Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Seems especially cruel to show this screen when this content is locked behind DLC

Also I'm in the last month I can recruit people? So RIP these guys I guess

jeez dude is this your first time playing? you aren't intended to recruit everyone, you aren't going to have nearly enough deployment slots to use half your guys

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

If he sells Takoyaki does that make him a cannibal?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
no that's just an opportunist until he eats it himself

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Sakurazuka posted:

I started playing AssCreed Origins, Egypt is very pretty

pro tip #1: you can pet cats

pro tip #1b: you can not pet hippos

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
In FFT, the Squire class gets two very important abilities (imo): JP Up and Throw Stone. JP Up is a multiplier to the JP earned by any action, and Throw Stone is a weak ranged attack with no cost. In the beginning of the game I usually spend several battles killing all the monsters except one, then throwing stones at my party members to gain a bunch of JP. You’ll wind up gaining abilities and classes a lot faster than if you were just focusing on finishing maps as quickly or efficiently as possible.

I’m a little bummed about this Warcraft 3 news because I never had a copy myself and only played bits at friends houses. It interested me but I’ve never been a major PC gamer. Now it looks like I’ll never be able to get the unadulterated version

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

LawfulWaffle posted:

In FFT, the Squire class gets two very important abilities (imo): JP Up and Throw Stone. JP Up is a multiplier to the JP earned by any action, and Throw Stone is a weak ranged attack with no cost. In the beginning of the game I usually spend several battles killing all the monsters except one, then throwing stones at my party members to gain a bunch of JP. You’ll wind up gaining abilities and classes a lot faster than if you were just focusing on finishing maps as quickly or efficiently as possible.

I’m a little bummed about this Warcraft 3 news because I never had a copy myself and only played bits at friends houses. It interested me but I’ve never been a major PC gamer. Now it looks like I’ll never be able to get the unadulterated version

>grinds with throw stone but not accumulate

even ignoring the obvious resource cost, accumulate also activates in fewer frames. also the correct way to do it is with a mediator/orator, or possibly an oracle with move-mp up, so you can Chicken the last man standing instead. but both options are honestly kind of poo poo because the accuracy sucks on the former and the latter has slightly better accuracy but without a ton of MP to spam their skills (which you won't have properly until you get advanced mage armor in ch3) oracles are basically dead weight options-wise

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Yeah I guess accumulate would be better, Throw Stone is cheaper I think then JP Up then I usually move on. I got the iOS version a year ago and I think I’m still in Ch 1 just throwing rocks. Obvs I haven’t played it in months.

gently caress Algus

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Today I was reading a chapter from Global Crisis: Climate Change and Catastrophe in the 17th Century

I got inspired to start an op-ed:

o 1600s: Health Crisis from a LACK of long-term caloric intake; Example: loss of 30% body weight causes low blood pressure and less nutrients to be absorbed. Factors include LACK of Food from Droughts and Famine, reduced physical activity from chronic malnutrition, vitamin deficiency from scarce diet and poverty. These complications can make diseases fatal (dysentery, pneumonia).

o 2000s: Health Crisis from a SURPLUS of long-term caloric intake; Example: rise of 30% body weight causes high blood pressure and less nutrients to be absorbed. Factors include SURPLUS of Food from Dietary and Fiscal abundance, reduced physical activity from more sedentary lifestyle, vitamin deficiency from fast food diet. These complications can make diseases fatal (diabetes, heart disease).

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

JP up should not have been a skill and you should just earn that amount of JP at base imo

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

LawfulWaffle posted:

Just pirate it imo

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm disappointed that in the list of 250 animal crossing villager entities that they didn't include my gay best friend Zell or my chill best mate Bob.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
good morning. i am turning 30 in a week. this is bad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Feels Villeneuve posted:

:rip:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Congrats on finally being in the same general age group as the rest of the forums. Or is that the 40s?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Good morning! What's for breakfast?

