Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Pulcinella posted:

Interdict
{W}{W}

Gain control of target artifact or enchantment spell.

Edit: Pretend “interdict” isn’t already taken.

Angry Denial
RR
Counter target spell unless its controller has Angry Denial deal 4 damage to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

PJOmega posted:

Angry Denial
RR
Counter target spell unless its controller has Angry Denial deal 4 damage to them.

Oh did MaRo look through the design files for Judgment again

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Arivia posted:

I loving loved Browbeat but Risk Factor makes it look like a turd

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Arivia posted:

no, odyssey

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Elyv posted:

no, odyssey

Dammit I should have gone with my first guess. I couldn’t remember if the red choice cards were all block long or just Judgment and second guessed myself.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009

Elyv posted:

no, odyssey

That's an oof rare, no wonder I didn't realize it had been kinda done before.

At least make it be sorcery, artifact, or creature, you know, red's answerable domain.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

PJOmega posted:

That's an oof rare, no wonder I didn't realize it had been kinda done before.

At least make it be sorcery, artifact, or creature, you know, red's answerable domain.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
when your card is so bad, even the flavour text is just calling out how narrow and terrible it is

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

https://twitter.com/maro254/status/1224037224448053248

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Okay but does that mean Horniness is Green instead of Red on the colour pie?

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Lord_Magmar posted:

it's actually a sandwich

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

#wotcstaff

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

He's right.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

It's not a mood, it's The Mood.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Lord_Magmar posted:

Horniness is green, love is red.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Horny on main GG Instant.
Untap target creature. It gains +2/+2 , reach and trample until the end of the turn.
If it deals combat damage to a creature, exert it. (An exerted creature won't untap during your next untap step.)

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
imagine maro showing you his "oh" face and then making a lame dad joke after he cums. not that hard to imagine...

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Lord_Magmar posted:

Definitely

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Tell that to the AEW thread

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
I'm imagining using a "target player draws" effect to deck someone after they Inverter. It would be really dumb.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

little munchkin posted:

imagine maro showing you his "oh" face and then making a lame dad joke after he cums. not that hard to imagine...

only you could imagine something so twisted and hosed up.... Teach me your ways

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

The Clowner posted:

only you could imagine something so twisted and hosed up.... Teach me your ways

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

mossyfisk posted:

I'm imagining using a "target player draws" effect to deck someone after they Inverter. It would be really dumb.

Does any draw in pioneer actually target? No I'm not counting that 7 mana draw 7 they printed for some reason.

I guess Explosion?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Does anyone know where I can find this pioneer sb heroic list everyone’s been talking about?

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

little munchkin posted:

"alright, i'm pulling out of my driveway! we all know what that means!"

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive

suicidesteve posted:

Does any draw in pioneer actually target? No I'm not counting that 7 mana draw 7 they printed for some reason.

I guess Explosion?

Targeted specifically? Inspiration (4 mana) or Comparative Analysis (4 mana or can surge for 3 CMC) are the cheapest instant speed options. Sign in blood is the cheapest sorcery option. Opportunity is also pioneer legal (lol)

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Dehtraen posted:

Targeted specifically? Inspiration (4 mana) or Comparative Analysis (4 mana or can surge for 3 CMC) are the cheapest instant speed options. Sign in blood is the cheapest sorcery option. Opportunity is also pioneer legal (lol)

Looks like MBC wins again. Time to start killing people with Sign in Blood like Pauper.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Pulcinella posted:

Interdict
{W}{W}

Gain control of target artifact or enchantment spell.

Edit: Pretend “interdict” isn’t already taken.

do this with G/W hybrid mana

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
In my dumb opinion every color should regularly get different edge case counterspells, like conditionals or only against certain spell types, while blue gets the most powerful/efficient/catch-all ones and has actual synergy with them. Everyone should get to have fun on the stack.

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights

Dehtraen posted:

Kenrith the returned king has an activated ability for target player to draw a card

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

junan_paalla posted:

In my dumb opinion every color should regularly get different edge case counterspells, like conditionals or only against certain spell types, while blue gets the most powerful/efficient/catch-all ones and has actual synergy with them. Everyone should get to have fun on the stack.

