakshuka for the first time

Where has shakshuka been all my life holy gently caress was that good

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.

Happy meal prep day. Teriyaki tofu and Moroccan chicken

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Made some tasty death sauce for watching the Superbowl this morning

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

horchata posted:

need to do it longer for next time.
I think that I do mine for like 12-16 hours SV that will provide a better texture.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

iajanus posted:

Made some tasty death sauce for watching the Superbowl this morning

This made my mouth water.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Country style ribs, broccoli, cheesy rice noods

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Egg Foo Young!

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

So sometimes my Awful app doesn't allow me to attach images, so I get behind on posting. Catch-up time!

Chicken empanadas:

Broiler quesadillas:

Sausage egg english muffin

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

kumba posted:

Made harissa yesterday morning and then last night made shakshuka for the first time

Where has shakshuka been all my life holy gently caress was that good

I made it a few weeks back, it was great. Definitely something I would make again.

Also just got back from Hungary where I tried paprika goulash, which I will definitely be making.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

Chickpeas and eggplant stewed with tomatoes

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Salmon, mash, salsa.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Looks amazing, did you bake the salmon skin up? How did you keep the flesh from drying out if so?

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008

VelociBacon posted:

Looks amazing, did you bake the salmon skin up? How did you keep the flesh from drying out if so?

Not sure about slothrop but I usually pan sear for a few minutes, then in the oven for 4-5 mins then finish with a little butter and lemon.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Thanks, that makes sense.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

VelociBacon posted:

As above, just a pan sear, get my cast iron nice and hot.

I give the fish a good pat down with a paper towel first, so it's not wet and crisps up better.

I'm probably a bit of heathen and my salmon is not rare in the middle, but it works for us.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

I made some Double Pork Carnitas on Wednesday night. I hosed up and bought a pork loin instead of a pork shoulder, but I had extra pork belly and about 6oz of smoked pork jowl that I tossed in for extra fatty goodness. I also hosed up by grabbing a stainless skillet instead of nonstick so I didn't get as many nice crispy bits (leftovers have been crisped in bacon fat in a nonstick).

First we had a tostada bar. The pretty ones were my girlfriend's.

Later for a midnight snack I threw some mozzarella (only cheese I had) on one and put it under the broiler for a minute, then topped with an egg fried in duck fat

Then after work last night I skipped the tostada and just made myself a bowl of delicious

I still have about 1.5lbs left. Was thinking about freezing it because I've got other things to cook and I'm kinda porked-out for a couple days.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Salade Niçoise with fresh seared tuna steak and pickled red onions

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Shakshuka again

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I was unsure if this was the dinner thread or the cook or die thread! Those are some great looking egg dishes

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.
Weather's pretty gnarly outside thanks to Storm Ciara, but I'm safe with a big bowl of baked pasta styled on Ba's Best though mine doesn't look as pretty.

Raikiri
Nov 3, 2008
Grilled lamb chops, pea and mint giant couscous and tenderstem broccoli.

The fat cap on the lamb chops was a bit excessive, tasted great though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
blackened chicken alfredo