Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

ex post facho posted:

how does butt egg have more delegates when Bernie won the first and second allocations

creative rounding and coin flips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

gently caress.

uncertainty
Aug 8, 2011

Ronald McReagan posted:

Dependent variable = precincts reporting
Independent variables = % of SDEs for each of Sanders, Biden, Butt, Warren.

Thanks!

In that case I would say there does seem to be some pattern there but it is hard to interpret what it means. One could be selective reporting for what looks good, the other could be places that are simpler to report more likely to be voting for buttigieg / warren.The effect isn't large so I wouldn't draw too strong conclusions, but regardless of the reason why that pattern is in the data, if it isn't random noise that looks good for Bernie because both interpretations suggest that Buttigieg is looking as good as he does now due to him doing better in places that have reported more as compared to places that have reported less..

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

that's the dumbest thing, who loving cares about iowa

After today, loving no one

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

working on my "[enter blue candidate here] won't stop endless war, close the concentration camps, enact medicare for all, forgive all student loan debt, regulate wall street, support a living wage, or end the prison industrial system so how are they better than trump?" lines in case the ratfucking is successful and i have to explain to all the succ libs in my life why i'm still voting for bernie

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Wonder where the Bernie campaign internal vote count is at right now

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Feldegast42 posted:

Oh btw one of the conspiracy theories circulating around the ground in Iowa is that the dems did this on purpose in order to take away Iowa's first in the nation standing. While this is probably not true I'll imagine it will run far and wide due to the chaos, and given Iowa really cares about that its gonna reflect in the election.

Long story short -- not only did the dems kill their last shred of legitimacy last night, they just ensured an already redding state goes blood red from now on.
this is entirely intentional, they'd rather the entire country go red rather than piss off the donors who aren't even paying their 30 pieces of silver lately

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Iowaians, also cows

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

ex post facho posted:

how does butt egg have more delegates when Bernie won the first and second allocations

they had to take a couple away from bernie. penalized for lack of unity

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

ex post facho posted:

the iowa caucus has the delegate equivalent of the electoral college that disproportionately represents rural whites.

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

idiots who vote for people in the lead so they can be on the winning team

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

For 2024, they should hire Republicans to organize Democratic caucuses.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

please just release 7% more DNC

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/LeftCutie/status/1224822389546082304?s=19

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ash1138 posted:

working on my "[enter blue candidate here] won't stop endless war, close the concentration camps, enact medicare for all, forgive all student loan debt, regulate wall street, support a living wage, or end the prison industrial system so how are they better than trump?" lines in case the ratfucking is successful and i have to explain to all the succ libs in my life why i'm still voting for bernie

"Yes they totally will!":smug:

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

The dems are dumb as poo poo

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

amaru_chulla
Sep 3, 2019

by Nyc_Tattoo

Homeless Friend posted:

Where is logikv9, his boy won

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im voting for trump because im scared of bernie

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

6 electoral votes, 2 senators, and 4 house seats?

Of which now we will hold onto maybe 1 house seat and ensure Steve "Mighty 14" King stays in the house?

Hey, remember the hog castrating lady? Shes up for senate election this year, you know.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I've literally been to card game tournaments with hundreds of players reporting scores 4-8 times a day that managed to be better run than the DNC Iowa caucus

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Can't believe threeolives is gonna be the nominee wow

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
bernie's giving a speech in new hampshire in an hour and 40 minutes and he's gonna lay out some kickass rhetoric for how we're gonna get people on this winning team.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Iowa cares a lot about the millions of dollars dumped into it every four years. Without first in the nation status nobody will spend anything in Iowa and the Dems lose another 2 senators forever

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Thoguh posted:

Yeah, two hours later and no update or any time line for an update. Presumably they should have at least another hundred or two precincts done now.

you've crack pinged since last night. welcum.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

BeefThief posted:

im voting for trump because im scared of bernie
this is going to be the liberal playbook if they can't ratfuck bernie enough to remove his nom i guarantee it

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

bernie's giving a speech in new hampshire in an hour and 40 minutes and he's gonna lay out some kickass rhetoric for how we're gonna get people on this winning team.

he;s live now

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

on election nights they will report results as they come in. but this? :iiam:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Pete's gonna vote for Trump in the general

Rogue Copter Pilot
Apr 12, 2005

a dead whale or a stove boat

Modest Mao posted:

he;s live now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPgbciLnbAs

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
im gonna tell everyone i see in new hampshire on sunday that they should vote for the person who got the most votes in iowa, Bernard Sanders.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Ash1138 posted:

Point out the string of legislative victories Trump has won with Democratic votes, sometimes on bills they didnt even need the Democrats to pass

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Modest Mao posted:

he;s live now

oops

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Feldegast42 posted:

6 electoral votes, 2 senators, and 4 house seats?

Of which now we will hold onto maybe 1 house seat and ensure Steve "Mighty 14" King stays in the house?

Hey, remember the hog castrating lady? Shes up for senate election this year, you know.

The DNC can't even count and you expect them to be able to flip districts?

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

Nix Panicus posted:

Iowa cares a lot about the millions of dollars dumped into it every four years. Without first in the nation status nobody will spend anything in Iowa and the Dems lose another 2 senators forever

Aren't both Iowa senators Republicans?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Looking at the data now and it's saying ... I won?? But I didn't even run!

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nix Panicus posted:

they're entirely kept afloat by corn subsidies

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShadowIncHQ/status/1151871291873484800

wow... democrats' incredible high-tech consultants invented... email distribution lists

lol I'm struggling to get cash together so I can go cover actual important issues in southern Utah and the Navajo Nation, these guys get half a million dollars to reinvent the loving wheel

neutral milf hotel
Oct 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
lol at everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

without iowa being first in the nation we can finally end corn subsidies that have led to corn syrup in loving everything and an obesity epidemic