Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Don't people love their RDR2 horses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
can't remember what fairly recent game i'm thinking of, but you could unlock (or buy?) a fox skin for your dog in it. might have been an ubisoft game?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I don't see how, any time I try to play that game I turn around and my horse has disappeared. it's like loving your car in gta5

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Jay Rust posted:

I was thinking more along the lines of, like how racist / sexist / homophobic / transphobic is it?

moderately racist, very sexist, a dash of homophobia, no transphobia that i recall (that was vice city stories)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

loving out this on Steam so I can play it forever and ever easily instead of having a jank emulated setup for it.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My dear, sweet, chonky boi Hamstack took me through drat near all of that game. :unsmith:

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Assassin's Creed let you make your camel look like a nightmare inducing chocobo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Sands Of Time owns. Can't believe I passed this over, along with a bunch of other 2003 titles, because it wasn't dark enough. gently caress 15 year old me.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
did Rarity never find the February thread

I was looking forward to the Radiant Dawn wrapup post

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Can someone recommend video game podcasts with episodes or series centered around specific video games? I used to listen to Watch out for fireballs but not interested in paying for their episodes. I'd like something to listen to at work (VLPs are bit too hard to follow)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

How Did This Get Played, perhaps?
Retronauts

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

i needs must go home and play ffxiv but I'm at work rip

I think I'm almost at heavensward, it looks like I'm maybe fighting Shiva soon or something. I wasn't expecting so many story quests between the end of A Realm Reborn/Heavensward (but I spent like a week only doing gathering/crafting jobs so I guess that slowed me down)

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

Can they really not understand that the whole reason Rockstar puts out such massively successful selling games is because they take years to make, along with very careful marketing to generate hype? You cant do any of those things if you just rush out games quickly, and even with the long development times, their employees are still basically exploited and abused for profit. People will turn on them, we've seen this happening with Blizzard because they are rushing games out the door now.

This was a while back but I don't think it's strictly true. Before GTAV launched RS was pumping out great games every two years or so. Since GTAV they've done... GTAO content. And RDR2 which I think most people agree would've been far better if they spent less time on it. That game is so bogged down in unnecessary poo poo.

The times they are a-changing, and games take longer to make than they did on the PS2, but I don't think RS games would suddenly stop having fun stories and gameplay if they stripped them back a little.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

i needs must go home and play ffxiv but I'm at work rip

I think I'm almost at heavensward, it looks like I'm maybe fighting Shiva soon or something. I wasn't expecting so many story quests between the end of A Realm Reborn/Heavensward (but I spent like a week only doing gathering/crafting jobs so I guess that slowed me down)

Shiva fight is sweet

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

also the crystal tower stuff was cool I hope there's more nero

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

also the crystal tower stuff was cool I hope there's more nero
You're In Luck

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Songbearer posted:

Something I think Western games lack in comparison to Japan's games is the horrible absence of customisable animal sidekicks

Monster Hunter has Palicos (and Poogies)
Phantasy Star has MAGs
MGSV had D-DOG and D-HORSE

Fallout has Dogmeat and Dragon Age had a dog but they count as party members rather than a constant companion

Warframe has Space Dogs and Space Cats, various drones and Cute Robots, all customizable

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Have any of you ever cried over something sad happening in a video game? If so, what and why? I feel dumb for having cried at some game stuff but I also feel like games that do try to go for that kind of emotional response end up being kinda heavy handed in their attempts. Of course it is also influenced by how you express your emotions and feelings, too.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

very sad about several ff14 cyber elves

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sore throats are just the absolute worst

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Disposable Scud posted:

Sands Of Time owns. Can't believe I passed this over, along with a bunch of other 2003 titles, because it wasn't dark enough. gently caress 15 year old me.

The Princes' voice in SoT is just so hot

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What's an ff14 cyber elf, I'm only familiar with mega man zero cyber elves

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

FirstAidKite posted:

Have any of you ever cried over something sad happening in a video game? If so, what and why? I feel dumb for having cried at some game stuff but I also feel like games that do try to go for that kind of emotional response end up being kinda heavy handed in their attempts. Of course it is also influenced by how you express your emotions and feelings, too.

The end of Walking Dead season 1, the end of Life Is Strange, the end of Senua's Sacrifice, the first level of Tetris Effect in VR on my first playthrough and the end of Mafia 1

All of these with the exception of Tetris are extremely good at getting you attached to their characters and I am prone to *-my immersion-*ing but TWD and LiS1 both did the same to my wife

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

i was 13 when i played final fantasy 7 so you can guess what made me emotional!!!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

i was 13 when i played final fantasy 7 so you can guess what made me emotional!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I really fancied some stress free gaming last night so I played through most of Doom 2 with god mode and noclip on and then started uncharted lost legacy on the easiest difficulty. Fun times.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

stress free gaming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqSqE6EoMBY

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

maybe Tifa should mind her own loving business???

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Grapplejack posted:

I can't believe MK is out, that game literally just came out

also lol at granblue, horny gacha games get fighters now??

It's been pretty interesting reading interviews of Granblue people or people that work with them, because the recurring theme is that they've wanted to make "real" games all along and the whole mobage thing is pretty much just so they could acquire a gigantic cushion of money to fund them unhindered.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I have usually had a good time playing NRS games but i think they're some of the least interesting to watch in a tournament setting.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Rinkles posted:

can't remember what fairly recent game i'm thinking of, but you could unlock (or buy?) a fox skin for your dog in it. might have been an ubisoft game?

foxhound skin for diamond dog

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
https://twitter.com/Ouren/status/1224851637069631489

:eyepop:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

The interracial family short story in Lost Odyssey from the first day I read it until the day I die.

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Barudak posted:

The interracial family short story in Lost Odyssey from the first day I read it until the day I die.

God, Lost Odyssey desperately needs a rerelease.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

BisbyWorl posted:

God, Lost Odyssey desperately needs a rerelease.

Its got a digital rerelease version on the Bone which is where I played it a year ago to discover I am in fact if anything more prone to tearing up to that story

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Unfortunately I'm checking the records and we're not allowed any more games with Odyssey in the title, not even remasters

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

GUI posted:

Yeah Max Payne 3 rules and its a better conclusion to the franchise than 2 was.

2 pages late but this is wrong. The game tossed out all the lessons learned from 2. The real ending is in Alan wake. Gameplay was dope though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Barudak posted:

i can't remember which one this is specifically but the two that always stick with me are the one about the irresponsible dad who wants to run away and adventure with kaim, and Bright Rain

oh and the ending of They Live In Shells