Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Which stardew s/os are most and least likely to handle the fact that marrying you has turned them into multi-billionaires?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Maru and Leah wouldn't give a poo poo as long as they have enough cash on hand to fund their hobbies. Harvey too, probably.

On the other end of the spectrum that's the whole point for Haley, I don't like Alex's chances of adjusting well to megawealth, and Shane would be dead inside of a year

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I feel like Elliott would become incredibly loving awful to talk to if he suddenly became a multibillionaire by marrying the Stardew farmer.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
I think he'd go more the Leah route. He probably comes from money and left it behind to be an author. He's practically a Jane Austen heroine, just waiting for his Mr/s Darcy to come pluck him put of his cabin.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Emily will not notice the money. She will still go to pierres to smell the fruit

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Eric the Mauve posted:

Leah is these things and also has a personality.

Leah is scavenging in the forest to make ends meet.

If she never meets you, she might never have the self-confidence she needs to actually sell any of her art. Even after the art show she continues eating random stuff she finds in the forest. I like her, but I think a very nerdy argument could be made that her art would never make her financially secure. Bidding on her art starts at 5k, which is only 25 salads, not even enough money for food for a month.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
As a rich and successful wine maker who runs a hobby farm I still eat poo poo I find on the ground so who am I to judge.

Col. Roy Campbell
Dec 19, 2008

Sam would be fine since he's already lazy and he's also on his way to become a popular children's recording artist.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Wait...multibillionaires??

How much iridium starfruit did you fuckers make?

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Personally I always marry Karen because Rick is an rear end in a top hat and doesn't deserve happiness. Mary is that actual best girl but her and Gray slowly coming out of their introverted shells towards one another is too :3: for me to interfere.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Endless Trash posted:

Wait...multibillionaires??

How much iridium starfruit did you fuckers make?

Casked aged wine is the true billionaire's way

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

actually I just sell a lot of parsnips

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Hard to say what being a multibillionaire means in a world where salads cost $220 but you can double the size of your house for $10,000.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Ultima66 posted:

Hard to say what being a multibillionaire means in a world where salads cost $220 but you can double the size of your house for $10,000.

This is the future liberals want

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Sydin posted:

Personally I always marry Karen because Rick is an rear end in a top hat and doesn't deserve happiness. Mary is that actual best girl but her and Gray slowly coming out of their introverted shells towards one another is too :3: for me to interfere.

Karen and Rick deserve each other, just like Haley and Alex

I usually ended up marrying Ann mostly because Doug is so cool, shame about Cliff wandering off somewhere to probably become Shane though

e: god can you imagine having Jeff and Sasha for in-laws, Rick is welcome to that poo poo

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 3, 2020

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Sydin posted:

I agree.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

I married Ann in Back to Nature, but i think I got Popuri's to a high affection level because they were always up by the hotspring together in the mornings. In Story of Seasons: Friends of Mineral Town I think I'll try for either the Kappa or one of the new characters.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I ran into Abigail in the mines. Is that new? I'd never seen her down there before.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Yeah, in 1.4 after you see her 10 heart event she turns up in the mines on rainy days I think.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I'm so stoked to marry Krobus with the update. I know it's not a real marriage but it is one in my heart.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Rick is a bitchy bitch bitch man. I also like letting the sad guy cliff collapse sadly in the snow and run out of town to kill himself

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Doc Fission posted:

I'm so stoked to marry Krobus with the update. I know it's not a real marriage but it is one in my heart.

It's very great and I love him and it's real

Donkringel
Apr 22, 2008

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Emily will not notice the money. She will still go to pierres to smell the fruit

I see Emily starting up some new age stuff like essential oils or goop lab with your money.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I'm pretty sure money isn't really worth much in SDV and the NPCs think of the player as an eccentric hoarder.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
When in thevheck is the android update hsppening :argh:

Ps. Holy poo poo Clint is such a massive goon

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I'm pretty sure money isn't really worth much in SDV and the NPCs think of the player as an eccentric hoarder.

It’s not my fault they keep asking for weird things.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Poque posted:

I ran into Abigail in the mines. Is that new? I'd never seen her down there before.

Yup! It was added in one of the updates. She starts going down there after one of the heart events (I forget which one). She's exploring just like she always wanted! :3:

Grapplejack posted:

Which stardew s/os are most and least likely to handle the fact that marrying you has turned them into multi-billionaires?

I feel like Sam, Hayley, Alex, and Abigail would handle it worse. They've never had jobs or lived independently so they don't really know the value of money. The others would probably be fine, though I think Harvey would be the least effected by the change.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
I always liked the Story of Seasons Harvest Moon :(

Such pretty art...

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

look i'm only keep multiple copies of every item in the game to make clothing and also in case i ever need something. you never know when you're gonna need a silver star daffodil!

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

give it to Sandy on birthday when you've already maxed out her hearts

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Started another play through cause I'm a bit stressed between life and playing most competitive/tense stuff. Did they patch Prairie King to increase money drops? Feels like I'm floating in cash.

I realized last night I'm a dummy for going to clint every day with geodes, I should just be going once a week or so. I shouldn't be loving with the mine as much at all, I have gently caress all crops and no expansions on my initial building and yet I'm down to like level 60 in the mine. Gotta get me a coop and poo poo, not to mention a kitchen.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
You want to save up your Geodes and open them on days when the spirits are "very happy," when you have the best chance of getting good stuff.

E: Never mind, I thought this was true, but the wiki says it's not!

Clara
Feb 7, 2004

Yeah, geodes (and artifact troves) are all predetermined. If you're on PC you can check your save file for the order with this site: Stardew Predictor

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

give it to Sandy on birthday when you've already maxed out her hearts
i wish i could marry sandy and rescue her from the desert

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

banish Clint to run the shop there

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
I get the feeling Clint just orders your upgrades from Jojacorp because you never see him do anything besides cracking eggs.

Edit: He prefers two-day shipping.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Well he would overnight them to Jojo, and then pay to have them overnighted back.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I got a quest to deliver a cola to him at "3x market value" yesterday, at a reward of 75g. I expected the cost of the poo poo to be 25, but it was 75 from jojamart. What a rip.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

codo27 posted:

I got a quest to deliver a cola to him at "3x market value" yesterday, at a reward of 75g. I expected the cost of the poo poo to be 25, but it was 75 from jojamart. What a rip.

shoulda brought Joja Bluu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

codo27 posted:

It is 3x what you would sell one for, I usually save the first few I snag from fishing for easy quest deliveries but after the first year that becomes chump change and these people can learn to use the soda machine themselves