Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/3qtqrtI.mp4

Mess with the goat, you get the horns.

*Goat emblems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Yeah, packet loss all night. Something in their infrastructure is on fire. It's like the old Telia Net days.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Westfield needs to loving go.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

2Jets posted:

I wouldn't try to do it with a tier 6 tank. It could happen but it's not very likely. Some tier 7s can do it on a good game. It should be easy enough with any tier 8 or higher HT. Block a few shots take some damage and do a few shots of damage.

Don't buy the KV-220. It's an okay tank but it's a tier 5 and not going to be doing 4k combined very often. Tier 5s don't get to fight tier 3s anymore. That tanks armor isn't that much better than a KV-1 and it has a tier 3 gun.

The 220 is still one of the better pref 5s, and you should probably have at least one of them (the Church 3 being the other most notable one, out of the ~6 or so regular options) for occasional fun platoons with other goons.

McGavin posted:

Yeah, I have roughly a billion good commanders that I can't change roles on, and no good crew to go with them.

I'm less concerned about them being limited to being Commanders solely because of 6th sense. We can live without other skills, but being able to drop in a "special" crew member with immediate 6th sense is a godsend. I'd be more than happy to ration the special crewmembers as commanders with otherwise fresh crews solely to get 6th. The thing is, I have a surplus of crewmembers, including the special ones, to the point where I have no need of them. I still have the entirety of this and last year's holiday crews unclaimed, and I have 4 of the Twitch Prime dudes expiring in the next few months!

On this topic, I noticed my barracks was full again. I went through and found several premium tanks' worth of 100% crewmembers, and freed up 21 loving spots. I swear, I went through them like a month ago, the last time I complained about this. Wargaming must be adding rental tanks and then dumping the (unused, useless) crews into the barracks without notification or consent. :bahgawd:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I never used a single blueprint ever, so it dawned on me that I could just try to use them to go through the KV-3, and make the unlocking of the IS-2-II a little less painful.
Turns out I had enough to fully unlock the IS-2-II, and bring the IS-3-II down to like 20k xp to unlock.

:stare:

Thought about just going straight for the IS-3-II, but realized I didn't have a fully trained extra crew and didn't want to move my Object 277 crew, so I grabbed the tier 8.

First game:

Alright, then.

Yeah, the DP tanks are quite playable. You really shouldn't skip large chunks of them, especially as the 9 and even 8 are probably better at-tier than the 10. If anything though this points out how the BP system is also dumb, because you can't use it for modules, it only helps you with the [elite] grind which is the easiest part. :rolleyes:

2Jets posted:

Yes its dumb. I haven't had any issues fighting against DPers, but looking at the numbers I don't understand what the balancing factor is on them. It looks like its just a HT with the choice of TD alpha or HT dpm. They should dominate.

Well, they're basically glass cannons. The lack of armor is the balancing factor. They're all uptiered hulls, so something like an IS as-is would be terrible at tier 8 with that hull and no gun upgrade; the IS-2-2 gets that gun upgrade which is how they justify putting it at that tier. The same for the IS-3-2. The ST-2 honestly should've just replaced the IS-4 outright though.

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Westfield needs to loving go.

Yup, it's one of my two blocked maps at the moment (the other being Mines.) Both maps can be playable if you're in an appropriate vehicle, but barring that option I realized I usually detest playing Westfield, which I typically see in a slow-rear end HT (like my recently-completed VK45B) with 3 arty per side.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

My platoon got hit tonight pretty hard once. But its smooth right now.

E- Now its bad

Hey dude, I saw you in one of my battles. We were on the same team!!!! And I sucked so bad in that battle toooooo.

I played 12 battles tonight and had 4 wins. Finally completed lunar year mission and I'll wait to pop 2 premium days from that this weekend to blast through to IS-3-II and hopefully suck less.

And yeah, lots of server skittishness tonight. It was brought up a lot in teamchat.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I had packet loss on my last game I played last night, then switched to watching a bit of Nick on Twitch, and he was getting hit with the same.

Didn't do too bad last night, 4 wins out of 6 games. And figured out that I could have missions for all the campaigns open at the same time. I thought you had to do the light tanks first, then move on. Duh.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret

moolchaba posted:

Hey dude, I saw you in one of my battles. We were on the same team!!!! And I sucked so bad in that battle toooooo.

I was wondering who that was. I wasn't paying attention to chat as I was probably getting shot. But my brother on discord did say something like "Hey KD someone was saying hey to you" and I felt bad. :(

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Katamari Democracy posted:

I was wondering who that was. I wasn't paying attention to chat as I was probably getting shot. But my brother on discord did say something like "Hey KD someone was saying hey to you" and I felt bad. :(

No worries. I did 400 damage and barely made an impact. I'm playing horribly in the is2ii.

I'm in a February mood and playing lazily and haphazardly.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
It's back!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8ApL_0EbxE

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

Wait what has 3 guns?

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

2Jets posted:

Wait what has 3 guns?

Nothing, it was upside down :v:

Though now I'm curious to know what could possibly have three exhausts large enough to be mistaken for guns.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Maybe it's a tank with 3 dicks, huh? Did you think about that?!

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Dravs posted:

Maybe it's a tank with 3 dicks, huh? Did you think about that?!

I always think about tanks. And dicks

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

same

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

isn''t blackmarket poo poo cause they put things up for limited sale so anyone that has to work gets hosed on buying anything good?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

It is this year. Last year they put them up in prime time for each server, but then NA knew what was coming. This year I guess they're gonna open it up for all servers at the same time, which is great for the high pop servers (RU, EU kinda though in some parts of Europe it's a little early), and poo poo for the low pop servers (NA and Asia).

