Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tei posted:

Childrens of Morta is susprising fun for what it is. This one and the goose game paid for the game pass this month :D

Children of Morta has the really really smart idea of having tons and tons of cutscenes and slice of life snippets to pad out how many flipping times you're going to be running dungeons and every game of its ilk that wants to have a narrative thrust should be stealing that.

Indivisible is an extremely flawed Valkryie Profile + Thai culture game that I just crushed through if that sounds fun to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

univbee posted:

This could be a beta update thing, but there's a UI change in "My Games & Apps"

There's no longer a "ready to install" link at the top of the Games and Apps pages.

Where they used to separately list subscriptions (above where it would have the storage meter in the bottom left) there is now instead a "Full Library" link which has up to 5 subsections: one for "All owned games", one for "All owned apps", and then one for each subscription plan you're part of.

I think there are some changes to the front page, too.

This rolled out to all Insiders yesterday, I think.

I have been using it for a while. I don't dislike the change to Games and Apps, and the idea of having different silos for each way to acquire playable games is a good one. I have a lot of digital games so any extra filters they provide are useful. They can do more here and I hope they do.

It's a bummer that the random game button they were testing in the Alpha ring isn't a part of this release. I would also like it if there was an easy way to uninstall games that have been removed from GamePass.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Woke up to a different, much faster, dash on my One X.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Probably realized that if they want a unified system they can't roll out the Series X with a menu experience like this

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
I'm in the mood for an action rpg. Fable 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur?

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

A Plague Tale is so profoundly loving good. I heard a lot of good things about it but was worried I wouldn’t enjoy the characters and thought it was going to be a big QTE telltale adventure. So never put down the money on its price tag. It came to gamepass last week, and poo poo I haven’t been able to stop playing it. The relationship between Amicia and Hugo is amazingly deep and the voice acting is so good. The kids who did the VA deserve major awards for what they accomplished. The settings and music and atmosphere are just constantly incredible at every turn.

They don’t give much of the story too you though. I guess Hugo is a carrier? But if he is why is he getting sicker.. why isn’t he giving it to you? It’s unclear unless I totally missed something at the beginning.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
My Xbone has developed a habit of replacing all of its OneGuide data with "Information not available." Feels like the thing that's going to cost it its only reason for being hooked up to the main TV.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
maybe try deleting / downloading the app again? I miss having cable and that oneguide integration :(

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
I am trying to find a boosting partner for the online win achievement for the 2018 release of Age of Empires: Definitive Edition (not the GamePass version, this one). I realize it's a long shot, but I've put out feelers on TrueAchievements and haven't had any success finding anyone there yet.

PM me or add me as an Xbox Live friend. My GamerTag is Zerot.

EDIT: I was able to get it, but I'll leave the game installed for a bit in case anyone else wants it.

Zerot fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 2, 2020

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Let me preface this by saying my xbone has been collecting dust, subscription expired, life in general, yada yada but decided with the $1 deal to maximize on gold cards and the thought of fiddling around in a bunch of different stuff made me dust it off. I just have a basic PC rig. So did that.

Man, you guys weren't kidding. That store is the biggest piece of poo poo (doing this managing via PC) I've seen in a while. Then to top it off, had to contact support because it thought I still needed to pay a $1 for game pass even though it clearly shows on my subscription.

But I'll give em props, I was 0 in line for chat support and somehow everything started to magically work. But good god I think I'm doing something wrong unless the chat guy did something that he didn't mention.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

BisterdDave posted:

I'm in the mood for an action rpg. Fable 2 or Kingdoms of Amalur?

Koa has much better combat

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/bdsams/status/1224735253270540288

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The next rare game will require you to put a RAM pak in the slot to play it with bots

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

What we know is that the “icon” next to it is not trademarkedable (is just a line) so is not a standard port. The size and the shape is flat and wide so maybe a custom bus for disc expansione of some type.

Or just a debut thing for no-final versions of the console like people throught at first

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's debug

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Does the Xbox hide update files? I ran into a problem when trying to save myself some download time.
I copied the install for a fully up to date Sea of Thieves on one Xbox to an external HDD. Using that HDD I copied the files to another Xbox.
When I load up the game on the 2nd box it needs a 25gb update. The original console doesn't need the update though.

The game file on the original xbox, hdd and 2nd xbox all shows at 14.9gb. If I go to the store and download the entire game it shows at roughly 40gb.

I have transferred other games without this problem. Anyone know what could be causing my file transfer to only be the base game without updates?

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Is one of them an X? There are some games that will only download higher res textures on Xs.

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Finally the xbox gets SD card support.

Blankspot
Aug 23, 2007
Would you kindly...

Red Warrior posted:

Is one of them an X? There are some games that will only download higher res textures on Xs.

