Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This never would have happened in the XFL!!

Well yeah, the league'll probably bust before the championship game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Do they have a name for that championship game yet and if so are they doing the non-cowardly thing and calling it The Big Game At The End like they were thinking of last time?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

njsykora posted:

Do they have a name for that championship game yet and if so are they doing the non-cowardly thing and calling it The Big Game At The End like they were thinking of last time?

Let's hope for Pigskin Clusterfuck

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

njsykora posted:

The Kneeling For The Anthem Bowl

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This never would have happened in the XFL!!

the best thing to happen to white supremacists was their collective boners deflating when they found out Taylor Swift was both a feminist and a democrat because her previous silence they held her up as an Aryan princess

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

njsykora posted:

FumbleMania

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

TBGATE sounds like a QAnon thing and so it's the best possible name for the pro-Trump super bowl.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Open The Creditor Gate

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

saw a Suzuki match once:

https://twitter.com/JoeNumbas/status/1224323387868286977

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Never seen an Orange Cassidy match though

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wait until this guy sees his matches against The Mecha Mummy.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Given his past history with Yano (shenanigans, surprise pinning combinations) Cassidy might be Suzuki’s toughest match yet.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Imagine going through life and not realizing that Minoru Suzuki is a tremendous nerd.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Very serious Minoru Suzuki, former tag team partner of Chopperman

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Deleted

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

that's what happens when you see a Suzuki match once.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it was one of those MINORU SUZUKI IS A TOUGH GUY WHY IS HE LOWERING HIMSELF TO OUTLAW MUDSHOW ANTICS/COSPLAY RASSLIN/ETC ETC tedious takes.

This ignores

https://twitter.com/TheThinkingMac1/status/1224411528054681602

and the bajillion comedy Suzuki gifs literally at Joe Numbas fingertips.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Awful App still showed the text: "Minoru Suzuki is one of maybe five guys left in wrestling with any sort of actual badass mystique surrounding him. The thought of him selling for Orange Cassidy is just embarrassing."

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did you know there are XFL fan podcasts?

https://twitter.com/DefendingtheDMV/status/1224457859129204736

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Been trying and failing to wrap my mind around this for the past five minutes. I think I'll just say "yeah it's gotta be a next-level ironic thing" so I don't frown so hard my head collapses in on itself

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They could've been hired by the XFL to do a podcast, I guess.

Or they could just be trying to get in on the ground floor of something that doesn't have much competition in terms of content creators. On the offchance that the XFL does get big, they were there at the start so they have the best shot of getting big.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

njsykora posted:

Nows the perfect time for Vince to bring back his genius name of Colossal Tussle

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

As an aside, it's kinda funny to see people casually use WWE terms like Superstars and Live Events. Happens on SquaredCircle all the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Web Jew.0 posted:

As an aside, it's kinda funny to see people casually use WWE terms like Superstars and Live Events. Happens on SquaredCircle all the time.

Kevin is doing it as a bit.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

super macho dude posted:

Nows the perfect time for Vince to bring back his genius name of Colossal Tussle

Maybe the biggest reason Vince can't write a good and cool face, he's a huge lame dweeb.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheKingslayer posted:

Maybe the biggest reason Vince can't write a good and cool face, he's a huge lame dweeb.

at least in the 80s he melted his face off with cocaine so even the dweebiest lines were delivered at 130X the recommended volume.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/1224740146639228928 Cornette is trash

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

olivier?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Translation? What is this in reference to?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It's his 'hilarious' name for Kenny Omega, because he's an actor not a wrestler or some dumb poo poo.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

do you think jim cornette ever realized he was balding from his 20s too? he has kind of a pattern and head shape that was rather kind to him until about 40 when he had enough room for another face above his face, but still

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

Spikegal posted:

Translation? What is this in reference to?

Dave said Okada Omega was better than flair steamboat, which it was. Cornette is a bigot and a dumbass.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

History Comes Inside! posted:

It's his 'hilarious' name for Kenny Omega, because he's an actor not a wrestler or some dumb poo poo.

It legitimately is hilarious because Cornette is comparing Kenny to a guy who was probably the best actor in the world in his day and is dumb enough to think this is an insult.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Even by the standards of Jim Cornette this seems like a silly thing to throwaway goodness knows how many decades of friendship away. "Oh no, you liked this wrestling match instead of this match, that means you are a lunatic" is a very normal response.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
the idea to me that Kenny Omega isn't a loving athlete is insane. He is nearly literally a machine.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

History Comes Inside! posted:

lol jfc

I used to enjoy listening to Cornette but god drat has he worked himself into a corncob

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

we have a containment thread for all the "jim cornette does what jim cornette always does" posts

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Everything from Booker T’s original take to the comments here is just fantastic. https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/eysyr7/booker_t_on_the_revival_if_they_wwe_came_to_me/

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

Was Jim Cornette ever not garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Jim Cornette is that irritating loving boomer that insists that getting a job is still just as easy as wearing a suit and walking in the door with your résumé because, goddammit, that's the way he did it.