Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

stev posted:

Yeah why would you want people to talk about your big annual event?

They'd rather someone not talk about it than talk about it and not give them a cut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The only thing I care about during the Big Game is taking care of my Hungry Guys

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Is there still not a release date for the Cuphead DLC yet? I'm dyin here

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Baller Time posted:

Should I download 288GB of flash games/animations?

The launcher version that only downloads the ones you play is way more practical but that sure is tempting isn't it.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
having messed around in the endgame of iceborne a bit, i think that once rajang comes out on thursday i'll hunt him a few times then put it down for a while. I'm gonna slink back to MHGU and continue my slow climb through that game, but also, iceborne has got me hankering for these sorts of action rpgs again so i might finally dive into dark souls 1/SotFS randomizers. SOFTS only seems to have functional item randomizers, but it's my favorite one so that's still rad.

the main reason i want bloodborne to come to pc is so someone can make a randomizer for it

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man, the new ff7 remake preview has touched off a bit of a Twitter brawl in the lgbtq community.

Crossdressing cloud was shown off, and a bunch of 'cloud is trans' memes were made... followed immediately by cries that declaring a crossdresser a trans person is transphobic/really problematic'.

Crossdressers and men who like to do traditionally feminine things but still identify as male really dont like being identified/misidentified as trans.
Or it being done to others.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pharohman777 posted:

Man, the new ff7 remake preview has touched off a bit of a Twitter brawl in the lgbtq community.

Crossdressing cloud was shown off, and a bunch of 'cloud is trans' memes were made... followed immediately by cries that declaring a crossdresser a trans person is transphobic/really problematic'.

Crossdressers and men who like to do traditionally feminine things but still identify as male really dont like being identified/misidentified as trans.
Or it being done to others.

This was inevitable, I guess.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
And a bunch of the crossdressing/ feminine male community have chips on their shoulders with the trans community from members of it telling them repeatedly 'you must be in denial', and other such tripe.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm replaying Psychonauts because lord help me I think I might actually get to play the sequel this year and suddenly I remember that Figments were just the most aggravating pain in the rear end. Milla's dance party can go to hell.

Sorting emotional baggage is still pretty :3: though.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Pharohman777 posted:

And a bunch of the crossdressing/ feminine male community have chips on their shoulders with the trans community from members of it telling them repeatedly 'you must be in denial', and other such tripe.

at least the egg_irl memes they produce are somewhat funny

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
anodyne 2 is psychonauts 2

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ymgve posted:

at least the egg_irl memes they produce are somewhat funny

The egg subsection of the trans community is utterly loathed in the crossdressing/feminine male community. Due to repeated attempts by them to get guys to 'come out' as trans via dm's and such that haven't really stopped even today.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/madogems/status/1224017077918470146?s=20

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Pharohman777 posted:

The egg subsection of the trans community is utterly loathed in the crossdressing/feminine male community. Due to repeated attempts by them to get guys to 'come out' as trans via dm's and such that haven't really stopped even today.

What’s this egg thing?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Jay Rust posted:

What’s this egg thing?

a person who has not realized/accepted that they are trans yet

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!
cant wait for animal crossing wow, probably goty id say

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Stux posted:

cant wait for animal crossing wow, probably goty id say

I'm gonna play Animal Crossing on the Animal Crossing Switch and finally achieve "gaming nirvana"

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The difference between competitive and cooperative gamers.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 48 hours!

Gripweed posted:

I'm gonna play Animal Crossing on the Animal Crossing Switch and finally achieve "gaming nirvana"

game on friend

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

her shoes are freaking me out

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
You remember in the first few titles when you dug a hole you were just like, adding a "hole texture" by digging and not actually geometrically creating a hole?

And nobody really cared. Nobody except like, nerds maybe.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Let's time travel back to the late 2000s

http://ovenofpower.ytmnd.com/

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Viewtiful Jew posted:

You remember in the first few titles when you dug a hole you were just like, adding a "hole texture" by digging and not actually geometrically creating a hole?

And nobody really cared. Nobody except like, nerds maybe.

Was anybody actually expecting realistic digging physics in an N64 game?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

lets hang out posted:

her shoes are freaking me out

Yeah she's no longer my assistant and suddenly she can afford shoes?

What the hell was I paying her?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

she was wearing shoes before. long yellow boots, the same color as her fur

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Gripweed posted:

Was anybody actually expecting realistic digging physics in an N64 game?

I can vaguely, VAGUELY remember people who were already mad at the game (because it was baby game I guess?) trying to use the quality of the graphics as a talking point back when it came out on the GCN in the States. And that was like, part of the graphics talk. That and other stuff like how it wasn't "Really 3D" because it was a top-down perspective. There was no controllable Z-axis.

Where were the mature games with the good graphics and axises'ses?!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

homeless snail posted:

she was wearing shoes before. long yellow boots, the same color as her fur

Was the whole club looking at her

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I can vaguely, VAGUELY remember people who were already mad at the game (because it was baby game I guess?) trying to use the quality of the graphics as a talking point back when it came out on the GCN in the States. And that was like, part of the graphics talk. That and other stuff like how it wasn't "Really 3D" because it was a top-down perspective. There was no controllable Z-axis.

Where were the mature games with the good graphics and axises'ses?!

If you're going to criticize anything about Animal Crossing, it should be that the games promote Anaximanders' discredited cylindrical earth model

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-Svfmx2VVw

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Imagine playing through dark souls for your first time in tyool 2020

This is fun

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Gripweed posted:

If you're going to criticize anything about Animal Crossing, it should be that the games promote Anaximanders' discredited cylindrical earth model

Would you prefer if it was promoting the donut-shape that basically every game with an overworld has had?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

FirstAidKite posted:

Would you prefer if it was promoting the donut-shape that basically every game with an overworld has had?

do you have a spiffy gif to demonstrate this?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I remember being impressed with FF7's world map depicting spherical curvature Edit: though it looks like it is also a torus

Rinkles posted:

do you have a spiffy gif to demonstrate this?

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Feb 3, 2020

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

congrats to andy reid

were there any video game ads during the super bowl

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I saw a Switch ad

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i went to a whiskey tasting and super bowl and i'm full of whiskey and superbowl goodnight

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Something I loved about Terranigma is that the underworld used the mode 7 or whatever to show the parts of the underworld you weren't on via the sky.

I don't actually know how that would map to a shape though. It is meant to represent a hollow earth but I assume the way it was mapped would be like...the inside of a donut maybe? Not the hole but like the inside of it. Not sure.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

:thumbsup:

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Cowcaster posted:

i went to a whiskey tasting and super bowl and i'm full of whiskey and superbowl goodnight

I went to a beer tasting then saw Groundhog Day for the first time. It was a good day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i played some shadow hearts and it has a very odious beginning lol