Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

TwoPair posted:

Hulk #13: Hulk is smart in this series and has made it his mission to depower every other gamma-powered character in the Marvel universe.

Bagley is usually such a crisp storyteller, I was kind of taken aback by how goofy paneling on the second image made me think Steve Rogers was just being fussy about his nap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
"I'm an old man...on a fixed income."

I don't understand the one liner, but I want this line to be randomly added to conversations from now on.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Gologle posted:

"I'm an old man...on a fixed income."

I don't understand the one liner, but I want this line to be randomly added to conversations from now on.
hulk is mainly known for one thing: being super rich. here steve america taunts green hulk by telling him that even though hulk has all that money he can still be taken down. like the time he knocked down iron man and iron man was all "but I'm the strongest one there is!"

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Maybe the Avengers need to sit down and have a discussion about pension plans if Captain America is on a fixed income that makes it hard to afford a beer.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Workers rights!? In 21st Century America!? It's less likely than you think.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Correction: They need to have a talk with Tony for being a cheap-rear end.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
just lol if you think tony set up pension plans for the avengers. that fixed income is from his military service

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

site posted:

just lol if you think tony set up pension plans for the avengers. that fixed income is from his military service

Exactly! US vets get poo poo from the government, so why isn't Tony stepping up?

He prob doesn't want to see Steve go down the same dark alcoholic road he himself did!

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Exactly! US vets get poo poo from the government, so why isn't Tony stepping up?

He prob doesn't want to see Steve go down the same dark alcoholic road he himself did!

Pretty sure Gruenwald established in the 80s that Steve doesn't drink, because his dad was an alcoholic.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Parahexavoctal posted:

Pretty sure Gruenwald established in the 80s that Steve doesn't drink, because his dad was an alcoholic.

Yep. He also mentions it to Diamondback on their date.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Parahexavoctal posted:

Oh thank heavens. For a second there I thought Steve might be in real trouble.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Parahexavoctal posted:

He's drinking Clausthaler.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Isn’t he a cartoonist? That seems incompatible with a sober lifestyle.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
imagining steve being a teetotaler pre serum because of his dad, being unable to get drunk because of super metabolism post serum, and then getting absolutely plastered off of one shot when hes old man steve

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Jordan7hm posted:

Isn’t he a cartoonist? That seems incompatible with a sober lifestyle.

he's basically become Jack Kirby as I understand it.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Jack Kirby is God and also Captain America.

Which means Captain America is Marvel Jesus and also actually everyone's dad.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Jack Kirby is God and also Captain America.

Which means Captain America is Marvel Jesus and also actually everyone's dad.

All of this tracks.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I can't say I like every future version of Hulk being an rear end in a top hat.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I can't say I like every future version of Hulk being an rear end in a top hat.

He's literally a rage monster who can't control his temper and lashes out at everyone. He's always an rear end in a top hat.

Here's the very first thing the Hulk ever does:

Seriously, the Hulk has always been an rear end in a top hat.

Random Stranger fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Feb 2, 2020

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Yeah, I just prefer the futures where he gets over it or uses it for productive purposes, not where he turns into what looks to be a biker dude going "Hur hur I'mma gently caress your daughter" or whoever the woman Steve is talking about is.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yeah, I just prefer the futures where he gets over it or uses it for productive purposes, not where he turns into what looks to be a biker dude going "Hur hur I'mma gently caress your daughter" or whoever the woman Steve is talking about is.

Jennifer Walters is She-Hulk and the post included context that he was going after around trying to depower other gamma-based characters. She-Hulk is also his cousin although that never stopped Mark Millar.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Also, that wasn't the future, Steve had been depowered

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

When I was younger I had a very, very random collection of superhero comics that came from...somewhere. I didn't collect them, but I would read them if you put them in my hands so I had this completely out of synch bunch of comics which included things like Maximum Carnage and a single issue of Darkhawk.

One of them was a random Thor comic which was basically nothing but him and the hulk having a pointless fistfight. But it did have one very memorable panel:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

How Wonderful! posted:

Jennifer Walters is She-Hulk and the post included context that he was going after around trying to depower other gamma-based characters. She-Hulk is also his cousin although that never stopped Mark Millar.

I mean, theres alot of villains could go after long before you start hitting up well known heros.

But again, the Hulk is always an rear end in a top hat.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

How Wonderful! posted:

I'll be honest and admit I never knew what her name was, and apologize for not reading it more carefully. I was getting my stuff together for work and wasn't paying close attention

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
some people aren't reading immortal hulk itt

hulk smash disaster capitalism

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Think about how much power it would take to send that entire train flying up into the air like that.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Annihilation Scourge: Beta Ray Bill

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Johnny Aztec posted:

I mean, theres alot of villains could go after long before you start hitting up well known heros.

Pretty sure this was close to the end of that story where he had already taken out most of the gamma villains.

But yeah it turns out it was a new Hulk personality and it was rear end in a top hat Hulk.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Johnny Aztec posted:

You want to see how much of an rear end in a top hat Hulk can be, read the Old Man Logan mini. And then the monthly they did after.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Nah, I'm good. I loathe "superhero" comics for the most part as it is.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Proteus Jones posted:

You want to see how much of an rear end in a top hat Hulk can be, read the Old Man Logan mini. And then the monthly they did after.

lmao why the gently caress would you tell someone to do that you monster

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Really not a fan of the Millar versions of Hulk e.g. pop culture name dropping cannibal rape monster.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

oriongates posted:

When I was younger I had a very, very random collection of superhero comics that came from...somewhere. I didn't collect them, but I would read them if you put them in my hands so I had this completely out of synch bunch of comics which included things like Maximum Carnage and a single issue of Darkhawk.

One of them was a random Thor comic which was basically nothing but him and the hulk having a pointless fistfight. But it did have one very memorable panel:

Pretty sure that was Mighty Thor #385, drawn by Erik Larsen. He reused that page layout in Savage Dragon #34, when Dragon teamed up with Hellboy to fight a big mummy and Hitler’s brain.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Even if those are both by Larsen, the first one still has more "oomph", if you ask me. All that crumpled metal and parts flying everywhere. There's just so much going on.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

That's another case of the old school stark coloring owning the gradients
e: totally unnecessary SFX anyway as the original blurb noted

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

I picked up Concrete because of this, it's stellar. Thanks.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Gologle posted:

Think about how much power it would take to send that entire train flying up into the air like that.

Why, one would have to be more powerful than a locomotive!

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Somberbrero posted:

some people aren't reading immortal hulk itt

hulk smash disaster capitalism

My problem with Immortal Hulk is Ewing is doing that thing he did with The Ultimates where he's seeding certain ideas and beats that are so incomprehensibly broad in scale and long-term that any possible exploration and resolution that doesn't follow years and years of storytelling would feel like a compromise.

But, I mean, he's peppering these in-between really compelling short-and-mid-length stuff so well that I've literally never felt like I wasted time reading a Ewing comic so as long as he keeps somehow managing to do this I guess it's all gravy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
hes said hes already writing towards an ending, and unlike ultimates it looks like theyre not gonna cancel it, so im assuming hes gonna tie it all together (or at least what he wants to anyways)