Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

unmeidestiny posted:

probably because the media had a "pete is now the front runner" narrative queued up and ready to go and they're currently using this to manufacturing consent to make loving Bernie in NH more plausible

Has there been much talk of Pete being the actual frontrunner? I've heard them saying Iowa will be a nice boost but none have gone that far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

the most accurate result we can reliably count without endangering the democratic process
thank you for our volunteers' heroic effort to salvage this much
nothing else to see here
move on

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I was going to put in $20, but eh, $27 seemed good.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

FistEnergy posted:

lmao I should be mad but I am completely truthfully, just 100% giddy and ready for the destruction of the Democratic party

:same: That's where we all should be. It's very nice of the party leadership to put its neck so perfectly on the chopping block.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

ok this buttigieg thing is bullshit im looking at a map on the tv and by far most of the precincts that havent been counted are the ones in des moines

you know the ones where basically all of bernies support is

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/PoliticsWolf/status/1224830561132277760

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Bernie won.

https://twitter.com/KyleLovesBernie/status/1224763618324967425?s=20

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I just put 30 bucks on Pete losing Iowa with 3 to 1 odds and when Bernie wins I'm donating it to him.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kitfox88 posted:

why the gently caress are people in here arzying when the best they can put out shows buttchug barely squeaking past bernie in his single strongest state? :wtc:

tbh even in the worst case that the currently released results are representative (and Bernie probably actually won and the limited release almost certainly favors Buttigieg heavily), it's still probably the second best possible result for Bernie.

The only thing that concerns me at all is so many people going to a non-Bernie during re-alignment. But even then I have trouble seeing how Buttigieg could stand a chance against Sanders in the rest of the primary.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dude. Screenshot this post. She’s going to be Pete’s VP.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
DNC: Hey y'all vote now come on.

Me: B E R N A R D

DNC: Bernie? Never heard of her.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

FistEnergy posted:

lmao I should be mad but I am completely truthfully, just 100% giddy and ready for the destruction of the Democratic party

I kind of morosely/perversely want to see what would happen if they did a an actual ratfuck on Bernie at the convention with the superdelegates

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

E: dunno Wtf happened here

kazr has issued a correction as of 00:10 on Feb 5, 2020

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

I've said this like a dozen times in the last day or so but it's all just so loving stupid

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

I mean, COME ON

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Call me crazy, but I did not take my money away from Bernie on PredictIt when these results were released and I doubled my bet when he fell down to 30.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

whats predictit look like right now im halfway tempted to try and shove money in there because i gott expect that the idiots are assuming buttigieg is free money right now

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I just put 30 bucks on Pete losing Iowa with 3 to 1 odds and when Bernie wins I'm donating it to him.

where did you make that bet?

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

they are at best going to drag this out long enough to smear Bernie for trying to tamper the election with their own count not matching, and for the news cycle crown our rat king

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
AOC needs to enter the time chamber in dbz and power up for a few years inside so she's old enough to be vp for 2020 Bernie.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Buttigieg/Warren ticket is their plan C.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Results so far

Bernie/Pete are tied in delegates

Warren has 4

Everyone else has zero

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

Lol imagine Buttigieg/Hillary

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Qurnah posted:

wait poo poo I mean 2:1 I'm bad at gambling terms

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Qurnah posted:

Probably PredictIt.org

Bernie "yes" trading at 32, Buttguy "no" trading at 33

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5241/Who-will-win-the-2020-Iowa-Democratic-caucuses

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/jsephfroot/status/1224828385261694982?s=20

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

FistEnergy posted:

this actually owns, the DNC is so incompetent they can't even do corruption right and even less people are going to trust them, and also bernie wins anyway

meanolmrcloud
Apr 5, 2004

rock out with your stock out

butts demographic weaknesses don’t matter when you have the perfect vessel into which you can pour a shitload of corporate money and media hype into. at least until the general.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:rip:

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
Someone post me that twitter post where it was all the weird poo poo happening with Butt and Acronym and poo poo? I've got a friend who doesn't pay as much attention looking at me like I'm in a cult now.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Some Guy TT posted:

whats predictit look like right now im halfway tempted to try and shove money in there because i gott expect that the idiots are assuming buttigieg is free money right now

They have it about 66 Buttigieg and 33 Bernie

But what's more interesting is the overall state of the race

:prepop:

Semisomnum
Aug 22, 2006

Half Asleep

I wonder if they consulted with the Sanders campaign specifically to figure out how to get a 62% that favored Pete. I sincerely hate how much the DNC is making me feel like an unhinged conspiracy theorist.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
*taps the sign*

(the sign says Bernie or Bust)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i must have missed the announcement that medical science mastered brain transplants

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

I've been telling all of you, the ratfuck didn't work. It's time is past and trying to do it now will be ineffective at best

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/RadoStefanoff/status/1224627643603046402?s=20

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

net cafe scandal posted:

The Buttigieg/Warren ticket is their plan C.

Interesting move. If you combine their minority support you probably start getting close to double digits.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
gonna drop another 200 on bernie in iowa because if butt was winning they'd have been done counting by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

can't strut the Butt