Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
of all the threads in cspam where horny is prohibited, this is by far the most prohibited thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Farm Frenzy posted:

thats how i feel when i cum

see a doctor

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

look. do I want everyone on earth to die? do I want captain trips to wipe out society? yes, but does that make me “horny?” (concealing erection) I think not.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

mobby_6kl posted:

It does make it look like something is being done

It's a real dick move though. It's treating people like poo poo and taking away their dignity while allowing it to be filmed

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Japanese media knows what's up.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Xaris posted:

how have you never had the flu before?

like going to public elementary schools, community college, and uc d i had pretty muhc gotten the flu at least once every 3 years and i'm pretty germophobic with washing

I've had the flu twice in my life.

Like actual flu. Not a bad cold as is commonly mistaken for the flu, and not "stomach flu" which isn't actually a thing.

First time was in 2009 and I think it was the H1N1 that was going around at that time because I was bedridden for a solid week with terrible fever and chills. Whenever I was awake I was coughing and hallucinating, and whenever I slept I had weird distressing dreams. I thought I was going to die but in the mental state I was in I think I was okay with it.

Second time was last year and I was only out for a few days, and all the symptoms above were present but milder, but it still was incredibly unpleasant.

Anecdotally from my experiences and the experiences of others, if you're able to move and think and function outside of your bed while sick, it probably wasn't the flu. If it is honest to goodness flu and you can power through it you're made of much sterner stuff than me or anyone else I know

edit: the fact that it's such an awful thing and actually does kill people leaves me flabbergasted that so many people just shrug and say "what can you do, it's flu season" when it goes around instead of actually trying to do something about it

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Feb 5, 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

BoldFace posted:

Japanese media knows what's up.

something about someone in ethopia and past opposition? my japanese is utter poo poo past child level

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

triple sulk posted:

something about someone in ethopia and past opposition? my japanese is utter poo poo past child level

I speak and read literally zero Japanese but the head of the WHO is Ethiopian and the graphic shows China sending big stacks of money to Ethiopia, so I assume it's saying the WHO is refusing to criticize China because the head of the WHO is worried about scaring off Chinese money from Ethiopia.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
This thing is already out of control. Criticism of how China is handling it is kinda funny in that it won’t matter in the end. Even with the highly restrictive controls put it place, it still got out. China couldn’t really have done anything differently. These respiratory infections are incredibly common. If you only noticed after 40 hospitalized cases at one hospital, that implies hundreds of more cases out there. And of those 40 maybe 2-4 of them died from it, and people die all the time from pneumonia. It’s the most common infection to die from if you present to a hospital with it IIRC.

What I’m saying is you can’t control a virus that is this easily spread.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm going catch this and tank this poo poo no problem. get owned y'all weak pulmonary systems

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

look. do I want everyone on earth to die? do I want captain trips to wipe out society? yes, but does that make me “horny?” (concealing erection) I think not.

*clears throat loudly*

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BattleMaster posted:

Anecdotally from my experiences and the experiences of others, if you're able to move and think and function outside of your bed while sick, it probably wasn't the flu. If it is honest to goodness flu and you can power through it you're made of much sterner stuff than me or anyone else I know

edit: the fact that it's such an awful thing and actually does kill people leaves me flabbergasted that so many people just shrug and say "what can you do, it's flu season" when it goes around instead of actually trying to do something about it

Oh yeah I certainly agree, I think people mistake it but it's quite distinct with vomitting, more dry-heaving, fevers, more vomitting, trying to chug some soup, dryheaving again, and awfulness for a solid week+. I'm just surprised people have only ever got it once or twice, or never, but then again I live in a denser more populated part of the country.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Xaris posted:

Oh yeah I certainly agree, I think people mistake it but it's quite distinct with vomitting, more dry-heaving, fevers, more vomitting, trying to chug some soup, dryheaving again, and awfulness for a solid week+. I'm just surprised people have only ever got it once or twice, or never, but then again I live in a denser more populated part of the country.

Your immune system is weak and feeble. It trembles at the sight of every virus and bacteria. But I will not be intimidated by some idiot disease. I am the most complex life form in the universe and I do not bow to some punk rear end prokaryote or self-replicating macromolecule.

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
Yup, we're almost in the clear.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

BoldFace posted:

Yup, we're almost in the clear.

How many in countries that are not run by Winnie the Pooh tho?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

All this 2009 flu talk has made me remember I caught it back then too. It was November or so and I was completely annihilated for about a full week and fell behind big time on my classes. I don't remember much of it beyond just sitting on my couch wrapped up in my blankets feverish and delirious, but I do have a distinct memory of having to crawl across the (very cold) apartment floor to get to the bathroom.

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

only time in the past decade or so i've caught a bad flu was last year, but hoo boy it sucked and i have no desire to go through anything like that again.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
ten cent may have leaked official stats of 24k total dead as of feb 1st. ~150k infected or something.

not sure if those are legit but that would explain the reaction of the chinese government. barricading people into their home doesn’t make sense with like a few hundred dead,but it makes total sense if you think there are 30k.

it is possible that China isn’t limiting wuhans test kits to 2k per day but leaking that information to help obfuscate the situation.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Feb 5, 2020

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

GABA ghoul posted:

Your immune system is weak and feeble. It trembles at the sight of every virus and bacteria. But I will not be intimidated by some idiot disease. I am the most complex life form in the universe and I do not bow to some punk rear end prokaryote or self-replicating macromolecule.