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
I'm getting into matches where my team steamrolls the enemy 15-3, but I have a slow tank, pick the wrong flank, and barely get a shot off.

Even when you're winning, the game hates you.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I happen to be off tomorrow when the BM comes on line, guess I'll have to take a look.

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
In console land, this is uh

interesting....

http://forum-console.worldoftanks.c...62#entry4929062

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Omg that sounds horrible

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I don't know much about console balance but:

M53/55 arty

make it a 360 degree turret (so no hull bloom)
give it the option to harass fire a large area with no increase in reload time
downtier it to premium 8 without nerfing the gun

That's...something.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

is there all chat in consoles via voice? I remember team chat but can you poo poo talk the enemy team while playing arty?

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Only team voice chat

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

primelaw posted:

interesting....

:chloe:

Idk what kind of mushrooms that team is eating but...yeah... Can't doc em for the lack of creativity to say the least.

Edit: Is the black market time AM or PM?

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Feb 5, 2020

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Packet loss still poo poo on NA for me...

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

BadLlama posted:

Packet loss still poo poo on NA for me...

We're getting poo poo on in our TX platoon and its nerve racking.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Mesadoram posted:

:chloe:

Idk what kind of mushrooms that team is eating but...yeah... Can't doc em for the lack of creativity to say the least.

Edit: Is the black market time AM or PM?

AM, but I've also heard it'll cycle every 12 hours, so PM as well? :confused:

Armored Patrol has some "predictions": https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/02/04/world-of-tanks-black-market-potential-tank-predictions-object-777-v2-coming/#more-80465

If he's right about the Obj 777 v2, I can't really get excited about another Soviet heavy.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 5, 2020

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

primelaw posted:

interesting....

Jesus loving Christ.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Besides the packet loss tonight Captain Blaargh and I did spectacular tonight in our games. 10 battles and 8 wins.

Had a real solid game in the Progetto 65 where I got a reaper medal. Popped three tanks in a row and yelled the "So anyways I started BLASTING" meme on discord.

But I did gently caress up by accidentally drowning my T110E3 and getting way too frisky in my first progetto 65 game where I drove in front of 4 tanks instantly knowing I hosed up. All and all very fun games were had tonight.

E-

SpannerX posted:

I happen to be off tomorrow when the BM comes on line, guess I'll have to take a look.

If this is anything like last year then you have timed deals with limited quantities. Some cost credits, some cost gold, and some are insane deals but also some of them are insane. Last year saw a Golden Type 59 for 25000 gold that got sold out in seconds. And a tier X tank destroyer known as the Deathstar (FV215b 183) being sold for I think 10+ million credits? Someone can correct me here but my point is that you can check it out but check back for other deals. This is the event to wring dry all of the gold and credits people got from Christmas boxes from users so come packing money.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Feb 5, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The real missed opportunity with the Black Market events is that I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT difficult to add shop functionality to the WoT Assistant phone app.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

BIG HEADLINE posted:

AM, but I've also heard it'll cycle every 12 hours, so PM as well? :confused:

Armored Patrol has some "predictions": https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/02/04/world-of-tanks-black-market-potential-tank-predictions-object-777-v2-coming/#more-80465

If he's right about the Obj 777 v2, I can't really get excited about another Soviet heavy.

Egah, the 777 doesn't seem that good on paper. Look at it compared to the IS-8:

https://tanks.gg/compare/obj-777-ii?t=t-10

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The real missed opportunity with the Black Market events is that I'm sure it wouldn't be THAT difficult to add shop functionality to the WoT Assistant phone app.

Remote desktop on the app store. Great tool for controlling your PC during college lectures and at work.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Best thing about this team clash event (apart from QB being universally slammed) is Skill has probably doubled his audience. His evening streams have been amazing. I didn't watch him much before but he has so much fun, never gets mad, is super nice to other people and is a really really good player who explains things really well. Once you get past his thick accent he is probably my top streamer pick at the moment.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Dravs posted:

Best thing about this team clash event (apart from QB being universally slammed) is Skill has probably doubled his audience. His evening streams have been amazing. I didn't watch him much before but he has so much fun, never gets mad, is super nice to other people and is a really really good player who explains things really well. Once you get past his thick accent he is probably my top streamer pick at the moment.

He is defiantly one of the better streamers out there. His knowledge of the game is amazing and his ability to call out when he hosed up before anything bad actually happens is great too.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
how do you do 0 damage in a obj 140 when its 7v7?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"How can we make this BM event even worse than the last one?"

"We can make our horrible [insert torrent of Russian homophobic and racial epithets and insults] players *bet* for the rarest tanks!"

"You get a coupon for a free brothel visit, Yevgeny!"

https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2020/02/05/world-of-tanks-black-market-betting-for-tanks-confirmed/

Also, here's a suspected list of BM items, supposedly leaked by the same guy who got them right last time:

And another list translated from the Russian servers (who knows which is right, or if neither is):

1) Mutz (5 million sulfur)
2) Primo Victoria (10-12k gold)
3) FCM (DISCOUNT)
4) T-62M (19 million sulfur)
5) m46 Patton kr (DISCOUNT)
6) t26e5 (5.5mn sulfur)
7) SOMUA (11-12k gold)
9) Type 59 gold (25k gold)
10) TL-1 LPC (unknown)
11) ts-5 (big discount, for gold)
12) EBR (no discount)
13) Gold waffle (crew "commander", very similar to the whim, 60 million sulfur)

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 5, 2020

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
no panzer 4/5 ?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
udes 15/16 :swoon:

im renting but im thinking about making this my first tier 10 because holy poo poo this thing fights pretty fancy

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Slaapaav posted:

no panzer 4/5 ?

I find it amazing that the V/IV actually didn't sell out last time because pubbies are dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
i want that tank but i keep missing it :)