Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

there will never be more than 62%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

christmas boots posted:

Who gives a poo poo? I'm voting for Bernie in November whether he's on the ballot or not.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chuka Umana posted:

Are we getting more than 62% today?

just be grateful for the numbers we gave you, peasant

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chuka Umana posted:

no.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Raccooon posted:

Does Pete have a second state he polls well in at all?

i think he might see some older white voters who were tentatively biden go over to him. maybe enough to give him a boost a bit in the northeast. media will push him hard as well. but he will never get black vote, the black vote will either remain with biden or go bernie.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

I haven't been in CSPAM for 12hrs. How's it going here? What's the feel in the room?

Me? Well I didn't sleep at all last night and today at work I was trying to hold in my laughter at how at loving stupid this is and how suspicious it is and how it's no wonder that faith in democratic institutions is eroding and conspiracy theories spread like wild fire.

Also laughing at how half of Trump's slam dunks are from Democrats passing him the ball. Like I'm imagining Democrats passing the ball through the court, working up a sweat, then accidentally tossing it to Trump who is perched idly next to the hoop.

Now I'm mad as hell and we don't even know if Bernie lost.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

kaleedity posted:

there will never be more than 62%

papersack
Jul 27, 2003

Chuka Umana posted:

We're getting 69

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Just give me 7% more you pieces of poo poo

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004
Im feeling good

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Are more numbers really going out at 7 or did they just lie to us as usual

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

there is an argument to be made that it’s expected for these partial results to favor not-Bernie, since even on normal election nights the big urban areas tend to take longer to report

of course this whole thing has been such a sketchy shitshow they don’t get the benefit of the doubt

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
wait, where are we at now

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bawfuls posted:

there is an argument to be made that it’s expected for these partial results to favor not-Bernie, since even on normal election nights the big urban areas tend to take longer to report

of course this whole thing has been such a sketchy shitshow they don’t get the benefit of the doubt

Yeah that's the "this is fine" argument under these circumstances

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

We live in a three fifths democracy, it's what the founders wanted

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Woodchip posted:

wait, where are we at now

*points at thread title*

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

christmas boots posted:

Who gives a poo poo? I'm voting for Bernie in November whether he's on the ballot or not.

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Modest Mao posted:

the coasts are the ones loving up the world no hillbilly in rural georgia ever made a dime off sanctioning Iran or crashing the housing market YOU DOLT

I am in metro ATL so yes I guess I'm not rural

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

bawfuls posted:

The map of unreported counties is scattered out and matches the map of counties that polled strongly Bernie

Mean Baby
May 28, 2005

bawfuls posted:

They literally stopped reporting at 62%, presumably indefinitely as we haven’t heard from the IDP.

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

This is some atypical poo poo

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

It was a blurb from long before the results were posted that they forgot to remove until an hour or two after the results were posted, based on the https://www.archive.is history

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i think he might see some older white voters who were tentatively biden go over to him. maybe enough to give him a boost a bit in the northeast. media will push him hard as well. but he will never get black vote, the black vote will either remain with biden or go bernie.

Isn't their game just to sap delegates from Sanders in different ways in different states and then unite against him at the convention? It doesn't have to be an actual candidate who's viable against him everywhere, does it?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Feldegast42 posted:

the website says "RESULTS WILL START AFTER 7 PM CST" but that pretty obviously means yesterday.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

man the dems look/are terrible

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

christmas boots posted:

:same:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

christmas boots posted:

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

BeefThief posted:

man the dems look/are terrible

it really is something else

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
how does butt egg have more delegates when Bernie won the first and second allocations

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Oh btw one of the conspiracy theories circulating around the ground in Iowa is that the dems did this on purpose in order to take away Iowa's first in the nation standing. While this is probably not true I'll imagine it will run far and wide due to the chaos, and given Iowa really cares about that its gonna reflect in the election.

Long story short -- not only did the dems kill their last shred of legitimacy last night, they just ensured an already redding state goes blood red from now on.

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

bawfuls posted:

But the votes were counted long ago. Unless you suppose it takes longer to add bigger numbers or something.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

bawfuls posted:

they shouldnt be reporting partial figured at all, frankly

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Yeah, two hours later and no update or any time line for an update. Presumably they should have at least another hundred or two precincts done now.

Qurnah
May 9, 2008

every treumpo you take
and every trumoe you make
Grimey Drawer

NofrikinfuN posted:

they shouldnt be reporting partial figured at all, frankly

how would that help mayor buttmutt/stop sanders?

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
https://mobile.twitter.com/homo_demon/status/1224680605750710272

TOMMY PROVOLONE
Jul 30, 2014

I am the sun. The moon.

bernie is on

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Getting redder. Getting madder. Shedding clothes as we speak

khazar sansculotte
May 14, 2004

ex post facho posted:

how does butt egg have more delegates when Bernie won the first and second allocations

The Iowa caucuses are a state level electoral college system

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Feldegast42 posted:

Oh btw one of the conspiracy theories circulating around the ground in Iowa is that the dems did this on purpose in order to take away Iowa's first in the nation standing. While this is probably not true I'll imagine it will run far and wide due to the chaos, and given Iowa really cares about that its gonna reflect in the election.

Long story short -- not only did the dems kill their last shred of legitimacy last night, they just ensured an already redding state goes blood red from now on.

that's the dumbest thing, who loving cares about iowa