Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LawfulWaffle posted:

then saw Groundhog Day for the first time

How'd you enjoy it? I like it a lot and I should go rewatch it some time, I haven't seen it in years. I know people can get pretty down on it but I like Vigo a lot and the cheesy bits are fun too like the news report about the Titanic and the last bit with the statue of liberty.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I can't believe they're making a video game follow-up to Groundhog Day, that's one of the last franchises I thought would become a franchise

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHHzQlqXdU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

shadow hearts starts with the main character trying to grab alice (co-protagonist) trump-style by the pussy (not literally but he asks if she feels tingly down there and reaches for it)

and then he finds her passed out, and debates raping her

then you get to a cannibal village and a gay accupuncturist inflicts gay panic on the male characters with every other line of dialogue

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Imagine playing through dark souls for your first time in tyool 2020

This is fun

in this TED talk i will explain how hollow knight is, in essence, a follow up to dark souls 1

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The 7th Guest posted:

shadow hearts starts with the main character trying to grab alice (co-protagonist) trump-style by the pussy (not literally but he asks if she feels tingly down there and reaches for it)

and then he finds her passed out, and debates raping her

then you get to a cannibal village and a gay accupuncturist inflicts gay panic on the male characters with every other line of dialogue

IDK if it is any consolation but Yuri definitely tones that poo poo down a few towns in when he starts getting his poo poo together instead of being annoyed by the migraines, graveyard ghosts, and having to put up with Mata Hari loving with him. Meiyuan's gay stuff sticks around though and flamboyant homosexuality becomes a major component of the series, panic or otherwise.

e: like, imo Yuri is one of the defining archetypes of a video game character who is transformed from an absolute shithead into someone more accepting of himself and less sabotaging and more in control. I would even argue that the fusion stuff is a more blatant representation of his growth as a person. He is unpleasant, but the journey of his growth from the start of his quest in Manchuria is pretty good imo

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Feb 3, 2020

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I can't believe they're making a video game follow-up to Groundhog Day, that's one of the last franchises I thought would become a franchise

Edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHHzQlqXdU

Everything about this is so profoundly unnecessary

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Everyone's making Time Loop games these days

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ2vsnapBhU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbWsmc1OhOg
(this one's out now and very good)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiMSSl2rZ0

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Man, I'm so excited for Animal Crossing. The New Leaf thread was awesome and that one goon had that town, Crapton I think, that was open 24/7 where we could all go dump items for everyone to catalog and someone would get a fat turnip price every week and we'd all get rich.

I gave all my townies security cameras as gifts and they put them in their houses, creating a surveillance state. I built an arcade upstairs in my house. It kicked rear end.

This is the best pic I could find. This was in the early stages.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

12 minutes looked cool back at E3, deathloop had a neat trailer but i suspect it is a GAAS planetsidey game (on a much smaller scale), elsinore's on my wishlist

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

For all their bullshit, I am thankful to Bethesda for keeping Arkane alive and producing AAA high risk titles no other publisher would touch

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Thankfully there is no nipple showing so this is cool.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Thankfully there is no nipple showing so this is cool.

They censored it for the US release

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Two Point Hospital is pretty cool. I'm not sure how you can lose, but it's good at drawing you in for longer than you meant.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

mutata posted:

Man, I'm so excited for Animal Crossing. The New Leaf thread was awesome and that one goon had that town, Crapton I think, that was open 24/7 where we could all go dump items for everyone to catalog and someone would get a fat turnip price every week and we'd all get rich.

I gave all my townies security cameras as gifts and they put them in their houses, creating a surveillance state. I built an arcade upstairs in my house. It kicked rear end.

This is the best pic I could find. This was in the early stages.