That would do it. The 2nd one is an X. Thanks!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah i doubt its on retail models

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Each bone will come with pegs of different shapes, and you'll need to the stick one that fits into that slot to be able to chat online.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Is there any solid information on it being a debug port, like from developers who have the thing and have used it or is just more guesses? The console is going to need some kind of expandable storage and USB won't cut it, that hole is the only thing that one could fit some kind of high speed solid state storage device into.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They'll likely let you store games in a usb drive and force you to swap it to the console to play if it needs the ssd but get this...no games will need a ssd on xbox because of old skus and pc support

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

SCheeseman posted:

Is there any solid information on it being a debug port, like from developers who have the thing and have used it or is just more guesses? The console is going to need some kind of expandable storage and USB won't cut it, that hole is the only thing that one could fit some kind of high speed solid state storage device into.

The Thurott article linked from Twitter above says their sources say it's for expandable storage. That guy has been covering Microsoft for over 20 years, solid as it gets.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

They'll likely let you store games in a usb drive and force you to swap it to the console to play if it needs the ssd but get this...no games will need a ssd on xbox because of old skus and pc support

There's a good chance game assets will be larger when running on the newer consoles, the extra bandwidth and the use of the SSD as cache would be useful streaming those in. They won't be able to take full advantage of it without dropping support for the older models, but they'll be doing that eventually.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Pretty clear that port is made to plug this peripheral in:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Blind Rasputin posted:

Pretty clear that port is made to plug this peripheral in:

Oh wow the new Kinect looks great!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Change SA logo to grenade in a fleshlight covered in trash

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Sir that is a Wii sensor bar, trash it is not. Wait that's not the battery operated wide angle one, yeah that's trash

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
finished Gears 4 via Game Pass last night. Fun game (first I've played in the series), but the final boss kinda sucks and the ending is horribly abrupt. really feels like there should be one or two more chapters

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Barry Convex posted:

finished Gears 4 via Game Pass last night. Fun game (first I've played in the series), but the final boss kinda sucks and the ending is horribly abrupt. really feels like there should be one or two more chapters

I can't be bothered to finish Gears 5

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Barry Convex posted:

The game is pretty drat good, but that ending was seriously bad. It was like playing a 10-hour episode of a tv show, "stay tuned for the next installment". I'm honestly drawing a blank on how Gears 5 ended, if it was the same way, and I just played that not too long ago.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

BisterdDave posted:

The game is pretty drat good, but that ending was seriously bad. It was like playing a 10-hour episode of a tv show, "stay tuned for the next installment". I'm honestly drawing a blank on how Gears 5 ended, if it was the same way, and I just played that not too long ago.

It ends with a shock! It's a shocking ending! I can't say more without being a spoiler but it's also completely out of left field and kinda sucks.

Looks like FF15 and Wolfensteing Youngblood are up on PC Gamepass.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
Do we know when the Yakuza games are coming to GP, other than "2020"?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
Is the Youngblood on game pass actually the full game? It mentioned something on the splash page about "trying for free" and needing a code from someone with the game to unlock all the features or something.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

DrNutt posted:

Is the Youngblood on game pass actually the full game? It mentioned something on the splash page about "trying for free" and needing a code from someone with the game to unlock all the features or something.

The Game Pass version should be the full game.

The game is designed to play with two human players (although one can be AI-controlled if you're alone), and owners of the Deluxe Edition had the ability to invite anyone to play, including people who didn't own the game, they'd just have to download a client that contained the full game but could only be played if you were specifically invited to play by a Deluxe Edition owner. It's likely the splash page text is a holdover from that.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gears 4 was a slog for me and i quit 5 after the intro chapter.

Much rather replay binary domain if i want to play a cover shooter

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

A Plagues Tale has been one of the most phenomenal games on gamepass. I’m on the final chapter and have loved everything about it. Maybe the inventory/ammo type switching could’ve been better implemented as it gets a bit sloppy near the end with so many options. It’s rad as hell and I am so glad I played it.

Kentucky Route Zero is next. It looks so spooky and weird. It’s my fodder until Disco Elysium comes out on console, which all I know about is it should happen in 2020. It better happen soon!

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Blind Rasputin posted:

A Plagues Tale has been one of the most phenomenal games on gamepass. I’m on the final chapter and have loved everything about it. Maybe the inventory/ammo type switching could’ve been better implemented as it gets a bit sloppy near the end with so many options. It’s rad as hell and I am so glad I played it.

Kentucky Route Zero is next. It looks so spooky and weird. It’s my fodder until Disco Elysium comes out on console, which all I know about is it should happen in 2020. It better happen soon!

A Plague Tale was amazing and I'm so happy it came to Game Pass. Is KRZ on there as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!
How's Black Desert? I'm itching for a decent fantasy MMO.