Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
In what world is it a good idea to release results in the way the DNC did? Like, this is the stupidest poo poo. Last night was stupid as gently caress and then they go about release results in the dumbest loving way possible. Every time I think "Boy this couldn't get any stupider" I once again prove myself the fool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

slopJoe 2020330 posted:

they could have gotten custom stationery. fancy paper. written the numbers on it. and then driven it to the state capital. that's the level of effort required.

legally speaking, facsimile transmission aka a "fax" has legal precedent to transmit prescriptions and other secure documents and machines are able to handle a bunch coming in at once

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/Controversyz/status/1224880154360467456

lmao

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

net work error posted:

So is the final tally out yet or what? I see lots of doom posting in places but don't know why.

c-spam will doompost at the drop of a hat so probably shouldn't put too much stock into that

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lol she linked to the source (ABC), and this loving framing:

Biden, who has polled strongly nationally among blacks, a key Democratic constituency – had to contend with comparative lack of racial or ethnic diversity among Iowa caucus-goers. Ninety-one percent were white. That said, among the comparatively few nonwhite caucus-goers, Sanders won 43%. His competitors were clumped distantly - Buttigieg, 15% among nonwhites; Biden, 13%; Warren and entrepreneur Andrew Yang, 12% apiece.

:shepface:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

GrimGypsy posted:

Animorphs photoshop of pete turning into a rat please

https://twitter.com/onionweigher/status/1224888476514050049?s=19

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

natural result of the huge media pressure trying to libel sanders as racist/sexist/etc

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
That rat is way too cute for him

a helpful bear
Aug 18, 2004

Slippery Tilde

stavvy baby

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
y'all need to keep your eyes on the prize and stop flipping out

sanders is going to be the nominee, doesn't matter what the dnc does to try to stop him

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

whatis posted:

not sure how exactly they're tallying this, but i'm guessing the 2nd choice is drastically inflating pete's numbers here

Not drastically, but yeah Pete is more people's second choice than Bernie is

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Eat This Glob posted:

I've lived my entire life in iowa and nh. i paid money out of my pocket for a college degree in political science. all i do is read about politics because i hate myself. i welcome you to visit this summer because I'm going to a rammstein concert. you can tell me about the german language and I'll make poo poo up about caucuses. deal?

Dude rammstein tickets are usually sold out after 10 minutes on the entire European continent, I know people who went to Russia to see them. I'll get back to you on that.

Dog Toothbrush
Oct 21, 2019

by Reene

Apraxin posted:

can you articulate this, because apart from anything else i'm not seeing how half the federal judiciary being made up of forty-something federalist-society-secret-lab-grown loons who've been unanimously rated as 'unqualified, deranged, and possibly homicidal' by the bar association and whose prior experience was being part of the conservative legal blogosphere in the aughts, writing about the danger posed to christian america by the homo-islamic menace, is going to help anyone or anything at all

decorum poisoned neolibs aren’t any safeguard against nazis in SCOTUS or the judiciary, and a blue wave is more likely under another 4 years of trump. plus, we’re more likely to get a better dem choice in 2024, versus 8 years of butt ensuring climate death

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Raccooon posted:

Wow didn't realize Limbaugh is wheelchair bound now

hope he shows up in a neck brace

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Son of Rodney posted:

Here in Germany elections are done 100 percent on paper and we have first results about 4 hours after voting done, and final the next morning.

How are there still no results for this. Lmao America.

Our elections actually went faster when it was all on paper but then some consultant decided what we really needed was to have 80 year old grandmas trying to decipher technology

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

this country is deeply, deeply diseased

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Has anyone addressed the elephant in the room of the fact that the DNC expected the caucus runners to use an app for this, who are basically clones of Biden and Warren? Because uh, it seems, ya know, bad.

Seriously every single person holding the delegate paper at a caucus looked like this:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

Has anyone addressed the elephant in the room of the fact that the DNC expected the caucus runners to use an app for this, who are basically clones of Biden and Warren? Because uh, it seems, ya know, bad.

Seriously every single person holding the delegate paper at a caucus looked like this:

Earlier news drop was that the DNC forced it on Iowa lol

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Sir Tonk posted:

y'all need to keep your eyes on the prize and stop flipping out

sanders is going to be the nominee, doesn't matter what the dnc does to try to stop him

I'm just so disappointed in my country

I'm just so disappointed in myself

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

paul_soccer12 posted:

If you vote for trump in the general you are a loving idiot.
Just write in Bernie

#VoteBernieNoMatterWho

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

Single and LOVING IT posted:

Apologies if already posted, this thread moves quickly.

KCCI

They're asking for voter registrations because, if you weren't listed on the voter roll, that's how you got into the caucus. Voter registration could be updated night of. If they want to count headcounts that way. It's stupid, but makes sense in that context.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Robotnik Nudes posted:

if Bernie doesn’t win there’s no “functional opposition” to vote for.

wait till you see what the GOP does with 2 more SC noms

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/JockoPotato/status/1224842934698356736?s=19

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Raccooon posted:

Earlier news drop was that the DNC forced it on Iowa lol

Hold up, what?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Jewel Repetition posted:

Hold up, what?

pretty sure all the DNC takeover stuff is sourced from one tweet

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

controlled ineptly opposition

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

old news paul_soccer, step up your game!

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Jewel Repetition posted:

Hold up, what?

They were just gonna phone in the results, but the DNC thought that was too insecure because of faked phones or something? I donno

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

bird with big dick posted:

lol as if Dems will ever get fill those seats without bernie

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ever since you lost the blood stained israel soccer flag that I may be imagining you once had you've fallen in posting power

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

forgot why I was making this a third of the way through, postin it anyway

Serf
May 5, 2011

bird with big dick posted:

i mean at that point there's no way out but revolution

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Hold up, what?

i can't find the tweet, but someone from the iowa democratic party said they presented a couple solutions for recording more information in the caucuses to the DNC involving phoning in results, but the DNC pressed for something different

this caused even more problems last night because when people started phoning results in, they were put on hold for hours because the iowa democratic party stopped paying for a lot of their extra phone lines lmfao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

im mad

Coatlicue
Sep 14, 2012

it doesn't matter
how fast or how far,
you're still runnin' like a fool
https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/1224843132560379905?s=19

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Trabisnikof posted:

lol as if Dems will ever get fill those seats without bernie

the dems wouldn't fill those seats even with bernie

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Tetracube posted:

forgot why I was making this a third of the way through, postin it anyway

Lol irl

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Raccooon posted:

They stopped reporting at 62%. They batched release that 62% with Butt just ahead and then nothing since then. Looks loving shady as hell.

I hope those of you who still expected, after a punted poll, a delayed announcement of the votes, and complete radio silence, that somehow the democracts would release the totals by 7pm, are now a least a little more ready for the fact that Tankies Are Always Right

The Archaic
Jul 6, 2003

Are you a consultant archaeologist in North America?

Unionize today!

PM me and ask me how your future can be history!
More results in 1 hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/anotheracronym/status/1223024681554522112?s=20