Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1224441390496485379?s=21

Hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Very excited for the taoiseach to turn up to the brexit negotiations in a balaclava.

I think andrew neill might implode.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lmao Sinn Féin leading the polls in Ireland, the kind of energy required to cope with this stupid Tory government.

Also Panelbase Scotpol poll out tonight putting SNP on 50/47% for constituency/list polling, and an overall support for independence at 52%.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

OwlFancier posted:

Very excited for the taoiseach to turn up to the brexit negotiations in a balaclava.

I think andrew neill might implode.

take a leaf out of the Manics book then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5PI7k_ZiQ0

(live vocals on Top Of The Pops though)

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

keep punching joe posted:

Lmao Sinn Féin leading the polls in Ireland, the kind of energy required to cope with this stupid Tory government.

Also Panelbase Scotpol poll out tonight putting SNP on 50/47% for constituency/list polling, and an overall support for independence at 52%.

I am very here for the Conservative and Unionist Party being solely and directly responsible for the complete breakdown of the Union. Maximum chaos I say

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

That was in the post-Altern8 era where they forced them to play to backing tape but sing live, which seems like the best way of pissing off every single act that came on. It did lead to this though:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzRAZ1uS-Ao&t=36s

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

goddamnedtwisto posted:

That was in the post-Altern8 era where they forced them to play to backing tape but sing live, which seems like the best way of pissing off every single act that came on. It did lead to this though:

That first verse sounds like Lou Reed covering the song, and now I wish I could hear that.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Gort posted:

Actually your body is on a time share for six million souls. Each one gets to inhabit you for six seconds, then is shuffled off into cold storage again. Each one has your memories so thinks it's the sole inhabitant.

You just spent your entire life reading this post.

*runs into room panting heavily* SOUL INHABITANT

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Before I even clicked it, I thought "I bet it's Nirvana absolutely clowning through Teen Spirit" and then I clicked and was right

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I'm here for Ireland electing SF, excellent going lassies, keep it up!

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
Kurt definitely channeling Morrissey in that one.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012
Heh, remember watching that as it was broadcast. Still great.

Jedit posted:

That first verse sounds like Lou Reed covering the song, and now I wish I could hear that.
According to the youtube undertext Cobain was attempting to mimic Morrisey (and I have no desire to hear his version so your idea is far better).
Mind you the text finishes with, "despite these ridiculous antics, the crowd goes absolutely insane" so I suspect that account "That Time Punk Rocked" might be missing the whole point...

My favourite piece of miming period ToTP fuckery has to be Killing Joke doing Empire Song in the absence of Jaz Coleman (who'd run off to Iceland to get ready for the apocalypse, as you do).
Cunning use of someone-not-Jaz in a beekeeper outfit and Paul Ferguson miming both vocals and drums gave us this oddness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSYJmWkehWQ

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
One thing to note about the Irish GE poll is Sinn Fein haven’t fielded enough candidates to get a majority even if they get every seat. But being the most popular party they would be pretty much required coalition material

:edit: oh ho hum

https://twitter.com/peterdonaghy/status/1224464798110437377?s=21

Aipsh fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Feb 4, 2020

Zalakwe
Jun 4, 2007
Likes Cake, Hates Hamsters

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

This is still some tune.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

there was also a rule that to play on TOTP you had to have a music video, which led to Pixies banging this out in a Manchester quarry from like 20 seconds of footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nc0Mv4Iyxvc

they didn't get on though, owned by Bananarama

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Chuka Umana posted:

Kurt definitely channeling Morrissey in that one.

Jesus, it's that racist?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Zalakwe posted:

This is still some tune.

1994 was one hell of a year for music

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

EmptyVessel posted:

My favourite piece of miming period ToTP fuckery has to be Killing Joke doing Empire Song in the absence of Jaz Coleman (who'd run off to Iceland to get ready for the apocalypse, as you do).
Cunning use of someone-not-Jaz in a beekeeper outfit and Paul Ferguson miming both vocals and drums gave us this oddness. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSYJmWkehWQ

No, the best one was and ever will be The Orb trying in vain to explain why it was impossible to mime playing Blue Room, which ended up with them sitting on the stage playing chess.

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Jedit posted:

No, the best one was and ever will be The Orb trying in vain to explain why it was impossible to mime playing Blue Room, which ended up with them sitting on the stage playing chess.

Somehow I never saw that one. Did they at least try to make moves in time to the music? Who played? Alex Paterson vs ...? (Pretty sure Wobble and Hillage could have mimed their bass and guitar bits) e:Should have asked Jimmy Cauty for how-to-mime-the-impossible tips.

By the small-world rule I wouldn't be too surprised to learn that the not-Jaz under the beekeeper hat 10 years before was actually Alex in his pre-Orb Killing Joke roadie days.

