Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
The original concept of Last of Us seemed like it was gonna be pretty sexist:

quote:

The result was a pitch for a problematic title called Mankind. Just like in The Last of Us, the game was set in a world where Cordyceps has leaped from insects to humans, turning the infected into dangerous monsters and bringing down civilization with them. The key difference was that in Mankind, the virus only affected women. An early version of Ellie was the only female who was immune, and Joel decided to protect her in order to bring her to a lab where a cure could potentially be created. But they weren't able to sell the idea, especially after several female Naughty Dog employees voiced their concerns. "The reason it failed is because it was a misogynistic idea," says Druckmann.

(Also some people swear original concepts for the bloated infected reached fetish-levels of growth in this concept of the story but I haven't found any proof of that part.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the only surprising thing here is that ND listened to their female employees

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Isn’t that the plot of Children of Men (I haven’t seen it)

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
we probably didn't need a AAA version of Lisa: The Painful RPG

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jay Rust posted:

children of men is people just stop giving birth entirely i think

y the last man was all males of all species on the planet drop dead simultaneously one day, except for one guy

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jay Rust posted:

Children of Men does not elaborate on what exactly is causing the infertility (which is probably for the best)

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I think it still does everyone’s favourite, “male character has to guide precious female commodity to safety”

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The original concept of Last of Us seemed like it was gonna be pretty sexist:

(Also some people swear original concepts for the bloated infected reached fetish-levels of growth in this concept of the story but I haven't found any proof of that part.)

It sounds like Herbert's White Plague but dumber and with zombies

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

What'd they do?

They've been scummy to the indie devs whose games they have been publishing.

Like the Devil Engine guy didn't get paid and he recommended that people pirate his game.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Grapplejack posted:

This is 100% going to be a horrible rape scene, I bet. We need to stop these companies that think they're fine art

They could try to be art in the other way, and include a shot for shot remake of the 5 minute long hardcore scissoring scene from Blue is the Warmest Color

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

I think it still does everyone’s favourite, “male character has to guide precious female commodity to safety”

You should watch the movie

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Looper posted:

honestly dream job

you have to watch every video game though

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Are there any genuinely sexy video games? Besides those Twine shorts where you get hosed by a computer's ghost or whatever.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Andrast posted:

I don't mind paying 30€ for a W101 port

Aaaand I think that's the last really good game that was stuck on Wii U. Other than Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, and anything else I'm forgetting!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Weedle posted:

Are there any genuinely sexy video games? Besides those Twine shorts where you get hosed by a computer's ghost or whatever.

Saints Row 4

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Weedle posted:

Tetris

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
There’s that Kirby Canvas Curse sequel that would work better on the switch

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Always with the loving monkey paw
https://twitter.com/ZhugeEX/status/1224425052076232707?s=19

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Monkey Fracas posted:

Aaaand I think that's the last really good game that was stuck on Wii U. Other than Super Mario 3D World, Pikmin 3, and anything else I'm forgetting!

Xenoblade Chronicles X, the best game in that trilogy (or maybe that's Torna, I haven't played it yet)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

Xenoblade Chronicles X, the best game in that trilogy

:chloe:

Weedle
May 31, 2006

haveblue posted:

Saints Row 4

I am crushing a bit on my Business Bitch player character in SR3

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

who’s dengen entertainment, do they make dengen rumpa

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm glad people are finally turning on Naughty Dog.

In other news

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hitman chat earlier today made me decide that I’m going to break my “don’t buy any games in2020” fast with Hitman 2. Grats to io interactive!

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Someone in the replies to this points out that this interview was conducted five months ago, and the Kickstarter page makes no mention of Dangen. This could mean one of two things.

1. Platinum is no longer working with Dangen, which would be good.

2. Platinum is trying to hide the fact that they are working with Dangen, which would be very bad.

So that’s interesting.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Lurdiak posted:

I'm glad people are finally turning on Naughty Dog.

In other news

The verboten jam....

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

speaking of video game kickstarters, what the fu*k

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Weedle posted:

depends, how much do you like anime ladies

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Ariong posted:

Someone in the replies to this points out that this interview was conducted five months ago, and the Kickstarter page makes no mention of Dangen. This could mean one of two things.

1. Platinum is no longer working with Dangen, which would be good.

2. Platinum is trying to hide the fact that they are working with Dangen, which would be very bad.

So that’s interesting.

https://twitter.com/SyrenneMcN/status/1224431765709713414?s=19

My money is on 2

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Is someone going to explain why Dangen is bad?

Weedle
May 31, 2006

I'm guessing not one person from Platinum has spoken the word "Dangen" aloud in public since the CEO was revealed as a sex pest.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dangen bobby

Weedle
May 31, 2006

homeless snail posted:

depends, how much do you like anime ladies

A lot, but I don't really like anime games

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

speaking of video game kickstarters, what the fu*k

The bubsy 3d remake in 2013 was pretty interesting, i hope Ty continues to examine the space between games and exploratory art

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

who’s dengen entertainment, do they make dengen rumpa

*angrily throws hat on ground*

dadgum ronpaul!!

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

The ceo got ousted for being a sex pest and even though they came out and said "we're so sorry, we promise" there are still developers with no money or rights to the games they made.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

drat.

haveblue posted:

Is someone going to explain why Dangen is bad?

They’re mired in accusations ranging from stealing from developers to sexual harassment on the part of the CEO. Bad news all around.

May 8, 2006

best to worst

X>(torna?)2>1

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Platinum 4 just brings back memories of the capcom 5

Imagine a world where GameCube is still the only way to play Re4 in the year of our gooigi 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

SeXReX posted:

Platinum 4 just brings back memories of the capcom 5

Imagine a world where GameCube is still the only way to play Re4 in the year of our gooigi 2020

Imagine a world where P.N.03 became the giant AAA franchise it deserved to be