Yeah they should print like a green instant speed card that protects your own creatures, maybe by making your spells uncounterable and your creatures hexproof! Surely this would be fine and not at all a problem. More relevantly, every color already gets to interact with cards not on the battlefield. White has effects like God's Willing and Karametra's Blessing and so on, Red has effects like twincast, Green gets effects that make cards uncounterable or give hexproof, and Black gets discard.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

This confirms every rumor I've heard that Maro is super foul-mouthed in private

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

mandatory lesbian posted:

This confirms every rumor I've heard that Maro is super foul-mouthed in private

There’s no way you survive in the writer’s room of Roseanne without a deep appreciation for very hosed up jokes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Arivia posted:

There’s no way you survive in the writer’s room of Roseanne without a deep appreciation for very hosed up jokes

Plus if you sound like Mark rosewater sounds in real life you have to be able to talk poo poo back to people

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Yawgmoth posted:

it's actually a sandwich
Horniness is, technically speaking, a ravioli

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Froghammer posted:

I mean, if you think about it, a sandwich is something between two other somethings.

Like a ravioli, which is basically a sandwich.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Froghammer posted:

there are no horny rules just like there are no pizza rules

but you do have to agree not to yuck someone else's yum in the exact same way

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Back from GP Brussels. Main event was bad for me (3-3 drop on Mono B) but I played half a dozen Mystery Drafts and ho boy the format is a) super awesome and b) absolutely chock-full of value cards. The best booster I opened had a Supreme Verdict and a Diabolic Tutor, and that's not even taking into account the playtest cards (which will be replaced with some foil in the retail version). My recommendation is to sell absolutely everything you own that is getting reprinted in this set because the vendors told me they already ordered the boxes from their distributors and they're the same price as Standard boxes. In fact, you can preorder them for under 100€ in Europe already. Something's got to give, there's no way that these cards don't all massively drop in value if they are being reprinted at 1/121 in a 100€ booster box.

I picked the Tutor, a Gravecrawler, 2 Mishra's Baubles, Sakashima, 2 Herald's Horns, Kruphix, Bloom Tender (passed another one, woops), Courseer of Kruphix, Coat of Arms, Lightning Greaves, Aetherflux Reservoir, Ancient Ziggurat, etc.etc. Got Sliv-Mizzet, Mirrored Lotus and some other playtest cards, too. In two of my pods, someone opened a Mana Crypt. All that for 25€ and to CFB's credit, they didn't run out of boosters for the entire weekend even though they fired a lot of drafts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Katana Gomai posted:

Back from GP Brussels. Main event was bad for me (3-3 drop on Mono B) but I played half a dozen Mystery Drafts and ho boy the format is a) super awesome and b) absolutely chock-full of value cards. The best booster I opened had a Supreme Verdict and a Diabolic Tutor, and that's not even taking into account the playtest cards (which will be replaced with some foil in the retail version). My recommendation is to sell absolutely everything you own that is getting reprinted in this set because the vendors told me they already ordered the boxes from their distributors and they're the same price as Standard boxes. In fact, you can preorder them for under 100€ in Europe already. Something's got to give, there's no way that these cards don't all massively drop in value if they are being reprinted at 1/121 in a 100€ booster box.

I picked the Tutor, a Gravecrawler, 2 Mishra's Baubles, Sakashima, 2 Herald's Horns, Kruphix, Bloom Tender (passed another one, woops), Courseer of Kruphix, Coat of Arms, Lightning Greaves, Aetherflux Reservoir, Ancient Ziggurat, etc.etc. Got Sliv-Mizzet, Mirrored Lotus and some other playtest cards, too. In two of my pods, someone opened a Mana Crypt. All that for 25€ and to CFB's credit, they didn't run out of boosters for the entire weekend even though they fired a lot of drafts.

Where they the regular boxes or did they have the test cards in them? What other Boxes sold for 100 Euro over there? Im still worried they are going to be priced at Masters box prices in the US.