Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

ili posted:

Yeah but isn't it 25°C and a bunch of people die of heatstroke?

I dunno, I was making the joke that it is only one day of the year that qualifies as summer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Gromit posted:

I dunno, I was making the joke that it is only one day of the year that qualifies as summer.

Back in 06 the Scottish summer was so hot the roads were melting and the papers were moaning about their impending doom. It was about 36C for a few days. Association with their whingey cousins to South has made them softer than Scomo's character.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Venturing out in public beturbanned for the first time.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Lolie posted:

Venturing out in public beturbanned for the first time.

Rock it thread mum

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Stick some eyes and straws on it so you dont get swooped

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

respect for the turban move and doubly so because it’s sunsafe

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Turban with a full Akubra brim for ultimate sun safety

#freenvj

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Corona and dare iced coffee bottle caps, dangling from the brim to keep the flies away.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

watch out lolie, turban posters are horribly persecuted on SA forums, perma banned unjustly by old unfunny mods

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

mods seemingly don’t read this thread but expect us to follow their rules in it to some extent. There’s only like 7 regular posters ITT we should self govern free of American interference. It’d also be ok if we had an Australian mod (not necessarily of GBS) as a Governor General figure of the thread.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

If NVJ wanted a free pass he should've just arranged to do meth with one of the mods.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
its a credit to the thread that even with the dramas that have gone down it never got so spicy in here that it needed an IK.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
NVJ letting the mods snack on meat from the case at kambah IGA deli

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

McSpergin posted:

Turban with a full Akubra brim for ultimate sun safety

#freenvj

They actually sell something like that for chemo patients. I bought one for when I'm going to be outside for any length of time.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

ili posted:

If NVJ wanted a free pass he should've just arranged to do meth with one of the mods.

wait is this how it works? How did caredresser wind up permad then?

Goddamn Particle
Oct 10, 2013

Fan of Britches
Rock that turban Lolie :shobon:

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Old bloke we made friends with at the pub offered to help us tile our upstairs bathroom and I expected to at least have to help a little bit bc he’s retired and tiles are heavy but the sneaky son of a bitch pointed out some weeds in my front garden right after I offered to carry them upstairs and by the time I’d pulled em out he’d already done the entire job minus grouting and waterproofing wtf

I wish I was as good as anything as this dude was at tiling

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I made this tomato and roast veg based pasta sauce with chicken thighs, chorizo and bacon for work and it's lasted me 8 days and cost me $40.

We had a work lunch the other week comped cos our out of towners were in town and there was some leftover Lebanese garlic sauce and I've been putting that on it and boy howdy has that been a loving great idea

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Slowly telling everyone at work that I've quit

Today was the accounting guy

Might tell the fitters later in the week, it's hard to pick them in a good mood because they're always both loving miserable

Understandably - one lives off like $600 a month for all his normal costs like food after paying rent, the other is mortgaged to his eyeballs and has (in my opinion) a bipolar wife

Gotta pick em at.the right time to tell em

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

To clarify: south African fitter and wife moved here, bought house, then bought another house

They own like $1.2m of property on a combined income of probably $100-120k, and also own 3 vehicles and a boat

It's no wonder he's always miserable lol

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Old bloke we made friends with at the pub offered to help us tile our upstairs bathroom and I expected to at least have to help a little bit bc he’s retired and tiles are heavy but the sneaky son of a bitch pointed out some weeds in my front garden right after I offered to carry them upstairs and by the time I’d pulled em out he’d already done the entire job minus grouting and waterproofing wtf

The nicest thing you can do for a tiler is give them the big tube of voltarin at morning smoko and tell him to hang onto it

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

That’s a good idea we got lots of arthritis and joint poo poo like that bc of mrs turnbeugs medical condition I tried to slide him some beers but it turns out he’s a white wine man and we have a whole fridge full of that as well so he’s getting something but he refuses to take anything we don’t already have lying around the house bless his heart

He won’t even take any money for materials bc he’s doing a room in his house and apparently his wife hated the tiles he picked out so he just has a bunch on hand he needs to get rid of

Jezza of OZPOS fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 5, 2020

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

wait is this how it works? How did caredresser wind up permad then?

Well instead of arranging to do meth with one of the mods he tried to check a mentally unstable girl out of a psych ward to have sex in a disabled toilet.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Isaac posted:

its a credit to the thread that even with the dramas that have gone down it never got so spicy in here that it needed an IK.

i love the fact this thread in particular has good enough vibes most of the nasty cunts stay well clear or bail out. yall are amazing.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm eating a meal from Uber Eats only kitchen called Supreme Leader, its Korean fried chicken, its branded after a horrible regime and its real good

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
Hoping for a turkish civil war to up the local pide game via refugees

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

well why not posted:

mods seemingly don’t read this thread but expect us to follow their rules in it to some extent. There’s only like 7 regular posters ITT we should self govern free of American interference. It’d also be ok if we had an Australian mod (not necessarily of GBS) as a Governor General figure of the thread.

#freeNVJ so that they may protect us from the most violent of J and wrath of the humourless 😔

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Watching old af tradies who have mastered their profession is a very soothing youtube hole to fall down.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Caesar Saladin posted:

I'm eating a meal from Uber Eats only kitchen called Supreme Leader, its Korean fried chicken, its branded after a horrible regime and its real good

I've heard about them, my sister's ex mentioned them when I was in Toowoomba for grandma's funeral. Didn't get a chance to try it

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

tardwrangler posted:

Hoping for a turkish civil war to up the local pide game via refugees

Istanbul in Parra does the best pide imo

NPR Journalizard posted:

Watching old af tradies who have mastered their profession is a very soothing youtube hole to fall down.

I've been down there a lot

I also like watching AvE because of his unique canuckistani tradie dialect,it's choice as

"Oyeah, that's proper skookum there"

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Triple J is doing hottest 100 of 2010's and it's our God given right to vote for only n**gas in Paris by Kanye and Jay-Z and guillotine by death grips

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

I’ll do no such thing and in fact I’m going there to nominate every song off dark twisted fantasy through a series of vpns to spite you right now

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Having strong opinions in public about mid career Kanye albums bc it’s my birthday and I legally cannot be owned today

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Dark twisted fantasy is certainly the best album of the 2010s.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
That or Channel Orange

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Power tripping on telling students to tuck their shirt in

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Channel orange is pretty good. Cant think of something better off the top of my head

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Jestery posted:

Power tripping on telling students to tuck their shirt in

You could be a supermarket manager

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

mid career Kanye was a ride and a half. I liked when he followed his sad lonely electronic phase with a style that only could’ve described as hedonistic excess made audio. Hip Hop to listen to in a castle. Awesome poo poo, shame what happened to his brain.

Mental illness is no joke but I guess this thread knows that well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qaO-i5rD9Y

This is just glorious.