Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Thaddius the Large posted:

Maybe she’s into it?

Yeah, they're all underwear perverts in the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

prefect posted:

Yeah, they're all underwear perverts in the end.

Um, the preferred term is nevernude.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

site posted:

beetle must have a lousy sex life if ant man wore the helmet the whole time and shes still considering calling him back

Which part of the costume controls/contains the Pym particles?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Darthemed posted:

Adventures into the Unknown #20 (1951)

Don't know source

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Infinitum posted:

Don't know source

I think that's from Quantum and Woody.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Yeah, that is Quantum and Woody's father.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Green Mask #7 (1941)

Captain Science #7 (1951)

Warlock #7 (1973)

Quasar #4 (1989)

Secret Wars Journal #5 (2015)

Silver Surfer #14 (2015)

X-Men '92 #8 (2016)

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Darthemed posted:

Quasar #4 (1989)

But doesn't his null-field also protect him from impacts? :spergin:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

How Wonderful! posted:

Yeah, that is Quantum and Woody's father.

Well, sort of

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Hasbro make a Casual Friday Doom figure tia

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Darthemed posted:

Silver Surfer #14 (2015)

a fair concern imo

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

site posted:

a fair concern imo

Couldn't make France or Belgium more hosed up than they already are though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Alhazred posted:

Couldn't make France or Belgium more hosed up than they already are though.

Why are you dissing Belgium? That's one of the most chill countries in Europe.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think calling it a country is a huge overstatement.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Infinitum posted:

Don't know source

There is no way in hell I'm gonna find it without going to an Archie comics board, and, forget that, but when I was a kid I read a comic where Reggie sold Archie an electric typewriter and didn't tell him some of the keys broken, and Archie shows up at Reggie's door steamin' mad and going "YOU EALLY IPPED ME OFF ON THAT TYPEWITE, EGGIE!"

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

:nms:Father stares at the hand and foot of his five-year-old, severed as a punishment for failing to make the daily rubber quota, Belgian Congo, 1904:nms:

quote:

The photograph is by Alice Seeley Harris, the man’s name is Nsala. Here is part of her account (from the book “Don’t Call Me Lady: The Journey of Lady Alice Seeley Harris”): He hadn’t made his rubber quota for the day so the Belgian-appointed overseers had cut off his daughter’s hand and foot. Her name was Boali. She was five years old. Then they killed her. But they weren’t finished. Then they killed his wife too. And because that didn’t seem quite cruel enough, quite strong enough to make their case, they cannibalized both Boali and her mother. And they presented Nsala with the tokens, the leftovers from the once living body of his darling child whom he so loved. His life was destroyed. They had partially destroyed it anyway by forcing his servitude but this act finished it for him. All of this filth had occurred because one man, one man who lived thousands of miles across the sea, one man who couldn’t get rich enough, had decreed that this land was his and that these people should serve his own greed.

You can buy chocolate hands in Belgium. Today.

Chill.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Also their chocolates are superb.

Nevermind the unfortunate historical callback.

e:f,b

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
issuing correction on a previous post of mine, regarding the european country Belgium. you do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to them"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/MarvelADayProj/status/1224499082024058880?s=19

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Yeah, fair enough. But technically, the Congo didn't belong to Belgium. The whole country was personal property of king Leopold II. And the actual companies who profited from that where owned by shareholders. Just like the East India trading company. I blame the concept of royalty and late stage capitalism more than I'd blame the people of the country.

Those chocolate hands are kinda gross and offensive though. That is vile! I didn't see such things when I made a tour through the chocolate shops in Brussels. Would have soured my mood of the trip quite a bit.

But historically, that place also did some good. For example, it took in Karl Marx, when he became a bit to radicalized for Germany.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 4, 2020

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://twitter.com/c_dobbins/status/1224396741782294531?s=21

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

What's Ryuk going to do with human money?

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Those chocolate hands are kinda gross and offensive though. That is vile! I didn't see such things when I made a tour through the chocolate shops in Brussels. Would have soured my mood of the trip quite a bit.

They're more an Antwerp thing, because there's a founding myth about a monstrous giant who lived where Antwerp is today, and the hero who defeated him, cut off his hand, and threw it into the river.
Or, at least, that's the excuse they tell themselves; the confectionery Antwerp Handjes weren't introduced until 1934, over 25 years after the abolition of the Congo Free State.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Kwyndig posted:

What's Ryuk going to do with human money?

You can read and find out: https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/death-note-special-one-shot-chapter-1/chapter/19985?action=read

or basically Ryuk doesnt care as long as he gets apples, its all the new Kira's idea

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
By the way sorry, I didn't want to start a derail about the Congo Attrocities in the funny panels thread, of all places.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
If anything it's my fault.

Edit:

Beachcomber fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 4, 2020

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Phy posted:

There is no way in hell I'm gonna find it without going to an Archie comics board, and, forget that, but when I was a kid I read a comic where Reggie sold Archie an electric typewriter and didn't tell him some of the keys broken, and Archie shows up at Reggie's door steamin' mad and going "YOU EALLY IPPED ME OFF ON THAT TYPEWITE, EGGIE!"

NO? Bam! Your resident Archie guy is on the case! I haven't flexed those muscles in so long...

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Beachcomber posted:

If anything it's my fault.

Edit:

Why are the police beating up those white guys?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Grendels Dad posted:

They're Iranian.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Grendels Dad posted:

Back in the 60's they would cast black characters with white actors.
So really, it's because of racism.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

This is a long way to go for an "Epstein didn't kill himself" gag.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Back when Death Note came out there was this 4Chan edited ending for the Manga where Light kills all his enemies. It fast forwards to the future where he is President of the United States. (Not sure how a Japanese kid managed that but whatever. )

He decides to kill himself as he is bored of life.
The ending is him and Ryuk in the Afterlife where he is having heart attacks over and over again as he has to experience every death he caused others on himself.
And he gloats that now he has a new goal, to become king of the Underworld.

I feel like this page is from a 4Chan edit like that.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Nah, it's no thing like that. The plot is that the newest owner of the Death Note decides to sell it.

This angers the shinigami king, who makes a new rule that anyone who buys or sells the notebook will die. After the USA spends trillions only to learn this, Trump refuses the notebook, letting it go back into 'the wild' but tells people he has it but refuses to use it. He is told that he could take it and die, ensuing someone else high in government finds it, and he refuses that.

Meanwhile, the one who sold it never learns about the new rule because he made Ryuk swear never to contact him again, so dies as soon as he takes money out the bank.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

From Rueben Bolling

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Argue posted:

NO? Bam! Your resident Archie guy is on the case! I haven't flexed those muscles in so long...

I didn't even know we HAD a resident Archie guy, but I guess this is still SomethingAwful and we still got people who can find anything! Thank you!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

From Rueben Bolling

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Brought to us by barely-competent-at-drawing-a-machine-gun-man

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Discendo Vox posted:

Brought to us by barely-competent-at-drawing-a-machine-gun-man

It's actually a pistol and the guy's carrying three film canisters. After he kills PGaA-Man he's on his way to show home movies to some friends.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Did you know the first officially transmitted electronic message is "What hath god wrought?"

I think about that a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Retro Futurist posted:

From Rueben Bolling

Is this a dig at Hawkeye, or what?