Pinky, (lion)Nessa, momma and Rufus starting the day right

Weedle
May 31, 2006

LawfulWaffle posted:

The White Dragon posted:

>grinds with throw stone but not accumulate

even ignoring the obvious resource cost, accumulate also activates in fewer frames. also the correct way to do it is with a mediator/orator, or possibly an oracle with move-mp up, so you can Chicken the last man standing instead. but both options are honestly kind of poo poo because the accuracy sucks on the former and the latter has slightly better accuracy but without a ton of MP to spam their skills (which you won't have properly until you get advanced mage armor in ch3) oracles are basically dead weight options-wise

Is this going to be one of those games where I constantly have to be minmaxing or I’ll be obliterated

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weedle posted:

Is this going to be one of those games where I constantly have to be minmaxing or I’ll be obliterated

absolutely not

(and I can't think of many other games that require that either)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Happy birthday-in-a-week regardless.

And speaking of, happy birthday ONE YEAR LATER :)

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

happy birthday ONE YEAR OLDER

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Andrast posted:

absolutely not

(and I can't think of many other games that require that either)

Ok cool. I’m just going to use all my save slots and see what works. I’m probably going to have to abandon the guy beset by highwayman outside Gariland because if I pick the rescue option he immediately runs into the middle of the Corpse Brigade and gets destroyed before I can even hit him with a potion. Sorry pal

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Early happy birthday. You're still in the 18-35 demo, you're good for another 5 years!

FirstAidKite posted:

And speaking of, happy birthday ONE YEAR LATER :)

Thanks again FAK :)

e: how the gently caress have i been posting here since I was 20 and I've never made a good post?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I am still in my 20s hahahaha

*29*

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The January thread was our most replied to thread for General Chat Games threads. Granted it went a day over, but it's still had the most responses by a large margin.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

This whole Warcraft kerfuffle makes me want to replay Diablo 2. I’ve never checked out its mod scene but I’ve heard that it’s quite juicy!

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

The January thread was our most replied to thread for General Chat Games threads. Granted it went a day over, but it's still had the most responses by a large margin.

Let’s rank Zelda games again

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Does that account for people doing multiple posts in a row some of the posters do? That's not a slam against those that do that, I mean I've done that too, just wondering if the numbers wouldn't be a bit bloated that way.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Jay Rust posted:

Let’s rank Zelda games again

Ok.

CD-I zeldas > BotW.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Does that account for people doing multiple posts in a row some of the posters do? That's not a slam against those that do that, I mean I've done that too, just wondering if the numbers wouldn't be a bit bloated that way.

I did notice that January was a big month for that, so that would account for a lot of it I think.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’ll rank the Zeldas by which has the best Zelda

Breath of the Wild
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess
A Link Between Worlds
A Link to the Past

I don’t think she talked in the others?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

FirstAidKite posted:

Awkward...

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Let's rank 80s-90s Maxis games instead.

vvv This is unfortunately a bad opinion!

mutata fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Feb 2, 2020

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

hatty posted:

I’ll rank the Zeldas by which has the best Zelda

Breath of the Wild
Spirit Tracks
Skyward Sword
Wind Waker
Ocarina of Time
Minish Cap
Twilight Princess
A Link Between Worlds
A Link to the Past

I don’t think she talked in the others?

This is wrong. She was bad and annoying in BotW. But at least you got it right after that. So just move BotW to the end and you are good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mutata posted:

SimCity 2000
3D Pinball: Space Cadet
SimTower
SimCity SNES
SimGolf
SimTown
SimAnt
SimEarth
SimFarm
A-Train

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Haven’t played too many, and of those only a couple in the past decade, but sure:

SimCity 2000 (SNES)
SimTower
SimFarm
SimAnt

e: removed non-80s-90s games

Jay Rust fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Feb 2, 2020

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Weedle posted:

Ok cool. I’m just going to use all my save slots and see what works. I’m probably going to have to abandon the guy beset by highwayman outside Gariland because if I pick the rescue option he immediately runs into the middle of the Corpse Brigade and gets destroyed before I can even hit him with a potion. Sorry pal

Yeah, you don’t have do anything extreme. It just has the potential to be gamed since there are a lot of systems. Not to continue the FFT chat forever but with that guy you’re talking about, you actually get a (minor) better reward for saying your duty is to kill the bandits instead of save the dude.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Why'd they stop making non-Sims sims

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
EA I’d assume

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That relatively recent SimCity from like five years probably flopped because of EA reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

mutata posted:

simgolf and then everything else