Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

everything was going so well this weekend that I had to get a migraine with an ocular aura and now it's tough to see and I HATE THIS SO MUCH

body WHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

guys my Best Buy GCU membership runs out for good on February 18, what games and accessories should I buy for my friends and loved ones

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played more Disco Elysium and managed to actually get lucky with the rolls that were blocking me and I made a bunch of progress

game is fine. I'll probably finish it but unless there's a big improvement in the remainder I don't get why people were losing their minds about it. I'm 7ish hours in and I haven't seen any of the famed reactivity to my decisions. You seem to get the communist/monarchist/libertarian/centrist options on every political prompt. Hell, I snuck out at night when Kim was asleep to steal the shoes off the dead man, then wore them while I helped Kim bag up the corpse, and he didn't comment at all

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

did you talk to him about the boots

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I don't think reactivity was really the big selling point of DE, at least for me.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Unironically the best part of Disco Elysium is the friendship you make along the way.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Pwnstar posted:

Unironically the best part of Disco Elysium is the friendship you make along the way.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I played more Disco Elysium and managed to actually get lucky with the rolls that were blocking me and I made a bunch of progress

game is fine. I'll probably finish it but unless there's a big improvement in the remainder I don't get why people were losing their minds about it. I'm 7ish hours in and I haven't seen any of the famed reactivity to my decisions. You seem to get the communist/monarchist/libertarian/centrist options on every political prompt. Hell, I snuck out at night when Kim was asleep to steal the shoes off the dead man, then wore them while I helped Kim bag up the corpse, and he didn't comment at all

talk to him while you're wearing the shoes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I don't think reactivity was really the big selling point of DE, at least for me.

I saw a bunch of people hyping it up. Like "if you pick the communist options, more communist options show up!" Maybe that's true but some amount of communist options are also still there even if you don't pick them

Hwurmp posted:

did you talk to him about the boots

Oxxidation posted:

talk to him while you're wearing the shoes

I legitimately remember doing that but maybe I put the shoes on just after talking to him for the morning or something

Then I immediately made the mistake of bagging the corpse first thing in the morning and had to spend the entire day without him

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Baller Time posted:

I heard if you have a certain "life-style" you get wizard powers at 30

as someone so abhorrent in form and nature that the idea of knowing me carnally drives the better molded to claw out their eyes, I can confirm that this is not true

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

as someone so abhorrent in form and nature that the idea of knowing me carnally drives the better molded to claw out their eyes, I can confirm that this is not true

that's exactly what a wizard who doesn't want competition would say

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I cast color spray on cheetah

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I saw a bunch of people hyping it up. Like "if you pick the communist options, more communist options show up!" Maybe that's true but some amount of communist options are also still there even if you don't pick them

I'm not sure that even happens aside from unlocking thought cabinet stuff and game remembering some specific decisions that came up.

I think it's more that increasing a stat will make the associated personality trait pipe up way more.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Oh no that was Horney Spray and everyone itt missed their reflex save

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I'm not sure that even happens aside from unlocking thought cabinet stuff and game remembering some specific decisions that came up.

I think it's more that increasing a stat will make the associated personality trait pipe up way more.

Yeah I think this was probably reviews from people who played once, went heavy in on one of the supported character archetypes, thought the game was responding to their choices much more than it actually was, and then raving about it because that would legitimately be incredible if it was what was really happening

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Disco Elysium is plenty incredible as is imo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

welcome to the team

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
stux did you play krz

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Songbearer posted:

it's probably fi...oh no...these readings...i've never seen anything like it!!

May 8, 2006

Songbearer posted:

it's called a dex save now grandpa

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I picked up Coffee Talk last night. I only played through the first couple days but it's a pretty interesting concept. You make people coffee and they talk about their problems except its set in a 100% accurate Seattle so characters I've met so far include an Elf whos family won't let him date a succubus and vampire who is a model for anti aging cosmetics.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

stux did you play krz

is krz like orz but its an alien from "alien" bowing instead

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

pathfinder still exists, for some reason

though I could say the same about 5e

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Stux posted:

is krz like orz but its an alien from "alien" bowing instead

kentucky route zero sorry no alien though maybe alien? probably not an alien.

May 8, 2006

5e is so uninspired but it's what we play. I was going to introduce my group to the best edition, 4th, but I don't feel like getting all the materials together to do so so I'm just gonna run blades in the dark

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Blades in the Dark is much better than any D&D-like so good choice

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

5e is so uninspired but it's what we play. I was going to introduce my group to the best edition, 4th, but I don't feel like getting all the materials together to do so so I'm just gonna run blades in the dark

cheetah7071 posted:

Blades in the Dark is much better than any D&D-like so good choice

:hmmyes:

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

StrixNebulosa posted:

everything was going so well this weekend that I had to get a migraine with an ocular aura and now it's tough to see and I HATE THIS SO MUCH

body WHY

i'm guessing you already have your own way of dealing with it, but lying down, relaxing and making sure to be well fed helps when i have those. i only started getting them recently (thought i was spontaneously going blind at first).

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Songbearer posted:

I already cast Protection from Horny

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Relax Or DIE posted:

You whippersnappers with your Advantages and Dragonborn and and and sexy kobolds get off my loving lawn, GET OFF

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

kentucky route zero sorry no alien though maybe alien? probably not an alien.

ahh then no i havnt... maybe some day. its on "the radar"

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

raditts posted:

guys my Best Buy GCU membership runs out for good on February 18, what games and accessories should I buy for my friends and loved ones

Pre-order every single game you are interested in that is available. You can always cancel later. But if you do choose to get them you still get the 20%.

You're welcome.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

homeless snail posted:

no one living today has till 100, sorry
If I can somehow become well-off and/or a highly valuable advisor/lobbyist in the next few decades, and get anti-aging/a synthetic body...
I will contest that claim.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I often wonder if I will make to next week let alone 100.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Grouchio posted:

If I can somehow become well-off and/or a highly valuable advisor/lobbyist in the next few decades, and get anti-aging/a synthetic body...
I will contest that claim.
not even billionaires have synthetic bodies, they just have enough money to pay young people for their blood + will be able to afford air conditioning in the post apocalypse

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Anyone who's 99 and has a birthday in February is probably making it to 100

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A few days ago I was reading about how the last World War I vet died back in 2012, at 110 years old. That is pretty wild to think about.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

How the gently caress is there not a chao garden gacha game?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Kerrzhe posted:

never gonna stop thinking about a Bird who is also a Knight

Good news then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.