Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Echophonic posted:

I'm intrigued with the new Baruuk mods, making Desert Wind better might make him worth using for me. Anyone messed with it yet?

I've seen a bit of minor freaking out over how good the new Desert Wind augment will be, but I'm not entirely sure what it's meant to do in practice. Desert Wind kinda already murderates the living gently caress out of anything within range of its bus-sized blasts, especially if you build for Power so his Empty Hand daggers provide DR instead of building for Elude.
I guess that's the purpose? To help Elude builds not fall as far behind on Desert Wind kills?
I bought it anyway, I'm wondering if maybe it'll work against Liches and target their weakness elements.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
The Desert Wind aug is a relic of the old melee system. Status used to be really important for melee scaling because of old Condition Overload, and 5% on Desert Wind limited how far you could push Baruuk. It makes sense for people in the partner program to have suggested it in that context. It makes a little less sense for DE to release it 6+ months later in an environment where the ability no longer needs status to scale, but getting viral procs on top of the high base damage doesn't sound too awful.

gnoma fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 5, 2020

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Baruuk does not need help dealing damage. The only things that could really help are modifying the Restraint economy and "longer waves for Desert Wind."

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, the only ones I don't like are the ones I'm too impatient to learn.

I know Gara is incredible but I just don't caaaaaaare right now.

There's so many frames that not everything will gel and also you only have limited time on this earth.

Also if more people figure out Gara they might nerf her and I'll be sad.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
im insanely hype for gara deluxe

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Every punch with desert wind pulls enemies to the pint of impact and raggdolls them.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
How do we feel about iFlynn's stuff? I like him, but not sure if it's legit

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Guilty posted:

How do we feel about iFlynn's stuff? I like him, but not sure if it's legit

On this subject, how about Tactical Potato? I've watched a couple of his videos, and they seemed reasonableish.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

iFlynn and Tactical Potato are both p good and have been playing this game for a while. iFlynn took a break roun liches to avoid burnout, I'm saw that he made new ideos recently but havent checked them out. And I think potsto had some health problems or something and also isn't playing as much ut he still makes videos and keeps up with his commuinty.

They probably aren't going to be the first to discover or talk about anything new right now, but I think they are at the very least kept up to date. I like them both.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
iFlynn seems okay, but his beginner's guide completely failed when it touched modding. (plus a bunch of stuff about farming mods wasn't needed because goons).

Tactical Potatoe seems friendly and chatty.

Honestly, I wouldn't go to a youtuber for opinions on guns or frames anyway. Advice on how to do cool things with them sure, but not like "Is this bad?"

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

just ask goons in clan or the discord if a gun is good or not

while there's a few divisive weapons in the game you'll probably get an accurate appraisal of them

after a certain point how you prefer the handling of a weapon is probably going to matter more than whether its good or not, especially after you get past kind of the wasteland of everything <MR7

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Places to get advice for warframe:

Good Advice: Goon Discord
Bad Advice: Literally ANYWHERE ELSE. Subscriber count is not proportional to warframe skill. Streamers are just pubbies with an audience. They're usually dumb and usually give terrible advice.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Valentine's day pallet is in the store, time to paint all your frames PINK AF.

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

My pet peeve about warframe youtubers is how many of them use text to speech. It's bad folks

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

BMan posted:

My pet peeve about warframe youtubers is how many of them use text to speech. It's bad folks

counterpoint Shy is the best Warframe streamer or YouTube-r by a mile

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Tulip posted:

counterpoint Shy is the best Warframe streamer or YouTube-r by a mile
extremely :same: but also, warframe has an incredibly diverse playerbase and many people can't speak english all that well, even if they can write well thanks to years of computering

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

BMan posted:

Shy is literally mute.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Truga posted:

extremely :same: but also, warframe has an incredibly diverse playerbase and many people can't speak english all that well, even if they can write well thanks to years of computering

If the text showed up all at once, like in the description of the video, that would be super-handy. I wonder if that's a thing that can be done. (I get impatient.)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

yeah shy cant talk really

im not aware of anyone else that does it, its definitely nothing that bothers me because like most people on youtube sound like british daffy ducks if anything its a reprieve

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I really like XandyPants. He's got more presenter panache than most, and his builds and analysis are usually thoughtful and interesting. Also his DriftFrame series is fun.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
I used to like Brozime quite a lot. He had good build videos (none of that, "Here's the best build for the Soma Prime. It's built around this riven I have that you don't"). But after watching his last several videos especially the Warframe review I think he's just in the terminal stages of burnout.

I'll have to check out some of the other partners y'all have mentioned.

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

Berke Negri posted:

im not aware of anyone else that does it, its definitely nothing that bothers me because like most people on youtube sound like british daffy ducks if anything its a reprieve

I recently watched a video that had Triburous in it and he wasn't yelling and I didn't know he could be not annoying.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

Why does she have videos where she's talking on voice then, with other wf partners?

Or is that a different female voice or something. I figured the mute/text to speech thing was just part of her shtick.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

DelphiAegis posted:

Why does she have videos where she's talking on voice then, with other wf partners?

Or is that a different female voice or something. I figured the mute/text to speech thing was just part of her shtick.

In those cases that would be another player, otherwise she'd have several voices, she really can't talk.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Even in other gameplay videos she is talking with others using ingame text chat.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012
Quick question of etiquette, is it considered rude if I bring unrefined relics into a fissure? Does it risk loving up the drop tables for everyone or something?

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

mortons stork posted:

Quick question of etiquette, is it considered rude if I bring unrefined relics into a fissure? Does it risk loving up the drop tables for everyone or something?