One hour ago I would’ve said “Yeah Animal Crossing is just one of those games that isn’t for me” but now I’m like “Man I might buy Animal Crossing”

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
All I want out of animal crossing is for the villagers to be even more distinct from one another through the conversations. I don't know if pocket camp did anything about that but I just really hope that the villagers will be even more unique and distinct because it's a shame when you can talk to them and end up with the same few conversations over and over between the same couple villager types.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Hopefully the new animal crossing actually has lots of things to do

The idea of a game you play an hour a day for years is fine, but there needs to be enough to do

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hopefully the new animal crossing is just animal crossing again but newer and everyone saying all this other stuff get locked away from the game because they dont deserve it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

precision posted:

Hopefully the new animal crossing actually has lots of things to do

The idea of a game you play an hour a day for years is fine, but there needs to be enough to do

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I hope the new Animal Crossing adds daily and weekly quests, achievements, and maybe you gotta climb towers to uncover parts of the village map

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The mario party animal crossing was really bad and I'm not surprised the only good part was ported over to new leaf.

The happy home designer game looked neat but it is sad knowing that the villagers don't actually care about anything you do. They will just tell you exactly what item they want and they don't care beyond that simple check to determine if they like the house or not. It should have been more like style savvy.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

hopefully the new animal crossing is just animal crossing again but newer and everyone saying all this other stuff get locked away from the game because they dont deserve it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

I hope the new Animal Crossing adds daily and weekly quests, achievements, and maybe you gotta climb towers to uncover parts of the village map

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

definitely could use some ubisoft towers though

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

There's another AAA title coming out in March that may satisfy you.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

rosie wasnt in the released animal pics so until she appears the rosie holding a pepsi is what im imagining will be on my switch in march

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

There's another AAA title coming out in March that may satisfy you.

Breath of the Wild 2 doesn't come out until 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Khanstant posted:

Two Point Hospital is pretty cool. I'm not sure how you can lose, but it's good at drawing you in for longer than you meant.

You can totally fail if you can't get the early cashflow going, otherwise known as making the mistake on building diagnosis rooms instead of treatment rooms. That risk goes away once you can build rooms like Psychiatry and the Ward that pull double duty as diagnosis and treatment.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

I’ve played a combined total of over 2000 hours of Metal Gear Solid V. Most of it was letting the game run overnight so I could farm resources. The 800-1000 hours of active playtime I had still boggles my own mind.

I say without a hint of sarcasm that I hope that grandma enjoyed the gently caress out of Animal Crossing.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

now just imagine if she found out about eu4!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Hello all.

Back from self imposed forum break, because I would have been dropping c-bombs left and right re:Australia burning to the ground, extended family losing their homes, and all our politicians needing to be punch square in their loving faces.
Lets hope February = Not January.

I have been playing Glass Masquerade, which is a v-chill cool game and does not involve me calling the Prime Minister of Australia a loving useless c-something-or-other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJjjBG5CR_Q

In board game news I played my first game of Twilight Imperium, which was 9 hours long.
I liked it so much we are playing again in a few weeks, because if you are into overly complicated strategy board games it is = very good.

I rolled Space Snakes and swarmed across the galaxy blowing poo poo up. 10/10 A++++ would hiss again

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Also VideoGames the only C-word I will call you is cutie pie

Have a Kirb

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/1224271645721759747

this just got posted. people were talking about a wonderful 101 switch port kickstarter being announced today but this seems like whatever it is would be more than that

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Port Mario Strikers

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

redreader posted:

I loved this war of mine, and I liked Frostpunk but I played it about 5 times and finished the 3 scenarios. Is that it unless I buy DLC? Seems a little sparse.

There's also the Endless mode, and there's trophies for beating each scenario on higher difficulty / achieving all goals in each.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/philippawarr/status/1224274356420927490?s=19

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

sharrrk posted:

https://twitter.com/platinumgames/status/1224271645721759747

this just got posted. people were talking about a wonderful 101 switch port kickstarter being announced today but this seems like whatever it is would be more than that

Four new project announcements? Or the fourth iteration of something?

Is Platinum going to break new ground and announce Bayo 4 before showing gameplay for Bayo 3?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Drakengard 4....

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Sakurazuka posted:

Drakengard 4....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004