Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
the soviet rental medium doesnt seem to be as effective as the chinese heavy :(

maybe just different playstyle i guess

Slaapaav fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Feb 2, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i was one shot away from getting my first 5k damage game :(

my team got it when i was 1 sec left on reload :(

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Slaapaav posted:

i was one shot away from getting my first 5k damage game :(

my team got it when i was 1 sec left on reload :(

You will get it in time.

SpannerX posted:

Yeah, I went 15 losses and 5 wins today, with some of my losses with me at the top of my team. Yay? I just said screw it and bought the 300 coin pack for the LNY event just to finish it off. I'd spend more on a pack of smokes back when I did so worth it, sort of.

Going to do the last Lunar event tomorrow to get 300 then buy the $10 300 coins to get a special camo.

Edit: Or the Premium shop does not accept Amazon Pay anymore? The gently caress

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 2, 2020

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

it's there for me

kemikalkadet
Sep 16, 2012

:woof:

Mesadoram posted:

I am up to like 6 or 7 games in a row in my T30 where it was a blow out loss. I cannot win in this tank.

This is me in the M103. The kv-85 stats are from when I was new and bad and the Patriot only has a couple games in it but all my other heavies have a good winrate except the M103 which just loses all the time, I have 2nd gunmark on it too.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

saintonan posted:

it's there for me

My experience the other day was that the amazon pay was there, but it would just error out shortly after clicking it without ever handing off to amazon.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Getting 50,000 spot assist sure is hard when 90% of players are retarded and 90% of maps dont work

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

JuffoWup posted:

My experience the other day was that the amazon pay was there, but it would just error out shortly after clicking it without ever handing off to amazon.

That is what happened to me too.

kemikalkadet posted:

This is me in the M103. The kv-85 stats are from when I was new and bad and the Patriot only has a couple games in it but all my other heavies have a good winrate except the M103 which just loses all the time, I have 2nd gunmark on it too.

Some tanks are just cursed :smith:

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

BadLlama posted:

George_Erwin wants to be my friend, I feel like there a good chance thats the name of a nazi war criminal

I think it's just combining George Patton and Erwin Rommel. So, half of a Nazi.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Katamari Democracy posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the chinese BB isn't really all that chalked up to be? I kinda do not need to play it because I already have some fun TX tanks with better crew and equipment. I have found those tanks have really weird armored cheeks and are easily pennable. But its not to say the tank isn't scary at all. The chinese BB to me is a weirder IS-7. I

Mesadoram posted:

The teams are so bad today... like my mind cannot understand how these things are happening. M103 only shooting HE, 2 BB's rushing into their entire team and not stopping,

I thought this was a typo or something at first but since you are both doing it, what is a BB in tanks? I just think of battleship.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

These 5x XP tokens are awesome but I really wish there was a way to pause their use. I want to grind credits in my progetto but any ways eat up my tokens -_-

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 2, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

Darkrenown posted:

I thought this was a typo or something at first but since you are both doing it, what is a BB in tanks? I just think of battleship.

The Chinese Rental tank from the event: BB is short for WZ-111 model 5A BB.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Darkrenown posted:

It's the T10 free rental tanks. Shitlords of all skill level are ruining the top tiers.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mesadoram posted:

It's the T10 free rental tanks. Shitlords of all skill level are ruining the top tiers.

business as usual then

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

saintonan posted:

Speaking of Team Clash:

someone tell me this is real please

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

BadLlama posted:

These 5x XP tokens are awesome but I really wish there was a way to pause their use. I want to grind credits in my progetto but any ways eat up my tokens -_-

I wasted a few 5x's playing the wrong tank. I was pretty mad when I realized what was happening. Good idea to have a tier 10 event while giving out boosters that people want to use for grinding tanks. Luckily like mesadoram my teams were causing me a loosing streak at the same time.

Mesadoram posted:

The teams are so bad today... like my mind cannot understand how these things are happening. M103 only shooting HE, 2 BB's rushing into their entire team and not stopping, a flank where our team is being held up by one skoda despite the fact they are 5 and all have full hp and the list goes on. 10 losses in a row and there is nothing I can do about this.

I had the same teams. They just keep doing the worst thing they can do every chance they get. If your team doesn't take any part of the map and die too fast there's nothing anyone can do.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
There is nothing worse than a day where you feel like you don't deserve any of the wins you're getting. Can't even enjoy the fact that I'm way above par because I'm personally doing so little to contribute to them.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BitBasher posted:

I've been considering reinstalling on PC but I haven't played in a while. As in, last time i played the Batchat was just introduced a few months earlier. I just burned out on it playing with the goon clan defending Alsace and some other place daily and sometimes at odd hours. I had a good chunk of stuff unlocked at the time.

Can anyone give me a short lost of what has changed? I heard arty is limited per side now...

Uh, so if I remember correctly, the French tanks were introduced in 0.7.5, which was like 7 years ago...? :stare: You can't imagine how much the game has changed in that time....

BitBasher posted:

The tech tree has changed dramatically.

Yup!

Cannon_Fodder posted:

gently caress. I moved up the heavy line to try to get a tnak that could complete the HT-15 because that's been haunting me for a week.

4k bounce,cause,take dmg and the bst thing I have for it before the t-150 is the KV2

I'd guess that the lowest-tier HT that you could do that type of bounce mission in would be the KV220, if that's ever sold again. Otherwise the T150 isn't particularly tough, nor is the KV2. The KV1 in a 3-5 match might also manage to do it. Otherwise maybe one of the Japanese HTs could be an option?