No, it's pure bonus.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

mortons stork posted:

Each relic is rolled separately and doesn't effect or impede the others in any way, there are no downsides

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Yes! They are bringing back Goat Prime! I can now finally grind for the last piece.

Also I regret not getting Volt Prime, his haste turns any melee weapon into an unstoppable murder machine.

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

mortons stork posted:

In addition to the above replies: there are organized runs for when each person runs a radded relic (bumps the rare from 1% to 10% chance), called a radshare. These require explicit coordination, usually in recruit chat. If you have an uncommon relic that you have a low number of, then finding 3 other people who are willing to rad the same relic speeds up the process by a lot.

Radshares are usually posted like so: "[Meso N1 Relic] radshare 2/4", meaning that 2 players are already onboard to rad and run the Meso N1. The []s let you click on the relic name and see how many you have and what Primes they contain. E: usual way to sign up is to send "inv" to the person who sent the message.

Running unradded relics is a good source of passive primes right after unvaults and new Primes are released as many folks run them without radshares.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Feb 5, 2020

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

if you are going for the common drop it's even better to go with an unrefined relic

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
Kuva lich stole my sortie kuva. I am ever so pissed.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

mortons stork posted:

Nope. It's not uncommon for folks to regularly brings unrefined relics when they need to farm up traces to Rad the relics they want rares from, or are running low on forma.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

v1ld posted:

In addition to the above replies: there are organized runs for when each person runs a radded relic (bumps the rare from 1% to 10% chance), called a radshare. These require explicit coordination, usually in recruit chat. If you have an uncommon relic that you have a low number of, then finding 3 other people who are willing to rad the same relic speeds up the process by a lot.

Radshares are usually posted like so: "[Meso N1 Relic] radshare 2/4", meaning that 2 players are already onboard to rad and run the Meso N1. The []s let you click on the relic name and see how many you have and what Primes they contain. E: usual way to sign up is to send "inv" to the person who sent the message.

Running unradded relics is a good source of passive primes right after unvaults and new Primes are released as many folks run them without radshares.

im trying to get my unvaults finished and no one want to share :(

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
E: ^^^ I've found that in any given prime/unvaulting situation you get one weekend. During that weekend people are grinding rad/int shares nonstop and given a sufficient source (read: bounties) of relics you can pop everything you need in a few sittings. Unvaultings tend to have activity a bit longer than new primes, but either way after that weekend it's a descent into hell and you have to sit in the recruiting channel praying for long periods of time while you watch tv or whatever.

Mesadoram posted:

Also I regret not getting Volt Prime, his haste turns any melee weapon into an unstoppable murder machine.

Volt is, for my money, the single most useful frame in my arsenal. That being said, if you just want to be a cuisinart then both Wisp and Gauss have you covered there.

Bringing back Oberon and Nekros is confusing as hell. Oberon was vaulted less than a year ago and Nekros got given away recently. I don't know who at DE actively hates Trinity but please keep them away from the unvaulting meetings.

Mailer fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Feb 6, 2020

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
Goddamnit I just spent 200 plat on Oberon prime because I wanted to start eidolon hunting. Coulda waited a bit.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
You can eidolon hunt with any frame as long as you're not trying to do 3x3s. That said, oberon is my favorite frame so enjoy :)

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

central dogma posted:

You can eidolon hunt with any frame as long as you're not trying to do 3x3s getting carried.

Fixed.

Oberon is the safest soloer (though not the fastest) for tridolon and the #1 pick for soloing Terry before you get the focus/arcanes to trivialize him as Volt. If you're going to group for it I favor Harrow for pubbies. Oberon works great and can cover both of the important dolon jobs, but if a Harrow joins you have to chow down on pizzas for the entire thing. I had a bad string of Harrows joining when I was still farming focus and I switched to Harrow full time so I don't have to roll the dice as much.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Travic posted:

I used to like Brozime quite a lot. He had good build videos (none of that, "Here's the best build for the Soma Prime. It's built around this riven I have that you don't"). But after watching his last several videos especially the Warframe review I think he's just in the terminal stages of burnout.

I'll have to check out some of the other partners y'all have mentioned.

yeah, I used to think he was pretty good as well. trying to maintain a YouTube career around warframe just seems like a recipe for angst though.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

Mailer posted:

Fixed.

Oberon is the safest soloer (though not the fastest) for tridolon and the #1 pick for soloing Terry before you get the focus/arcanes to trivialize him as Volt. If you're going to group for it I favor Harrow for pubbies. Oberon works great and can cover both of the important dolon jobs, but if a Harrow joins you have to chow down on pizzas for the entire thing. I had a bad string of Harrows joining when I was still farming focus and I switched to Harrow full time so I don't have to roll the dice as much.

The almighty meta is not needed for 1x3s.

You shouldn't scare off newer players thinking they might be ~carried~ as if it's something to be ashamed of. Not everyone who hunts will have a meta frame, or at least all the forma and mods for the meta build for that frame.

Edit: new players will want to get familiar with capturing the teralyst first before doing a triple.

central dogma fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Feb 6, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Avynte posted:

yeah, I used to think he was pretty good as well. trying to maintain a YouTube career around warframe just seems like a recipe for angst though.

Making a Youtube career at ALL is angst. I've seen some videos of people explaining the algorithm and logistics as best they could and dear GOD just get a job at retail. There is no boss that will treat you worse than Google treats content creators.

Time off? gently caress you, make content every week or we'll knock you off of notifications and never put you back in. Someone has a grudge against you? Spurious, unchecked copyright claims from a burner email and your channel is gone in a day. Hope you know a Markiplier to get you back in. Fair Use laws? bwahahahahaha.