Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Imhotep posted:

And is it possible to get every item of clothing, because I want to try that this playthrough,
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1904731911

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Veryslightlymad posted:

Regarding this game and therapeutic purposes, I want to say that being able to see both how unhinged Half-Light is, while also being really close to several of my own thoughts is one of the motivations I needed to start looking into therapy for PTSD.

I'm on medication that helps with anger management things bought on by manic episodes and Half-Light's writing was so uncannily like some of the thoughts I've had that I intentionally invested points despite not wanting to use it because it was just uncanny

Having a door seemingly mock you to the point of impotent violence is a thing I'm glad I find hard to relate to anymore

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I listened to the waypoint spoilercast since I had heard of their very strange opinions about the game and I've never seen such a different reaction to something. Spoilers for near the end of the game: The whole sequence was about how hard it was to watch someone fall out of love with you and not be able to win them back. Not knowing it's too late to fix because it took you too long to realize it. Harry seems to have been trying to cope with his depression via substance abuse even when they were together and losing her sent him spiraling even harder. I've gone through having a partner fall out of love, so I can connect with Harry. I think the waypoint crew didn't like it because they couldn't connect with that kind of thing, they just didn't have the perspective.

It's still just so crazy to me that someone who likes this game could dislike that moment, though. My second favorite moment is the moment though esprit de corps when you call in early on to shamefully report you lost your stuff and everyone making fun of you is interrupted by someone sticking up for you and saying that you have loving issues and you're still one of them.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I'm not a big fan of ru-net (what the Russian section of the internet calls itself) fashions but every big podcast having an auto-transcript (generally reviewed and edited by some intern) should definitely make the transition of the west.

Edit - I've asked half a dozen times in this thread alone, but seriously, there's no way to edit your inventory?

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Transient People posted:

Does anyone know how to reach the green rectangle in the darkness underneath the Feld Electrical Building? It's to the left of the spot where you find Ruby. I've looked around and can't find a way to it.

Pretty sure it's where you go if you take the first left when the path branches.

Atheris
Apr 4, 2009

Xander77 posted:

I'm not a big fan of ru-net (what the Russian section of the internet calls itself) fashions but every big podcast having an auto-transcript (generally reviewed and edited by some intern) should definitely make the transition of the west.

Edit - I've asked half a dozen times in this thread alone, but seriously, there's no way to edit your inventory?

Yes there is, but it seems a little buggy- the inventory icon kept showing I had new items. But I just added the things I wanted in the "gainedItems" section, then again under "inventory" there are categories for tools, clothes, etc. Add it there and give it a new key number to make it show up in that inventory slot. The "itemListState" part doesn't seem to be essential, but not messing with it might be why I had the bug I mentioned.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Torquemadras posted:

You know, throughout most of the game, I suspected the dice lady to be the second mercenary. After getting a hint from Joyce about the location, and given that I hadn't yet succeeded on some checks with that NPC, I figured this was the case.

Needless to say, it wasn't

I still can't believe that The real-estate lady is just a real estate lady and not de Paule. Between how the portraits look and knowing there's a spotter and and and and......

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Veryslightlymad posted:

I still can't believe that The real-estate lady is just a real estate lady and not de Paule. Between how the portraits look and knowing there's a spotter and and and and......

is she around after the tribunal?

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

the spotter is in another building which you can't get in to, next to the apartment building. there's an orb when you're on the balcony and you see a curtain move on the building next door. that's her

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Tylana posted:

Pretty sure it's where you go if you take the first left when the path branches.

Nah, can't be that. You reach a dead-end that overlooks the second left branch IIRC. It's super weird how there's absolutely no path there that I can find.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Transient People posted:

Nah, can't be that. You reach a dead-end that overlooks the second left branch IIRC. It's super weird how there's absolutely no path there that I can find.
Screenshot?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

There's a bit you need to have the flashlight equipped to enter, I seem to remember.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I must have replayed DE close to five times and I just now found out about Hardcore mode coming out recently.
Time for another run.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Avalerion posted:

There's a bit you need to have the flashlight equipped to enter, I seem to remember.

I probably spent 80% of the game with the flashlight and plastic bag equipped. I wonder if I missed anything because of that?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I never got to use the fancy prybar the programmer gives you. I ran around with it and the bag equipped all the time, with it replacing the regular prybar kim gives you.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Is the steam version just buggy or what? I'm having consistent problems with this game with the frame rate stuttering hard and saves being wonky. I also had a stretch where I couldn't open the pause menu to manually save, esc worked fine to close menus but couldn't open the pause screen.

I've 3x now loaded in to a game and can see myself and Kim standing in an endless black void and my head is surrounded by every thought I've gotten so far in the game and I can click through them as if they're new. Have to load a previous autosave and replay part of the game to continue.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I never got to use the fancy prybar the programmer gives you. I ran around with it and the bag equipped all the time, with it replacing the regular prybar kim gives you.

If I remember correctly, you can use it on the fridge in the Doomed Commercial Building.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

bsamu posted:

I probably spent 80% of the game with the flashlight and plastic bag equipped. I wonder if I missed anything because of that?

