Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Make sure it has Juggalo facepaint too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
There's supposed to be one hella cool change roll in here before 8pm. A drop from the current 35 to 19. Can't wait.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kharnifex posted:

Make sure it has Juggalo facepaint too

I will wear turbans in honour of NVJ, but Juggalette makeup is a bridge too far.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Things getting a bit wild on the estate

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don’t have a good way to measure wind speed and the valley whips it up way higher than he forecast ever says but it’s about a 4 right now, that is I’m gonna have to clear four fallen trees tomorrow

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
That's similar to the mountains where the wind blows through valleys before hitting sheer cliffs and accelerating. Sometimes the offical wind is far worse than what we experience a few km's down the road because the only weather station in the mountains sits on a super exposed ridge line with nothing but bush and the highway surrounding it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

It’s crazy bc we have a lot of tall skinny trees around here and you can see rows of them blowing in one direction while the other trees are blowing the opposite direction.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

It’s crazy bc we have a lot of tall skinny trees around here and you can see rows of them blowing in one direction while the other trees are blowing the opposite direction.

Valleys gently caress with the winds pretty badly and it hasn't helped the fires any either. I once made the mistake of going on a walk on a decently windy day. When we reached a cliff line that faced to the south I nearly got blown sideway after stepping in some mud.

Southerly has arrived so I'm expecting the smoke to follow in it's wake.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Dr. Garbanzo posted:

That's similar to the mountains where the wind blows through valleys before hitting sheer cliffs and accelerating. Sometimes the offical wind is far worse than what we experience a few km's down the road because the only weather station in the mountains sits on a super exposed ridge line with nothing but bush and the highway surrounding it.

Lol Mt Boyce.

"It'd blow a dog of its chain tonight."

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Long sleeves and socks.

Yas!

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

tardwrangler posted:

Lol Mt Boyce.

"It'd blow a dog of its chain tonight."

I haven't heard that but it makes sense. I do like that the long term climate records still come from the weather station in Katoomba which is once again sitting on top of a ridge but has been running since 1885 which is checked every morning at 9am and no other time.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Where abouts in Katoomba? Cliff drive?

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

tardwrangler posted:

Where abouts in Katoomba? Cliff drive?

Nah murri Street down behind the family hotel. The wind comes up the gully round the racetrack pretty good though.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Had to come home I was too cold hanging out in my mates backyard in my shorts and tshirt

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Being cold in February is such a bizarre concept I can't really get my head around it. It's like snow or that weird not-really-a-summer summer they have in England.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

NVJ runs a market stall selling wuhan flu themed “get well soon” cards

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Breakfast soup for the win.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

What's in your brekky soup lolie?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

ili posted:

What's in your brekky soup lolie?

This morning I had potato and zucchini soup. Yesterday it was roasted pumpkin. I'm going to make a big pot of chicken and vegetable (king of brekky soups) and my daughter in law is going to make me a big pot of lamb and barley.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Sounds p bloody good, I can't go past a good lamb and barley.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

The dude riding shotgun on the garbage truck looks like Ryan gosling and I’ve never been thirsty for a garbage man before but this dude is just it

Also he picked up the rubbish that fell out of my overstuffed recycling bin bless his handsome face

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

garbos are the heroes of society, above cops by far. On a tier with fireys and social workers imo. Toddlers and posters are correct to be so excited by garbos

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

My niece and nephew love their garbage man. He waves to them every morning and gave them small plastic rubbish bins for Christmas which ended up being the nephews favourite gift by far.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
the Postie and his steed

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

my postie drives a land cruiser

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Just checked the weather forecast and we're supposed to get over an inch of rain every day from Thursday to Monday. I'll believe it when I see it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

We got heaps of rain overnight so I woke up and just ripped out as much lantana as I could before I needed to rest. Gonna just plug away at it all week while it’s shooting out and weak and see what comes back after the sun comes back out and boil it to death

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

ili posted:

Being cold in February is such a bizarre concept I can't really get my head around it. It's like snow or that weird not-really-a-summer summer they have in England.

Hey, I'll have you know that summer is the best day of the year in England!

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

English summer is super fun but it’s insanely brief. It does own that everyone stops work and goes to the park to take their shirts off and drink wine. At 26c.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Gromit posted:

Hey, I'll have you know that summer is the best day of the year in England!

Yeah but isn't it 25°C and a bunch of people die of heatstroke?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Somehow every year it's reported to be an unseasonable heatwave

No UK, that's called summer

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

ili posted:

Yeah but isn't it 25°C and a bunch of people die of heatstroke?

yep lol

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
East coast low hangers

Only registered members can see post attachments!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

tardwrangler posted:

East coast low hangers

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

tardwrangler posted:

East coast low hangers

pointing right at me, unnerving.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Im next to the left nut

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Lying down behind father’s car because the roll of garbage bags I bought doesn’t have the convenient little handles

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010

tardwrangler posted:

East coast low hangers

What the gently caress weather station in that has measured that much rain? Is it NVJ's coronavirus protection sphere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Lying down behind father’s car because the roll of garbage bags I bought doesn’t have the convenient little handles

Just finished off the last of our cursed garbage bags, if the new roll doesn't have handles I will scream