Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Raccooon posted:

Gonna watch the fight song again to fully piss myself off.

This ones for Hillary

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

ex post facho posted:

hmm or maybe we just stack the court to prevent two illegitimate appointees from influencing court decisions

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Colonel J posted:

This app poo poo could have been handled by a spreadsheet on Google docs.

With time to debug, I know 1st year CS students who could easily have pulled that app off.

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant wait for a non bernie dem presidency to nominate merrick garland again for scotus after rbg dies 3 seconds into the new administration

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

The Iowa results are rollin' in folks! Data suggests that the Democrats are completely inept and still sick total rear end!

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Demostrs posted:

i cant wait for a non bernie dem presidency to nominate merrick garland again for scotus after rbg dies 3 seconds into the new administration

You are getting Bernie or Trump so dont worry about this fever dream

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Jewel Repetition posted:

Hold up, what?

I didn't find the original tweet about this, but here's this article from the NYT:

quote:

DES MOINES — The app that the Iowa Democratic Party commissioned to tabulate and report results from the caucuses on Monday was not properly tested at a statewide scale, said people who were briefed on the app by the state party.

It was quickly put together in just the past two months, said the people, some of whom asked to remain anonymous because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

And the party decided to use the app only after another proposal for reporting votes — which entailed having caucus participants call in their votes over the phone — was abandoned, on the advice of Democratic National Committee officials, according to David Jefferson, a board member of Verified Voting, a nonpartisan election integrity organization.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/03/us/politics/iowa-caucus-app.html

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Someone make an edit to a gif of the pizza rat but make the rat the rat and the pizza Medicare for all

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:patriot:

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

I watched this 20 times.

I have changed my view on bullying. Its good.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
lmao trump

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i am NOT watching the sotu

is bernie prez yet

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Rats are legit wonderful animals with adorable personalities and yes I will be the one guy concern trolling about Pete reflecting poorly on them. Same with snakes for that matter. I wish we went the inanimate scum route with these people instead of bringing cute animals into this. I used to have rats and they are literally the opposite of whatever Pete is :(

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
If thousands of live rats just happen to get released at a Pete rally, is that a crime

Asking for a friend

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1224829895773212672

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
the results are being released at midnight

GrimGypsy
Mar 27, 2007

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

kill ur boyfriend, chasten, for the good of democracy and all mankind

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

C-SPAN Caller posted:

You are getting Bernie or Trump so dont worry about this fever dream

im sure whoever runs in 2024 and beyond will do the exact same thing if they win, putting the court at 8 conservative justices and 1 conservative justice obama wanted

good thing trump will cancel those elections

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
A Bernie Fight Song version with Danny DeVito, Killer Mike, Cardi B, Dave Bautista and Eric Andre

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

C-SPAN Caller posted:

You basically only can make the SCOTUS rule favorably for leftists with enough fear in the establishment through direct action.

They ruled in favor of gay marriage with loving obama as potus. Stop loving acting like the courts have never favored social or economic reform. It's all about the delegates that are appointed, not about the institution as a whole. Why do you think FDR appointed like 13, why do you think republicans blocked Obama's appointment and forced through Kavenaugh?

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001

Snake Dance posted:

Can we call this the Butt gently caress or what

hmm lol

Epic High Five posted:

the entire and singular purpose of the SCOTUS is to enhance the powers of violence to enforce the status quo, it has never and will never stand against this, it is an illegitimate branch that should be dissolved entirely and its members put on trial

nah. tribunals are necessary.

Demostrs posted:

Garland had one of the most progressive Martin-Quinn ratings of any appellate judge in the nation when he was nominated.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1224787809317326848

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1224748844644274177

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1224717635931320327

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

it's literally as evil an institution as the presidency in terms of body count and boots on necks in American history but because it's not the POTUS and it isn't just one person, every piece of coverage on it is "many sides many sides"

like the absolute minimum compromise is expanding it to 39 justices, anything less is just laughable liberalism

Friendly reminder that probably the closest to the most leftist SCOTUS rendered Korematsu v. United States and, therefore, the SCOTUS has always been a crypto-fascist to openly fascist tool of the Executive and Legislative branches.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Eifert Posting posted:

They ruled in favor of gay marriage with loving obama as potus. Stop loving acting like the courts have never favored social or economic reform. It's all about the delegates that are appointed, not about the institution as a whole. Why do you think FDR appointed like 13, why do you think republicans blocked Obama's appointment and forced through Kavenaugh?

Most of those rulings during the civil rights era had great direct action to force them to happen no matter what. SCOTUS doing a few good things doesnt erase the hundreds bad.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
cant wait to find out all the other skeletons in Pete's closet

Ages
Feb 20, 2005

Its just half the puffin juice and the puffin lives and doesnt mind. I promise!
Fun Shoe

writing was on the wall this whole time

https://twitter.com/alexwolinetz/status/1224884034268024837?s=20

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Tetracube posted:

forgot why I was making this a third of the way through, postin it anyway

The more I look at this, the better it gets

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

i'm glad i get to like glen greenwald again. who knows for how long, but

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

The more I look at this, the better it gets

Yeah honestly Bernie's team needs to take the mental view of they are Barbarians over running a bunch of decadent morons.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
im not sure how much we can rely on the opinions of a Bengals fan tbh

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

lol

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Raccooon posted:

Yeah honestly Bernie's team needs to take the mental view of they are Barbarians over running a bunch of decadent morons.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

https://twitter.com/IllyBocean/status/1224878008311275521?s=19

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
they're just gonna release the rest of the rural votes.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Deified Data posted:

Rats are legit wonderful animals with adorable personalities and yes I will be the one guy concern trolling about Pete reflecting poorly on them. Same with snakes for that matter. I wish we went the inanimate scum route with these people instead of bringing cute animals into this. I used to have rats and they are literally the opposite of whatever Pete is :(

I used to work at a pet store and I would always try to convince parents to get rats for their kids but they would always buy stupid bitey hamsters

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

lmao

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

MorrisBae posted:

If thousands of live rats just happen to get released at a Pete rally, is that a crime

Asking for a friend

Animal cruelty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/CarlBeijer/status/1224897773788594178?s=20