Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene
Hey, so i've been thinking about the best case scenario for a Bernie supporter (ie, me)and I'm thinking this order:

Bernie
Buttigieg
Biden
Warren

What do you think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Pete doesn't have a plan if he wins Iowa and New Hampshire.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Nonsense posted:

I legit hope he drops out. He's dangerous to the left and must be kept out of power beyond the mayorship.

No we want him to stay in. He's taking MUCH more support away from Biden than from Bernie. The guy who needs to go is Yang.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

mcmagic posted:

No we want him to stay in. He's taking MUCH more support away from Biden than from Bernie. The guy who needs to go is Yang.

Yang should go, but we need Warren out right now.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

pepsi lover posted:

Hey, so i've been thinking about the best case scenario for a Bernie supporter (ie, me)and I'm thinking this order:

Bernie
Buttigieg
Biden
Warren

What do you think?

Yeah that's the ideal. Take Warren out so Bernie has the entire progressive lane to himself, destroy Biden's aura of inevitability, and sets up Buttigieg to massively eat poo poo in Nevada and South Carolina.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

then why is she mad that trump won the EC?

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

you want as many establishment candidates to stay in as long as possible so they cannibalize each other's support base, like the 2016 republican primary where the party couldn't unite behind a not-Trump candidate

warren and yang dropping out is the best for bernie

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

pepsi lover posted:

Bernie
Buttigieg
Biden
Warren

What do you think?

This, but swap Warren for Biden. He's our biggest obstacle and if he gets humiliated in the early states that will go a long way.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Even if Bernie doesn't win the liberal tears will have been worth it.

(he's gonna win).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

mcmagic posted:

Yeah that's a fair point too. I dislike Yang, he just didn't have as much scrutiny as Buttigieg did.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Hoping today is an amazing day for Bernie. Work hard, Iowa goons!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

This CBS segment needs boosting.

I cannot believe I just said that.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mcmagic posted:

They really should keep this talk about stealing the primary on the down low at this point.

This isn't what she's talking about. At this point, they're counting on realignment after the first round to buoy Biden, because they're expecting people who support dead-end candidates to jump on the good ship NotBernie. You're seeing stuff like this because they're afraid that the Sanders campaign is going to play up first round vote counts.

That said, they're all really loving bad at this and are making statements which literally sound like "it doesn't matter what voters want."

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

This CBS segment needs boosting.

I cannot believe I just said that.

Anybody with CBS All Access should constantly loop the video article if it's available on there.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

I'm so tired I fell asleep sitting up last night because we're providing support for Iowa on some small level, too, and still running like crazy on the end of the month.

but the pizza party was really great and I still have leftover pizza in my fridge to shovel in my face instead of cooking, so woo.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
lmao

https://twitter.com/fritolaysia/status/1224354151125192704?s=19

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/davidsess/status/1224206288361533441

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
The Kennedy clan seems worried about the integrity of the party machine

https://twitter.com/mariashriver/status/1224364376599040005?s=19

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Been listening to the Revolutions podcast for some years and I imagine this is how every young man who dared to dream of a better world felt. We're in good company there, no matter what happens in the end.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/AnnieLinskey/status/1224357265186205696?s=20

The next month is gonna be somethin.

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

kidkissinger posted:

everyone, please give bernie your energy

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

How are u posted:

Been listening to the Revolutions podcast for some years and I imagine this is how every young man who dared to dream of a better world felt. We're in good company there, no matter what happens in the end.

I feel blessed to live in this time because very significant things are happening. it's certainly not boring. I hope you all feel as lucky as I do.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Winners. She hires loving winners.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

I have unified all these losers into myself, The Biggest Loser.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

pepsi lover posted:

I feel blessed to live in this time because very significant things are happening. it's certainly not boring. I hope you all feel as lucky as I do.

"May you live in interesting times" was a curse!

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america
Betting markets have Bernie at
62% to win Iowa.
38% to win the nomination.

These are both the highest he's been yet.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

She's gonna form a Megazord of all the losers.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Loser Voltron

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene

Groovelord Neato posted:

"May you live in interesting times" was a curse!

Unfortunately for me, I'm stupid. :toot:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Sir Tonk posted:

then why is she mad that trump won the EC?

That's a very sexist question. Possibly even racist. Racist against Hillary.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

The unity argument is for the convention. I don't think that works at this point of the game.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

We cannot have too much democracy in this Democratic party of ours

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Junior G-man posted:

She's gonna form a Megazord of all the losers.

Power up!

Incompotent T-Rex! Activate!
Overly Defensive Triceratops! Activate!
Out of Touch Pterodactyl! Activate!
Saber Toothed Grifter! Activate!
Ideologically Appropriate Furry Elephant! Activate!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yxroGAO5wg

Let's do this!

GO GO POWER FAILURES!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

mcmagic posted:

The unity argument is for the convention. I don't think that works at this point of the game.

Elizabeth Warren is desperate and/or stupid.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

mcmagic posted:

This is literally her strategy now.

Have a really awful Politico article about it: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/02/sanders-warren-separate-closing-pitches-110412

Also it's hilarious how much Politico loving hates Bernie.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

JosephWongKS posted:

Elizabeth Warren is desperate and/or stupid.

it's cause she hired the failstaff of other campaigns and they think this is a good argument.

bad staff will drive even give the best candidates into the ground

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

PepsiOverCoke posted:

Knocking on doors in small town Iowa is both hopeful and depressing. They will talk your ear off on how great or bad any candidate is. You ask if they are going to caucus....and they say nah.

Its like you have this once in a lifetime chance to shape the future but youd rather sit in your lazyboy and complain than take the smallest amount of effort to stand up for yourself or your family.

here in Alabama that’s most people I know in my personal life including family

they have all sorts of strongly held articulate political viewpoints with real personal connection to their lives that they’ll talk your ear off about but when it comes to actually voting on them? nah. they laugh it off. a lot of people have an almost self conscious aversion to being perceived as “caring” about anything, much less actually participating. anybody that’s grown up poor or in communities like this particularly I think in cultural places like the south knows how pervasive that gently caress it, whatever man attitude is.

idk what you do with that, in my life I’ve tried every combination of structural argument and every tonal strategy from gentle nudging to friendly ribbing to buddy buddying to trying to ignite outrage to outright bullying them and no matter what or who the moment they realize they’re going to be expected to do something or take a stance they just turtle. i don’t think there’s much you can do with people like that except do your best and hope they’re really bored on voting day or something.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/ActorAaronBooth/status/1224361911296430080

we should probably be getting a result soon from the crucial swing caucus in Tblisi, unless they keep it under wraps

edit: of course it turns out, they are in fact keeping it under wraps. but maybe someone leaks it, who knows

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Paradoxish posted:

This is literally her strategy now.

Have a really awful Politico article about it: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/02/02/sanders-warren-separate-closing-pitches-110412

Also it's hilarious how much Politico loving hates Bernie.
That comes off as if Democratic party unity is more important that anything else. Tone deaf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Heck Yes! Loam! posted:

Is the establishment Vegeta in this scenario, not wanting to give Kakarot his energy out of stubborn pride.

This is from Super, where even Vegita eventually learns to take pride in other people, and is powered by that to defeat a destructive nihilist who has traded away his morality for the ability to destroy. He also gives his power to Goku, as it was time to vote (super saiyan) blue, no matter who.