Wargaming is starting to release badass 3D skins for premium tanks and you bet I got the one for the Progetto:

2500 gold

They also got one for the AMX 50 for 5000 gold

These own and more are on the way apparently. Armored patrol has a lot of leaks and details on what is coming. But also WG themselves announced stuff in their Feb sneak peek. Like a special style for the IS-3?

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/february-2020-sneak-preview/

I like that they're creating more of the 3D styles, and that they're available in-game for gold, but there doesn't appear to be a way to buy the styles for tanks you don't have yet (unlike with the gift box styles) and for some idiotic reason the new skins are all time-limited. :rolleyes:

McGavin posted:

Has anyone recruited any of the Chinese New Year crew yet?

If so, can you tell me if you can change their Major Qualification or if they're like Mr. Claws in the image below and unable to change:

Gracias.

I noticed that a lot of the "special" crew members appear to be limited to Commander only, and some of the Twitch rewards ones are nationality-specific.

Well yeah, that happens when you play like 100 battles a day, every day! :toot:

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
15v15 is dogshit unplayable i dont enjoy it at all. 7v7 is so much better

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
So you need to be level 10 to get the commander from this event? How long would that take if I started now?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
you can do it in less than 150 games

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Cannon_Fodder posted:

gently caress. I moved up the heavy line to try to get a tnak that could complete the HT-15 because that's been haunting me for a week.

4k bounce,cause,take dmg and the bst thing I have for it before the t-150 is the KV2

I wouldn't try to do it with a tier 6 tank. It could happen but it's not very likely. Some tier 7s can do it on a good game. It should be easy enough with any tier 8 or higher HT. Block a few shots take some damage and do a few shots of damage.

Don't buy the KV-220. It's an okay tank but it's a tier 5 and not going to be doing 4k combined very often. Tier 5s don't get to fight tier 3s anymore. That tanks armor isn't that much better than a KV-1 and it has a tier 3 gun.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Atomizer posted:

I noticed that a lot of the "special" crew members appear to be limited to Commander only, and some of the Twitch rewards ones are nationality-specific.

Yeah, I have roughly a billion good commanders that I can't change roles on, and no good crew to go with them.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone complete today's mission and not get the coins for it? This is kinda lovely.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

I never used a single blueprint ever, so it dawned on me that I could just try to use them to go through the KV-3, and make the unlocking of the IS-2-II a little less painful.
Turns out I had enough to fully unlock the IS-2-II, and bring the IS-3-II down to like 20k xp to unlock.

:stare:

Thought about just going straight for the IS-3-II, but realized I didn't have a fully trained extra crew and didn't want to move my Object 277 crew, so I grabbed the tier 8.

First game:

Alright, then.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Mesadoram posted:

Anyone complete today's mission and not get the coins for it? This is kinda lovely.

I did and saw them post in game, but it took several hours for the coins to show up on the web site.

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Cannon_Fodder posted:

I just did HT15 With the IS-3. I got it on the first try with out honors and with honors a few games later. Just work your way up to a higher tier tank.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Mesadoram posted:

:same:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

These tanks are broken as hell.

If a tier 8 heavy can "hold down" a tier 9 TD, because they might not want to take the chance of bouncing a 750 damage shell, and then eating a 600 damage return hit because of a new mechanic, that's...

Well, :lol:

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Duzzy Funlop posted:

These tanks are broken as hell.

If a tier 8 heavy can "hold down" a tier 9 TD, because they might not want to take the chance of bouncing a 750 damage shell, and then eating a 600 damage return hit because of a new mechanic, that's...

Well, :lol:

Yes its dumb. I haven't had any issues fighting against DPers, but looking at the numbers I don't understand what the balancing factor is on them. It looks like its just a HT with the choice of TD alpha or HT dpm. They should dominate.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Mesadoram posted:

I purchased the 10 dollar pack yesterday and not gotten them yet.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

besides standard lol wging stuff, this patch seems buggy as gently caress. been getting lots of sound problems, when I have packet loss my tank doesn't just lose control now but my camera falls through the world as well, apparently people aren't getting coins... nice work wging

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
This is probably most unsurprising thing I've read today.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
My issue got resolved. Now I have all of the elements and I can say gently caress off to the lunar new year event. :)

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

My issue got resolved. Now I have all of the elements and I can say gently caress off to the lunar new year event. :)

Same, but I think there is an additional pack that has more camo's right?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

Same, but I think there is an additional pack that has more camo's right?

I got all five elements so I do not see any more. There are other things I could purchase but its gambling. And I can forget about getting those tanks. So it really does not matter much to me.

E- Also spent my crewbooks on my Caerneveron AX as it was the least skilled crew in my garage (Next to the 50TP but at least it has its first crews)

I love this tank and I hope its first crew skills can help increase my chances of survival in battle.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 4, 2020

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost
My desire to complete the Dynasty missions on NA server can only be expressed in negative numbers now. I decided to give it a try, loaded into mines, there were 16 WZ111R5ABB tanks, I dinked about 8 shots and finished with 0 damage, then closed the game. I don't need a dragon faced commander or the camos... thanks anyways wargaming.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

TracerM17 posted:

My desire to complete the Dynasty missions on NA server can only be expressed in negative numbers now. I decided to give it a try, loaded into mines, there were 16 WZ111R5ABB tanks, I dinked about 8 shots and finished with 0 damage, then closed the game. I don't need a dragon faced commander or the camos... thanks anyways wargaming.

As long as you pick whichever team you still get the commander at least. Plus you can purchase any of the rewards (except the rewards for merit or rentals) for gold.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Is anyone having loving crazy rear end packet loss on NA right now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

Is anyone having loving crazy rear end packet loss on NA right now?

My platoon got hit tonight pretty hard once. But its smooth right now.

E- Now its bad

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Feb 4, 2020