Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

SlowBloke posted:

Hmm i have mixed feelings about this, i feel that this is 50% racist bullshit(Hard physical borders will just slow down, not stop migrants) and 50% reaction to Turkey doing fuckery with their sea borders(which might startle Greece).

I will go with 100% racist bullshit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

It's both.

The continent going full eco fash was so obvious even in 2014 I'm kinda amazed Spain haven't erected a flamming wall in the Gibraltar straight yet.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

It's both.

The continent going full eco fash was so obvious even in 2014 I'm kinda amazed Spain haven't erected a flamming wall in the Gibraltar straight yet.

We are going just normal fash

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Andrast posted:

We are going just normal fash

Nonsense, whats fash about teaching your kids that gay people don’t exist?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Fat Samurai posted:

Nonsense, whats fash about teaching your kids that gay people don’t exist?

Murcia is different.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Posting on the last day I can as a member rather than outside observer.

Sorry to all peoples everywhere for this shitshow and terrible governance on all sides which will only cause hardship to increase.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
Don't be sorry bro. The bad governance was far from a British-only thing. And you guys are going to provide plenty of viewing material, so the rest of us will know exactly what's coming.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Dawncloack posted:

Don't be sorry bro. The bad governance was far from a British-only thing. And you guys are going to provide plenty of viewing material, so the rest of us will know exactly what's coming.

Oh yeah 'all sides' was referring to the EU as well. If the left had been comfortable to defend the EUs external border policy and economic strategies as even vaguely responsible then Remain would have won.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

namesake posted:

Posting on the last day I can as a member rather than outside observer.

Sorry to all peoples everywhere for this shitshow and terrible governance on all sides which will only cause hardship to increase.

it's not your fault.

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

They have some mighty skillful engineers if they can build a 13-15 km long fence in the open waters, that's floating, 50m tall, has lights, and actually functions as a barrier... for only 500.000€.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Doctor Malaver posted:

They have some mighty skillful engineers if they can build a 13-15 km long fence in the open waters, that's floating, 50m tall, has lights, and actually functions as a barrier... for only 500.000€.

It's actually the other way around, 50 m long,15 km deep.

It will somehow cost 50 million.

Blut
Sep 11, 2009

if someone is in the bottom 10%~ of a guillotine
They're going to throw some festival crowd control barriers into the water and leave them floating there, and the Greek government will end up paying a local contractor whos cousin is a government minister the 500k. Its Greece.

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Blut posted:

They're going to throw some festival crowd control barriers into the water and leave them floating there, and the Greek government will end up paying a local contractor whos cousin is a government minister the 500k. Its Greece.

Capitalism is a cancer and it's infected democracy. I mean I understand that politics has mostly been a way for people to get rich on the backs of the citizenry, but I think this is the first time in history that media, politics and the rich have been intertwined on such a massive and complete scale that dissenting voices have been effectively silenced.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

An insane mind posted:

Capitalism is a cancer and it's infected democracy. I mean I understand that politics has mostly been a way for people to get rich on the backs of the citizenry, but I think this is the first time in history that media, politics and the rich have been intertwined on such a massive and complete scale that dissenting voices have been effectively silenced.

Feudalism?

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

An insane mind posted:

I think this is the first time in history that media, politics and the rich have been intertwined on such a massive and complete scale that dissenting voices have been effectively silenced.
lol

actually

An insane mind posted:

I think this is the first time in history that
lol :smith:

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Ok yeah, it's probably not the first time. It's still poo poo as gently caress.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
So I don't think this is the right thread, I didn't see a Poland thread going back a few pages.

There's an artist I wanted to commission art from I encountered on reddit (I've done this routinely) but this is the first time someone has claimed they needed a hand written signature on a physical contract that also needs of course to be mailed to them. They claimed that electronic signatures are "not respected" in Poland.

I googled and apparently since 2001 Electric Signatures have been valid; is it possible they don't realize this is the case, or is there some weird law regarding freelancers that requires hand written signatures? Is there some tax evasion law in effect that won't recognize esigs?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Just get your furry scat orgy art made somewhere else.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Raenir Salazar posted:

So I don't think this is the right thread, I didn't see a Poland thread going back a few pages.

There's an artist I wanted to commission art from I encountered on reddit (I've done this routinely) but this is the first time someone has claimed they needed a hand written signature on a physical contract that also needs of course to be mailed to them. They claimed that electronic signatures are "not respected" in Poland.

I googled and apparently since 2001 Electric Signatures have been valid; is it possible they don't realize this is the case, or is there some weird law regarding freelancers that requires hand written signatures? Is there some tax evasion law in effect that won't recognize esigs?

Maybe valid electronic signatures for tax purposes require additional steps and/or have specific certification requirements which make it easier to just require manual signatures.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Over 250 since Belgium had their federal election, we're still nowhere close to having a government. Prominent politicians are starting to say we should prepare for a new election if we still don't have progress in another 100 days.