EmptyVessel fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Feb 4, 2020

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Recommended having a look in the Dem Primary thread because the scale of the gently caress up is absolutely stone cold hilarious

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ms Adequate posted:

Recommended having a look in the Dem Primary thread because the scale of the gently caress up is absolutely stone cold hilarious

This kinda poo poo would get other countries "liberated" by the CIA, lol.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Right? Just imagine this shitshow taking place in Iran lmao lmbo

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

It's funny because earlier we were talking about how everyone was feeling like we were on the verge of a Corbyn Moment, but nobody could agree if it was going to be the elation of the Labour Wave in 17 or the crushing horror of the December election. People were getting ready for both.

And somehow we got NEITHER. And it's WORSE.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Ms Adequate posted:

Who could have predicted the CIA candidate would try and steal the election

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Peak guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2020/feb/04/mp-new-labour-education-lucky-blair-brown

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Aidan_702 posted:

One thing to note about the Irish GE poll is Sinn Fein haven’t fielded enough candidates to get a majority even if they get every seat. But being the most popular party they would be pretty much required coalition material

:edit: oh ho hum

https://twitter.com/peterdonaghy/status/1224464798110437377?s=21

Did SF just assume they would never get enough votes for their second candidate to come into play? Or do they just not have enough resources to even try?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

so they were using an app to do something involved in the iowa caucus and

https://twitter.com/Monogrammaton/status/1224604059929235456

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Did SF just assume they would never get enough votes for their second candidate to come into play? Or do they just not have enough resources to even try?

Historically they have only ever had a few TD's elected.
This election is a ramp up of their operations, but I dont think they had enough vetted candidates to properly field multiples everywhere.

As it is, they had one candidate go out and use some incredibly racist/homophobic language to describe Leo which saw him get the boot.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

so they were using an app to do something involved in the iowa caucus and

https://twitter.com/Monogrammaton/status/1224604059929235456

Pete's campaign also paid money to the developer of the app and the owner of the company that makes it is a big Pete fan. Surely the CIA normally put more effort into their poo poo than this?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Pete's campaign also paid money to the developer of the app and the owner of the company that makes it is a big Pete fan. Surely the CIA normally put more effort into their poo poo than this?

CEO of the company whjo is a big pete fan and who's husband works for the pete campaign lol. miocrosoft made the app they used in 2016 but this time they decided to use a company who had never made any kind of app and which was started by someone who worked for clinton in 2016

the CIA publicly backed pete on twitter lol

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Glennfinito/status/1224594106665635840

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

"Peter! The country is on fire!"

"No, mother, it's just the Northern Lights."

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

Historically they have only ever had a few TD's elected.
This election is a ramp up of their operations, but I dont think they had enough vetted candidates to properly field multiples everywhere.

As it is, they had one candidate go out and use some incredibly racist/homophobic language to describe Leo which saw him get the boot.

The other thing is, it's STV with quotas, if quotas are hit at bad times before transfers come in, and the vote is spread too heavily across all 3 candidates, you can lose out if you're unlucky.
It's not typically an issue in Scottish council elections, which use the same system, but they don't have too many independents gumming up the works.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

CEO of the company whjo is a big pete fan and who's husband works for the pete campaign lol. miocrosoft made the app they used in 2016 but this time they decided to use a company who had never made any kind of app and which was started by someone who worked for clinton in 2016

the CIA publicly backed pete on twitter lol

Let's not forget the company involved is called "Shadow". I mean FFS are they going to announce the results wearing a curly moustache and a cape?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What happened in the States? The Dem primary poo poo is something I don't understand at all and the thread doesn't make much sense to me either

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Flipswitch posted:

What happened in the States? The Dem primary poo poo is something I don't understand at all and the thread doesn't make much sense to me either

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
The Dem field so perfectly encapsulates modern America though - a baby boomer with a rapidly-liquefying brain who says he's entitled to be in control because he's old (and has one black friend so calling for the imprisonment of everyone darker than underdone toast is fine), a woman who uses invented Native ancestry to excuse every misdeed, several men with no actual ability or talent who are unaccountably richer than God, and of course the man who's been involved in every flavour of American imperialism and hegemony of the post-war era who has directly caused pain and suffering to thousands but he's gay so it's alright.

Also all of them are white apart from two "good ones".

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I don't think it's actual vote rigging, just some lovely IT stuff developed in a hurry and paid for by Buttigieg channelling campaign funds to some buddies.

Then it's late, because all IT stuff is late, no time to test it just deploy it now!

And then every candidate can latch onto pieces of fragmentary evidence suggesting that they're going to win, and some of them are dumber than others in how they express this.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Isn't Biden's alleged Black friend called Corn Dog or something and may in fact be someone he saw in a minstrel show on TV in his youth which he's confusing with reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Mumsnet user Sugarbabe1985:
Kier, my mate sandy once got nasty looks in the primark queue as her kids Tortellini, Tagliatelle and Cannelloni were playing up. She gave them a right smack to teach them the lesson so many kids lack these days. What do you think Kier?

Kier:
Id be fumin if bitches gave me those looks hun X X X

Ratjaculation fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Feb 4, 2020