Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
yeah byob is not sincere but I respect their space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Lucavi posted:

its actually not chill at all

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

but you can pretend

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Lucavi posted:

Is that the impression you got from us? Your thread even made it to the goldmine and all. :smith:

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i don't know about that

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Actually byob loving sucks

BYOB is a mirror. If an ape looks into it, an apostle is hardly likely to look out.

Dilbert Fanclub President
Oct 21, 2015

by Reene
Love cult like fake friendliness.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Once in a while I check out byob but it feels like reading those "wholesome" subreddits

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Y’all should probably stop doing subforum evaluations in the divorce thread.

Lucavi
May 12, 2002
the world is not wholesome, fyad taught me well :clint:

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

Burt Sexual posted:

u are not my dad

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Burt Sexual posted:

Shall we return to the op topic of lowtax’s divorce?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Well that or fast food again, what's left to post about

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Shall we return to the op topic of lowtax’s divorce?

I support lowtax out of longtime loyalty

Oct 21, 2015

by Reene

Goons Are Great posted:

Maybe just gas this loving abortion already.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Burt Sexual posted:

gotta rank em otherwise how's the boss gonna know how to split em up in the divorce

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

insult fyad you get put on a list
insult byob you make yobbers kind of sad

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Goons Are Great posted:

what is german fast food

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Dilbert Fanclub President posted:

Maybe just gas this loving abortion already.

Lets petition Lowtax

Rectal Death Adept
Jun 20, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

dromal phrenia posted:

i think not, that gets us too close to the kind of people who post 'you could all make this at home with fresh ingredients for PENNIES ON THE DOLLAR' and those people suuuuuuuuuck

Um actually you'll find that a $26 sourced-from-whole-foods burger....

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

Like a high five with razor blades hidden in between the fingers.

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

Burt can I help make thread tags?

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Heather Papps posted:

what is german fast food

Uhm McDonald's, subway, burger king, pizza hut, oh and maybe special there are fast food bakeries that sell basically just bread ready to eat. Apart from that I think most of the stuff is quite American.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

byob has changed a lot (for the better) since it reopened seven years ago

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Nierbo posted:

Richard, 
It seems I have underestimated your ability to fail. For that, I apologize. Not to you, but to the people who would enjoyed seeing me tearing your little world apart just that much more. It’s a shame, really, that you ignored all of my warnings. Perhaps, if you had just a few brain cells left that weren’t circling the bowl, you would have realized how pointless and counterproductive this whole thing was and quit a long time ago. This little venture of yours has failed on every level. On a personal level, for example, have you noticed that the very people you profess to hate have infested your site? They are utterly devoid of reason, their minds deluded with lies and ignorance. Their perceptions are hard-coded in a language they will never understand. Yet, these empty shells have flocked here, and what’s even more amusing about it is, they emulate you. They’ve taken the worst things about you, namely your personality and humor, and twisted it into something far more repugnant than even you are capable of being. One bad joke ecomes one thousand hideous hybrids, and it spreads like a virus. This is your audience, Richard, and they love you. That isn’t very important, though. I am sure you don’t care, as long as they’re lined up at the trough. What is important, however, is this. 

I would guess that you take as much enjoyment as anyone might at seeing these idiculous business models fail like the insane fantasies they were. The pseudo reality of Internet commerce has finally been perceived for what it is, and the only people left are those who were lucky, smart or both. Now, being exposed to so much talk of this, for what, like over a loving year now, have you ever stopped to consider how you ever came to the conclusion that a parasite like yourself could possibly hope to survive in this environment? The corporate tit is gone, and you are completely incapable of surviving on your own. You think these failed companies had stupid business models? How about yours? I knew the advertising market was going to collapse years ago, because it’s based on the assumption that banners are effective. Think about it.. You are entirely dependant on advertising.. yet, the people you try to attract are people who aren’t going to click on, let alone buy whatever stupid crap that is being advertised. I am sure most of the clicks you have gotten have been sympathy clicks. Did you actually think that it was going to last forever? Everybody knows it doesn’t loving work, and most sites have to beg their readers to click, just to pay the server bill. Did you think corporations weren’t going to notice that no one was buying their products? You’re an idiot, Richard, and I sincerely mean that. The contemptuously stupid decisions you made regarding the various networks you joined don’t matter at all because the entire idea was flawed from the start. Enjoy your last moments as a free man. You’ll soon be shoveling poo poo for the rest of your life at some nameless corporation, a vacant look forever etched upon your face. 

Years from now, when you're no better off than when you started, when it finally hits you that it's all been nothing but a wasted lie, think of me. Think of me, Richard, and when you do, realize that I was the only beacon of logic and truth in this sad menagerie. You seem predestined for failure, however, so I doubt there is anything one can do for you. Just remember, when the joy is gone, when you're clawing at the boundaries of your little world, you always had a choice.

Atlas Shrugged got weird

Lucavi
May 12, 2002

Goons Are Great posted:

Is that the impression you got from us? Your thread even made it to the goldmine and all. :smith:

oh didn't notice, I appreciate it, I'll post there from time to time when the mood strikes and I love FluffieDuckie but I'm too rowdy for that place :sweatdrop:

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

INRI was a semi-regular (mostly to troll the easily trolled) there back in the day, so I idk about too rowdy

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Goons Are Great posted:

fast food bakeries that sell basically just bread ready to eat.

All bread is ready to eat unless it’s frozen or something.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Lucavi posted:

oh didn't notice, I appreciate it, I'll post there from time to time when the mood strikes and I love FluffieDuckie but I'm too rowdy for that place :sweatdrop:

That's fair! You and everyone of your friends is welcome to post with us. And at least I am very sincere about that :glomp:

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i would eat frozen bread, on a hot day, it sounds really wholesome

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
maybe put it ona stick, dip it in nutella

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

bird with big dick posted:

All bread is ready to eat unless it’s frozen or something.

Eh yes I meant like, bread buns, sandwiches (Schnitten in German) and Berliners and crossaints and stuff like that. There's a huge chain restaurant for that stuff just like McDonald's on every corner in every big city, but it's not really too different from other stuff anyways.

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

ulvir posted:

byob has changed a lot (for the better) since it reopened seven years ago

i tried posting back then and didn't like it, but now i do

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

Heather Papps posted:

insult fyad you get put on a list
insult byob you make yobbers kind of sad

No, if you post(ed) in FYAD you got put on a list

Heather Papps
Nov 1, 2007

hello friend

Docahedron posted:

i posted in one thread am i going to get murdered now????

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

the only people i ever added to my friends list were yobbers from back in the goontube days

none of them are online ever now

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
It’s not really going to be called the frying range is it? It’s not even syllabically consistent.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Docahedron posted:

#bothsides

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
Internet lists that aren’t fast food tier lists hold no value.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake

Heather Papps posted:

i posted in one thread am i going to get murdered now????

I believe I posted in one thread as well. I think we need to secure a bunker