:hf:

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I spent the majority of the game with the sword equipped hoping it would do something.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

I spent the majority of the game with the sword equipped hoping it would do something.
I can't recall the specific check but I wanna say there was at least one that gave me like +1 for having the sword for reassurance or somesuch.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

TommyGun85 posted:

If I remember correctly, you can use it on the fridge in the Doomed Commercial Building.

Ah i was able to pass a check without it.

Speaking of the programmer can you get access to her memory core from the Cursed building? obviously the password for the terminal in the church won't work but you can tell the password is the other part of the phrase. I also really like how passwords are manually entered though speaking to someone

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Ah i was able to pass a check without it.

Speaking of the programmer can you get access to her memory core from the Cursed building? obviously the password for the terminal in the church won't work but you can tell the password is the other part of the phrase. I also really like how passwords are manually entered though speaking to someone

yes

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

TommyGun85 posted:

Jesus christ I missed so much

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Don't feel too bad, the sword is merely for decoration.

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

Xander77 posted:

Screenshot?

This is the spot I'm talking about :

I'm not sure how you're supposed to get to the spot on the left that's shadowed. No obvious paths to it.

Caufman
May 7, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

That is not what Lilienne the Netpicker told me <:mad:>

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

uPen posted:

Is the steam version just buggy or what? I'm having consistent problems with this game with the frame rate stuttering hard and saves being wonky. I also had a stretch where I couldn't open the pause menu to manually save, esc worked fine to close menus but couldn't open the pause screen.

I've 3x now loaded in to a game and can see myself and Kim standing in an endless black void and my head is surrounded by every thought I've gotten so far in the game and I can click through them as if they're new. Have to load a previous autosave and replay part of the game to continue.

That is really weird and sounds like a video card driver issue. I have a laptop from 2012 and it is running Disco Elysium just fine at high settings.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

UnknownMercenary posted:

the sword actually gives you a +1 to the check for destroying Ruby's pale emitter and also opens up a new line of dialogue with Joyce

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Aye Doc posted:

the sword actually gives you a +1 to the check for destroying Ruby's pale emitter and also opens up a new line of dialogue with Joyce

I had no idea about that, either. :aaa:

This game!

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Aye Doc posted:

That's new to me too, drat

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

The game is a bit buggy for me at times. I completed the Art Cop sidequest, but when it came time to put up the mural I chose "gently caress THE POLICE" and after the fade to black, on the wall there was... nothing. Still blank.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

I've had a few weird bugs. Once a thought didn't load and just gave me whatever placeholder text the devs used and on a more memorable occasion Kim became fed up with my bullshit and slowly walked through a wall away from me.

The only one that worried me was when I started the Tribunal, the dialogue didn't reload after my boys ran into the middle of the confrontation and I had to reload the game. Went off smoothly after that, though, and nothing like it happened again.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I got caught in conversations and had to restart a few times, it was impossible to punch Measurehead for example, it just locked up

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aye Doc posted:

i had a 92% to do that but I still failed!

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

GlyphGryph posted:

I got caught in conversations and had to restart a few times, it was impossible to punch Measurehead for example, it just locked up

what did you think would happen if you tried to punch Measurehead

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

what did you think would happen if you tried to punch Measurehead

I thought I'd get my rear end kicked. I was very disappointed.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I didn't encounter that many bugs, but I'm seriously annoyed none of the spelling errors I've encountered and reported were ever fixed.

The issue was even mentioned in a bunch of reviews - if your game is so focused on writing quality, you'd think correcting errors would be a priority.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Xander77 posted:

I didn't encounter that many bugs, but I'm seriously annoyed none of the spelling errors I've encountered and reported were ever fixed.

The issue was even mentioned in a bunch of reviews - if your game is so focused on writing quality, you'd think correcting errors would be a priority.

I wonder if they're just going to take care of that when they do passes for localization.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
Just finished this game. Overall, absolutely wonderful. Had a few weird "the area isn't rendering" bugs but it didn't affect things too much.

The payoff for the necktie was pretty good, and I liked how many random things had to happen for the payoff to occur. It's also rad that the light-bending guy gives you 100 real, and Joyce gives you 40 net real (70 minus 30 for the bargained motel room).

I never did figure out WHERE to spend that money though... I had well over 200 real by the end, dunno if I just wasn't creative enough or what.

I also never save scummed, except exactly two things: 1) I failed a 60% check to peep the phasmid, and absolutely had to go back and see what happened. And 2) I naturally and non-scummily did the entire necktie quest line but had to save scum, as I failed the very last check and missed hitting the dude. I had to go back to make sure something loving rad didn't happen if you hit him. Besides that, there's almost no reason to save scum in this game whatsoever.

One weird thing is that I thought the game was WAY longer than it ended up being. I think it took me about 35 hours, I was totally expecting to be able to go to other areas. I found the ending to be pretty ho-hum, but it didn't matter too much because the rest of the game was so good, and I found it thematic that the ending was nothing too special, because that's kind of... a theme in the game.

9/10, would play again.

Taima fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Taima posted:

I never did figure out WHERE to spend that money though... I had well over 200 real by the end, dunno if I just wasn't creative enough or what.
There's a few places. There's a trucker at the south of the jam who's got some crates by him that will sell stuff, there's the book shop, there's Frittte, there's the dice maker, there's the pawn shop, there's the bums, even Cuno has something for offer. Most of it's clothing and drugs, but the dice can unlock white checks.