Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Trabisnikof posted:

No, they really aren't. They're a bunch of misinformed and lied-to people who are struggling to make sense of a world where lies always win if the lie benefits capital. From the beleaguered Biden voter to the cutthroat Buttigieg voter they're all loving wrong, but they're not morons.

I think it's easy to lose track of how things look to older people who don't use the internet. To these people, they have literally nothing to go by other than what people say on TV and in the mainstream print media. All this stuff we learn through seeing the journalists and politicians commenting on things through twitter, they almost never hear about (unless it contributes to a narrative they want to boost).

More often than not, they're judging based off of a vague impression of how appealing the person sounds when they speak. That's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Gypsy caravan (or was it pack of Gypsys?) guy is really dumb

https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/status/1224527611461820417?s=20

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Ither posted:

This caucus system is stupid.

I'm sorry your attention span is set to Reality TV. Democracy takes a minute.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

oxsnard posted:

Caucuses are idiotic but since it's all public it's impossible to do and ratfuckery. Calm down

There are still plenty of ways for them to do a ratfucking, but it seems hard for them to not get caught, but maybe that doesn't matter anymore. If the same people who say "epstien didnt kill himself" are saying "the satellite caucus counts were faked" I can see people taking that risk.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

I’m looking at vote totals like a dog looking at an empty food bowl

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

On first glance I thought this was trumps house flunkie from Florida Gaetz and thought, drat bro has a slightly better twitter game then I would have guessed

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

straight donkey brain convention in replies

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm sorry your attention span is set to Reality TV. Democracy takes a minute.

I mean, for what it's worth, per Nate Cohn they had like 80% reporting by this time in 2016. Whatever that quality control issue is, it's absolutely delaying the results getting posted.

https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1224531497266360320

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

oxsnard posted:

Gypsy caravan (or was it pack of Gypsys?) guy is really dumb

https://twitter.com/ChrisDJackson/status/1224527611461820417?s=20

https://twitter.com/ofnoimport/status/1224532184075096064?s=19

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
https://twitter.com/CRCoachJ/status/1224532556168794113

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

thrilla in vanilla posted:

On first glance I thought this was trumps house flunkie from Florida Gaetz and thought, drat bro has a slightly better twitter game then I would have guessed

he gets a lot of angry replies whenever that freakshow (Gaetz) is in the news

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can we stop discussing how our caucus system is stupid and start asking how Bernie's doing in rural counties?

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.

thrilla in vanilla posted:

LOL. You aren't the only one, pal !!!

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

Explain the first-second-final thing to me like I’m a literal child please

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

King of Solomon posted:

I mean, for what it's worth, per Nate Cohn they had like 80% reporting by this time in 2016. Whatever that quality control issue is, it's absolutely delaying the results getting posted.

https://twitter.com/liz_franczak/status/1224531497266360320

For the nth time, the actual process of caucusing is taking longer this year for several reasons. Chill.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Grouchio posted:

Can we stop discussing how our caucus system is stupid and start asking how Bernie's doing in rural counties?

The DNC is changing checking the numbers.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
good news. cnn reports the chair in pottawattamie county (which is a real county) is saying "the app isn't working."

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Thank you Robby Mook!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/crulge/status/1224530119492100096

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY posted:

If you go to bed now I'll read you whatever story you want and then in the morning I'll tell you who won.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I know it's gonna be a while yet and I am steadying myself so that I may provide a constant flow of energy for the spirit bomb

pepsi lover
Jan 30, 2020

by Reene
*rips rear end*

itsameta4
Sep 29, 2013
kos reporting no eta on results tonight according to msnbc

i sent bernie all my energy, why am I still wide awake

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.

Liquid Communism posted:

For the nth time, the actual process of caucusing is taking longer this year for several reasons. Chill.

Every single caucus on CNN has been done for like 15-30 minutes now. It's not the causes themselves causing the delay. Something is going in at the Iowa HQ.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

itsameta4 posted:

kos reporting no eta on results tonight according to msnbc

i sent bernie all my energy, why am I still wide awake

He redistributed it back to you.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Mod's can't lie.

The Hill is doing some great coverage with Krystal and Saagar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjAXcibX19Q
I thought The Hill was kinda looked down upon as tabloidy?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

I'm rock hard thinking about Biden being obliterated day 1.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

good news. cnn reports the chair in pottawattamie county (which is a real county) is saying "the app isn't working."

Well, look at the bright side - the failsons/daughters of some DNC officials probably got some good coding experience. Maybe they'll use that experience to create an app that solves climate change.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

you and your nerds are going to lunch and some are like "pizza" and some are like "burgers" and like one dude is like "luby's" and everyone is like "thats gross" so they then say "ok fine pizza" and you go get za

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Chris Matthews is just ranting and raving right now about much Iowa sucks

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Josh Lyman posted:

I thought The Hill was kinda looked down upon as tabloidy?

The actual articles are tabloid trash, but their youtube show (Rising) is actually pretty good.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

oxsnard posted:

Caucuses are idiotic but since it's all public it's impossible to do and ratfuckery. Calm down

warrenist infiltrator spotted

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Sure! The Iowa Dem caucus runs in 3 rounds. First, everyone groups up by candidate and we count/fill out the preference form. Viability os determined by number of people present divided by number of convention delegates for the precinct (by population), and a candidate is considered viable if they have enough people to win at least one delegate.

After this round, those who went with non-viable candidates can switch their vote, either joining a viable candidate or joining together to make one or more non-viable candidates viable. They then fill out the second form.

Third is dividing the number of available delegates among the viable candidates according to their proportion of the vote. On a tie they flip a coin to award the delegate.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Feb 4, 2020

Seph
Jul 12, 2004

Please look at this photo every time you support or defend war crimes. Thank you.
My headcanon is that Bernie did so well and Biden got wiped out so the party HQ feels the need to double check before reporting.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
Iowans, minus the ones here, are very dumb apparently. Pete? Who the hell likes Pete? Get it together Iowa

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Seph posted:

My headcanon is that Bernie did so well and Biden got wiped out so the party HQ feels the need to double check before reporting.

Nah, Jeb won 47% of the delegates and they're all going :wtf:

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Lol when even CNN and the Nates can't defend this "quality control" narrative you know we're getting ratfucked

DreamingofRoses
Jun 27, 2013
Nap Ghost
Y'all, they literally changed the system because of the complaints from 2016. Chill.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.
Let's all take a moment to appreciate the fact that, so far, literally NO ONE has cast a vote for Deval Patrick. It's so delicious that I'm rubbing my nipples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
DNC is going to ask for a Mulligan after they failed to load test the app. Everyone is asked to come back next week