SONIC: I'll make you eat those words!

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Torpor posted:

ten cent may have leaked official stats of 24k dead on feb 1st. ~150k infected or something.

not sure if those are legit but that would explain the reaction of the chinese government. barricading people into their home doesn’t make sense with like a few hundred dead,but it makes total sense if you think there are 30k.

it is possible that China isn’t limiting wuhans test kits to 2k per day but leaking that information to help obfuscate the situation.
where did you hear that? i don't really believe much on the internet because anyone can be 'my uncle works at ___ / i'm a doctor at hubei and....' but yeah the response seems very serious.. I just chalk it up to them not taking any chances this time around and better safe than huge masses of sick all at once.

I mean I'm sure the deaths are underreported or (intentionally or otherwise) mis characterized and thus not reported and there's probably at least 1,000 but 24,000 seems like a little too much to be believeable at this time.

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
We would also see many more deaths in non Chinese countries but there are only 2 right now. About in line with that 2% figure

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Torpor posted:

ten cent may have leaked official stats of 24k total dead as of feb 1st. ~150k infected or something.

https://twitter.com/akihheikkinen/status/1225067753683476485

Fake news most likely

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

BattleMaster posted:

I've had the flu twice in my life.

Like actual flu. Not a bad cold as is commonly mistaken for the flu, and not "stomach flu" which isn't actually a thing.

First time was in 2009 and I think it was the H1N1 that was going around at that time because I was bedridden for a solid week with terrible fever and chills. Whenever I was awake I was coughing and hallucinating, and whenever I slept I had weird distressing dreams. I thought I was going to die but in the mental state I was in I think I was okay with it.

Second time was last year and I was only out for a few days, and all the symptoms above were present but milder, but it still was incredibly unpleasant.
This is pretty much me. I don't remember when the first one was but the feeling when my fever finally broke is my benchmark for good times. The second time was last year, I texted work on day 1 to say I was sick, fell asleep on the couch, and everything between then and day 3 is entirely second hand information.

e: I was apparently ambulatory and churlish.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Taiwan hates China, you can't trust that poo poo. You can't trust the truth of basically any country with either a parasitic or symbiotic geographic proximity to China.

With that said, I totally believe the truth is somewhere in the middle (which is still not good)

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Torpor posted:

These Fortnite sponcons have gone too far

EDIT: Wait, it was really the ACTUAL Tencent? hahahahahahaha

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
I understand the need to be skeptical, however those dire stats comport to what we are seeing a lot more than the official statistics. soldiers on the streets in bunny suits, Macau closing for 2 weeks, bodies lining hospital hallways, cities locked down, people being welded into their apartments, Xi laying low for a week.

edit: we are gonna know real quick by keeping an eye on the global supply chains.

Torpor fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Feb 5, 2020

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
So do those 2 extra hospitals really help if it’s that bad or is it just a PR stunt?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Shaocaholica posted:

So do those 2 extra hospitals really help if it’s that bad or is it just a PR stunt?

Depends who you think it was designed to help

The infected? No. Everyone Else? You bet

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

BattleMaster posted:

It can actually happen that the influenza virus causes a severe cold if you are both lucky and healthy, but it usually presents much more dangerously.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Torpor posted:

I understand the need to be skeptical, however those dire stats comport to what we are seeing a lot more than the official statistics. soldiers on the streets in bunny suits, Macau closing for 2 weeks, bodies lining hospital hallways, cities locked down, people being welded into their apartments, Xi laying low for a week.

edit: we are gonna know real quick by keeping an eye on the global supply chains.

Wouldn't we be seeing a much higher number of infections/deaths outside of China if those tencent statistics are true?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Wouldn't we be seeing a much higher number of infections/deaths outside of China if those tencent statistics are true?

Yeah.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Definitely. We're now about two weeks out from the first reported cases internationally, which means we're past the maximum known incubation period for the first round of international cases, and well into reporting those infected by the first round. If those figures were true we'd be well above the 200ish international cases that have so far been discovered and reported.

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Shaocaholica posted:

They help a bit but they're not enough, which is why in Wuhan they're also converting the convention center, stadium, and school gymnasiums into quarantine wards. If they run out of needs the fatality rate is going to go much higher.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Just further proof that this was a bioweapon targeting Han Chinese.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Torpor posted:

There's basically 0 chance that stats of the true number of infected/dead even exist and definitely 0 chance that ten cent has received them

like you may as well have said that Microsoft leaked official stats it makes no sense, it's entirely possible that they posted official projections though

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets
Another case in the US. Wisconsin this time.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Lote posted:

Not the state where you can buy goat milk and cheese curds at the gas stations!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Lote posted:

:siren: THE CHEETOS SUPPLY CHAIN IS AT RISK :siren:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lote posted:

I wish people wouldn't call this a US case even though the person is currently on US soil. To me a US case would be someone that contracted it in the US. But i get the reporting need of it

Now this person giving it to other people stateside will be interesting.

vyst fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Feb 5, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
ive never had the flu ever