Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Yeah I bought the Neo Itoh shirt as well.

I guess if I were to buy a TJPW shirt I would just buy it to support the company and not necessarily the person whose color it represents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

Yeah I bought the Neo Itoh shirt as well.

I guess if I were to buy a TJPW shirt I would just buy it to support the company and not necessarily the person whose color it represents.
I dont think it even matters when you're buying from PWT to be honest. I've got a lime green Ice Cream shirt from them and I doubt Pom saw a penny of it, but it's probably neat for them when they come and do shows in the US to see their colors represented.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The idea of the chosen color "league" shirts is really cool. The fact that they actively promote things being colorful is rad as hell.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Neodoomium posted:

The idea of the chosen color "league" shirts is really cool. The fact that they actively promote things being colorful is rad as hell.
Also a lot of the TJPW team shirts are absolutely absurd which just makes them even more fun. What's a giant burger have to do with wrestling or TJPW to begin with? Or Ice Cream and Boba Tea? In Japan it's an extension of the glow-stick you'd buy at an idol concert to support your favorite members and honestly good on Takagi, he's probably one of the smartest promoters in Wrestling history. DDT started as a dumbass WWE parody in the 90's and they're now one of the largest promotions in Japan, have several offshoots, and just acquired NOAH.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/ddtpro_eng/status/1199976005076582400

https://twitter.com/misterhakusan/status/1216305345930252288

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

That was the exact tweet I've been looking for the last couple days, thanks!

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TJPW is just fun, top to bottom. It might be my favorite promotion to watch entire cards of, even if places like NJPW or AEW have better overall match quality

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Neodoomium posted:

TJPW is just fun, top to bottom. It might be my favorite promotion to watch entire cards of, even if places like NJPW or AEW have better overall match quality
The wrestling's not nearly as good as Stardom is either, but everyone's so colorful and fun to watch and you can see most of them growing. I remember when TJPW was announced and I thought it was a dumb idea, stopped catching up with DDT for a while and then saw the girls that were wrestling weird exhibition matches on gym mats years later look like superstars

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Sareee's last match in Sendai Girls was announced for their 2/19 show.

- Meiko Satomura & Mikoto Shindo & Yurika Oka vs Sareee & Haruka Umesaki & Ayame Sasamura

http://sendaigirls.jp/match/21865/

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Kagetsu's retirement show is airing on Samurai TV on the 3rd March.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Tokyo Joshi card for Kitazawa Feb 11, live on DDT Universe:

Yuna Manase vs Hyper Misao vs Nodoka Tenma in a triple threat
Mahiro Kiryu vs Shiori Sena
Rika Tatsumi, Miu Watanabe and Suzume vs Maki Itoh, Raku and Pom Harajuku
Shoko Nakajima and Yuki Kamifuku vs Yuki Aino and Haruna Neko
Natsumi Maki and Hikari Noa vs Mizuki and Mirai Maiumi
Miyu Yamashita vs Mina Shirakawa in Shirakawa's final match before going to Spain
Yuka Sakazaki defends the Princess title against Lana Austin

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Chris James 2 posted:

Tokyo Joshi card for Kitazawa Feb 11, live on DDT Universe:

Yuna Manase vs Hyper Misao vs Nodoka Tenma in a triple threat
Mahiro Kiryu vs Shiori Sena
Rika Tatsumi, Miu Watanabe and Suzume vs Maki Itoh, Raku and Pom Harajuku
Shoko Nakajima and Yuki Kamifuku vs Yuki Aino and Haruna Neko
Natsumi Maki and Hikari Noa vs Mizuki and Mirai Maiumi
Miyu Yamashita vs Mina Shirakawa in Shirakawa's final match before going to Spain
Yuka Sakazaki defends the Princess title against Lana Austin

Is Shirakawa leaving wrestling in general or is this an excursion

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i think she's booked on like one show in spain is all

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
https://twitter.com/DramaticDDT/status/1224601160604094464

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Nakajima pulling an uzi on someone in full gear during a prime time CBS show is not something I ever expected to see

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

That show had 4.4 million viewers so Shoko with an Uzi has more mainstream relevance than all other TV wrestling

