Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Fuuuuck you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Nonsense posted:

Well the good thing is that it probably will be scrapped before Nevada. There's no way they're going to use it now, even if they announce some kind of update/patch.

Is there enough time? Early voting starts in 12 days.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

Kill Bristol posted:

Caususes are trash but are probably better for candidates like Bernie who have younger and thus more enthusiastic and able bodied supporters willing to spend all night running around a high school gym and yelling at people.

hmmm

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

The Glumslinger posted:

Oh my God

You loving morons

Pretty sure this is intended!

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

CubanMissile posted:

Is there enough time? Early voting starts in 12 days.

Pen, paper, bodies. I was expecting a loving call right at 9pm CST. This is unacceptable.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"He came as close to a victory speech as you can without knowing the results."

He literally declared victory! He straight up said that he won!

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013

Potato Salad posted:

Can somebody give me a TLDR

The DNC had an app to report the caucus results but it broke. They had a backup phone hotline but it also broke. They have no results for now and we don't know when they will. Pete has basically claimed victory already, Bernie has also implied victory.

Current rumor mill: Pete and Bernie got top two in some order, then Warren, then Biden in fourth or even maybe fifth. Biden faceplanting is the one clear piece of good news.

SkyLander
Dec 27, 2007

Being in Nevada I wonder is early voting the right call now or should I just go through the caucus shitshow? Like what avenue has the higher chance of my vote counting for poo poo.

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

SkyLander posted:

Being in Nevada I wonder is early voting the right call now or should I just go through the caucus shitshow? Like what avenue has the higher chance of my vote counting for poo poo.

Early voting is probably the right call. The day of will likely be a complete shitshow.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.

Potato Salad posted:

The app that the Iowa Democratic State Party used to collate the results crashed spectacularly. Currently we only have results for less 2% of precincts, when we should be done with this by now. From reports that I've heard, the State Party might actually know the results right now, but Biden's lawyers are challenging them, so the Party is holding off on releasing them. The candidates might already know what happened. Bernie made a speech that *sounded* like a victory speech, but wasn't. Mayo Pete just put out a tweet saying that he won.

So, basically, no one knows what gently caress is going on.

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

youcallthatatwist posted:

The DNC had an app to report the caucus results but it broke. They had a backup phone hotline but it also broke. They have no results for now and we don't know when they will. Pete has basically claimed victory already, Bernie has also implied victory.

Current rumor mill: Pete and Bernie got top two in some order, then Warren, then Biden in fourth or even maybe fifth. Biden faceplanting is the one clear piece of good news.

It was the state party, not the DNC.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

SkyLander posted:

I'm wondering the same thing. I was looking forward to not being stuck in a room for three hours for this poo poo. :(

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Betting markets aren't buying butt's declaration

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
joementum, defend your love for caucuses immediately

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
So we're all doomed, then? Is that the takeaway from tonight?

Because this sure feels like we're doomed. :(

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
my basic feeling is the top 3 candidates had staff or volunteers in 90% of the caucus sites and probably know who won unless it's literally too close to call.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Had a legit surreal moment while reading about this cluster gently caress because my wife decided to make toast. I caught the smell of it and thought " not like this."

Wicked Them Beats
Apr 1, 2007

Moralists don't really *have* beliefs. Sometimes they stumble on one, like on a child's toy left on the carpet. The toy must be put away immediately. And the child reprimanded.

I'm in California so in a couple days my ballot will come in the mail, I'll fill it out, and then drop it back in the mail. The week after that I'll check the Sec of State's website to verify they received my ballot. That's the process.

This caucus poo poo is incredibly stupid and anyone who is proud or defensive of it should be summarily executed for the threat to democracy that they pose.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

This hell timeline, :hmbol:, of course what we were hoping would be a good night for Bernie turned into an unmitigated shitshow instead.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Ragnar Homsar posted:

https://twitter.com/invinciblelaura/status/1223702446070910976?s=20

ColonelMuttonchops
Feb 18, 2011

Young Orc
lol Petes just openly lying on twitter and noones buying it.

Just hope the people watching the news dont believe this rat bastard either.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I don't apologize for how terrible this is

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

:monocle:

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

:hmbol:

I'm dead. Holy poo poo what a stupid country :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

"He never said victory, he just said he's going to New Hampshire victorious!"

Jesus Christ, just say the dude lied.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

youcallthatatwist posted:

Biden faceplanting is the one clear piece of good news.

Biden faceplanting is momentum for Buttigieg, so I’m not sure this is as good as you’re making it out to be.

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

Potato Salad posted:

https://twitter.com/ebruenig/status/1224556524925788160

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I think the only hard takeaway from tonight is: "please don't start developing your vote counting app literally two months before the election".

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
do not vote for liberals ever. not even for dog catcher

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/DOGGE4UX/status/1224561388791554048?s=20

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Well for those asking "how could you ratfuck a caucus" I feel that your answer has been delivered.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God :xd:

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

loving wonderful! We all remember what happy fun times we had at the Nevada Caucus the last time, right?

Built 4 Cuban Linux
Jul 15, 2007

i own america

Built 4 Cuban Linux posted:

I think Pete might outperform. I don't know anything about Iowa but they probably love his corny-rear end personality.

from 10am: nailed it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Roluth posted:

I think the only hard takeaway from tonight is: "please don't start developing your vote counting app literally two months before the election".

... vote counting app with financial investments from a particular candidate and his spook cohorts.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
At the end of a caucus, you know how your own precinct voted, right? So they couldn't possibly fake the votes without getting tons of people saying "wait, the official numbers for my precinct are wrong," right?

karthun
Nov 16, 2006

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

volts5000 posted:

loving wonderful! We all remember what happy fun times we had at the Nevada Caucus the last time, right?

It wasn't the caucus, it was the state convention. Caucuses are absolute poo poo though.

Apocalypse
Feb 27, 2004

No Men Here. Only Monsters.

This made me LOL so goddamn hard. Thanks for that.

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord

Pakled posted:

At the end of a caucus, you know how your own precinct voted, right? So they couldn't possibly fake the votes without getting tons of people saying "wait, the official numbers for my precinct are wrong," right?

which is why they are never going to release the numbers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008
Man gently caress Pete. Even if he won declaring victory like that is such bullshit.

Uggh goddamnit depending on how my life works out I might be living in a swing state next November too. Don’t make me pull the lever for him dems.