If that happens, don't be surprised to see the far right make big gains and they plus the nationalists having enough votes to possibly declare Flemish independence.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The fact that the main home of the EU parliament doesn't have a functioning government is one of the funniest bits of Europe's myriad dysfunctions.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
The fact that the EU parliament has more than one home is another.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh that? It's my summer parliament.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

My Summer Parliament in the vein of My Summer Car.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*slaps "My Other Parliament's a Strasbourg" on the back of my Brussels parliament*

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tesseraction posted:

The fact that the main home of the EU parliament doesn't have a functioning government is one of the funniest bits of Europe's myriad dysfunctions.

It has a government, in fact it has lots of governments!

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Tesseraction posted:

We've got a functioning minority government of which a bunch of ministers have resigned to take on other positions, such as our prime minister becoming the European president.

Well it's functioning in so far as they keep the lights on. They've been the minority since the N-VA left/got pushed out in December 2018.

We've also got a Flemish, Brussels and Walloon government that are all in varying stages of functioning, because depending on how the federal formation will eventually pan out some parties may leave/be kicked out of those.

We're a very democratic nation, a significant percentage of the population is politician.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

:godwinning:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/germany-vote-state-leader-thuringia-far-right-thomas-kemmerich-a9319426.html

quote:

Liberals and conservatives joined forces with the far-right in the German state of Thüringia on Wednesday to oust a left-wing administration and install their own.

Thomas Kemmerich, of the liberal FDP, won a confidence vote in the state parliament with the backing of the centre-right CDU and the far-right AfD – a major political upset.

The event is significant because it is the first time the two parties of the centre have violated the boundaries of the so-called "cordon sanitaire" around working with the AfD and other far-right parties.

[...]

Björn Höcke, the leader of the AfD in the state, is one of the most right-wing senior figures in the AfD. He has marched with neo-Nazis and calls Germany's approach to commemorating of the Holocaust "moronic". In September last year a court in the state ruled that Mr Höcke could be legally termed a “fascist”, stating that the designation “rests on verifiable fact”.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Shock as liberal cut, fascist bleeds.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbD1XDhKr8U

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
lol @ having a judge officially rule that you are, in point of fact, a fascist though.

Even bigger lol that this does not mean immediate transfer from office to wall with lead filling forthwith.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ah, what's a little enabling Nazis between friends?

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Die Linke 'congratulating' the fash-in-charge.

https://twitter.com/UlrichSchneider/status/1225142079317315584?s=20

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this is increasingly a pattern, in multiparty systems, where the old liberal right can't govern without more populist, xenophobic segments who are able to tap into some voter groups much better than they can themselves. this means that the only route to power is through the populists, and that again means that they're going to hold their noses and do what they must to get and retain that support. merkel has escaped this at the federal level by the SPD being willing to commit suicide, but everywhere else the liberal right is relying on fascists and fellow travellers to prop them up.

at least it's not a two-party system where the right-wing parties keep getting taken over outright by those elements

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

*tugs collar nervously*

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

V. Illych L. posted:

at least it's not a two-party system where the right-wing parties keep getting taken over outright by those elements

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

V. Illych L. posted:

this is increasingly a pattern, in multiparty systems, where the old liberal right can't govern without more populist, xenophobic segments who are able to tap into some voter groups much better than they can themselves. this means that the only route to power is through the populists, and that again means that they're going to hold their noses and do what they must to get and retain that support. merkel has escaped this at the federal level by the SPD being willing to commit suicide, but everywhere else the liberal right is relying on fascists and fellow travellers to prop them up.

If the Italian pattern is of any example the hardliners tend to swallow the liberal right outright.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

mortons stork posted:

If the Italian pattern is of any example the hardliners tend to swallow the liberal right outright.

Yeah that's the eventual fate of all these idiots who think they can give the fash just a finger.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

this is the other side of that equation - how is the left going to respond against the new liberal-populist right-wing axis? especially the centre-left has been treading water for a decade, completely discredited by 2008 in the way we were all hoping was going to happen to the right. the danish social democrats have decided to go for outright nativism, to just not contest that ground in order to finally be able to talk about something else, because that really was a contradiction in centre-left policy - the national compromises of the post-war period were useful at the time, but now that the nation-state is rapidly weakening in the face of globalisation the shittier side of it emerges.

this, imo, is why corbyn was both so encouraging and his eventual defeat so horrifying, because he was able to point to an alternative path which might've been viable - a progressive planned-economy resurgence with a strong internationalist outlook and a model for europe's embattled social democrats to follow

and then loving brexit happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

If the vote had gone 51-49 Remain, the UK would have a general election this year where Corbyn would almost certainly become Prime Minister with a large majority. smdh