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

My favorite part is they’re all just wearing their normal wrestling gear so 4.4 million people are briefly exposed to Pom’s ridiculous loving clown suit. Shoko was also wearing an Oni mask like a week or two ago which presumably also makes this canon to TJPW.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I'm still reeling from Shoko With A Gun.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

who looks at Shoko and goes "yeah lets give her a gun for this scene"

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Give everyone in tjpw a gun

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Can’t believe they let Kevin Dunn work on a CBS show.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

is it explained in the show why the joshi's have uzis? also does anyone really run shows there because it looks cool as poo poo?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I'm pretty sure that's the robot restaurant in Shinjuku

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

wouldn't find if you had shows with a ring and then a second mat match at the same time: you'd get choice in what you want to watch and could skip the boring matches

basically TJPW should do a show like that

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Do not give Yuka a gun. She's already a firebug!

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

https://twitter.com/info_marvelous/status/1224965463936913408?s=20

A GAEA 25th Anniversary show has been announced for the 15th April at Korakuen: main event is Takumi Iroha vs Chihiro Hashimoto which they've been building for a while and which makes sense for this show (protege of Nagayo vs protege of Satomura) and should be great. Semi-main has also been announced featuring a lot of the main GAEA people still active: Chigusa Nagayo/Meiko Satomura/Sakura Hirota vs KAORU/Chikayo Nagashima/Toshie Uematsu. No information on this show airing anywhere but I'm sure it'll be released in some form: it sounds like something that might just air on Samurai and if not then Marvelous release DVDs...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Give Maki Itoh a gun and the full hour of screentime, you'll get a lot more than 4.4mil viewers

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Chris James 2 posted:

Give Maki Itoh a gun and the full hour of screentime, you'll get a lot more than 4.4mil viewers

they'd have to mute the audio and mosiac over her mouth.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

E: AEW Dark Spoilers
Riho vs Shoko Nakajima was on Dark

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Feb 6, 2020

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1225260263802171394?s=19

Chig did an angle with Mayu at a setsubun event. I'm gonna laugh if they end up doing Chigusa vs Mayu as their Ota Ward main event

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

RealFoxy posted:

Rad. They secretly brought Shoko over too!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sareee has been pulled from the Stardom main event tomorrow morning. Takumi Iroha has been announced as the replacement which is probably the best match they could do at short notice

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Sareee has been pulled from the Stardom main event tomorrow morning. Takumi Iroha has been announced as the replacement which is probably the best match they could do at short notice

Added disclaimer: Its because she has acute enteritis. Not because WWE or whoever pulled her.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

RealFoxy posted:

Well that's loving rad

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/tjpw2013/status/1225796399708524544

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

They've been releasing one a day this week and Maki Itoh is not the one I would have bet on being the most normal so far

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

1519 for Stardom in Korakuen. Down on the last one but considering the short break between shows, the coronavirus fears and NJPW doing 1100 this week, that's a great number.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

1519 for Stardom in Korakuen. Down on the last one but considering the short break between shows, the coronavirus fears and NJPW doing 1100 this week, that's a great number.
Is Terrace House a bigger deal in America than it is in Japan? Doesn't seem like Hana's really bringing in significant people to the show.

I'll re-phrase that, wrestling is a little more main-stream/less embarassing in Japan than the US, so is Hana being on Terrace House not really a big deal?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Terrace House was basically a one-hit wonder of a show. They extended the first season for a long rear end time to keep that going, but by the time it ended, all the other seasons are kind of considered lame or filler TV when it comes to the young audiences who might be more likely to see her on the show and then go to Stardom. Not a failure by any means but not like early Real World seasons where it kept getting more and more popular

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Feb 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Cavauro posted:

Terrace House was basically a one-hit wonder of a show. They extended the first season for a long rear end time to keep that going, but by the time it ended, all the other seasons are kind of considered lame or filler TV when it comes to the young audiences who might be more likely to see her on the show and then go to Stardom. Not a failure by any means but not like early Real World seasons where it kept getting more and more popular
It only got lame when they went to Hawaii and destroyed the entire premise of the show but I guess that was also years ago