Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

I thought Lawbreakers failed because it was a lovely version of Overwatch so this is news to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i hate playing games on my pc

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Lurdiak posted:

2 is very good. 3 is not as good but it's quite fun. 4 is the bad one.

this is correct - the telltale episodic one is okay too, probably worse than the first 3 but better than 4. to be honest, it might be my particular brain worms talking, but if you play 2/3/5 you might as well play 4 too. it's not great but it has a few moments.

The 7th Guest posted:

cliffyb is a dumbass and lawbreakers wasnt woke

he also made radical heights knowing it wasn't going to succeed and was against his employees leaving to go to epic even though the alternative was... losing your job at boss key a month later?? what a tough call

clibby sucks but i did kind of like lawbreakers - it had issues but it was a solid base. as said, the marketing and focus on 'TOO HARDCORE FOR YOU BABY GAMERS' poo poo was awful.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
also: play LOOM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Relax Or DIE posted:

also: play DOOM

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

everything I know about africa I learned from quest for glory 3

africa is full of cat people right

Naoto Shirogane
May 8, 2019

Lawbreakers was sure to succeed, they got the Rick and Morty guy to yell at you while carrying the flag as a game mode how isn’t that a recipe for success?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

stev posted:

What was supposed to be the "woke" part of Lawbreakers?

The game didn't sell because it wasn't marketed, looked generic as hell and was generally perceived as "less colourful Overwatch".

there wasn't supposed to be a woke part of lawbreakers, cliffyb is just blaming those tumblr teen snowflakes for not buying his kind of blah attempt at an arena shooter revival

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

DOOM Ftw

May 8, 2006

the wokest part of lawbreakers was that they didn't add snipers, an objectively correct decision in a multiplayer shooter, but stumbled at this finish line by having at least one class that was just about plinking from range with hitscan anyway

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
he should have done like randy pitchford and promoted a rule34 subreddit for his game, that's what made Battleborn so successful

wait

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

:allears:

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

I'm loving dead, omg. gently caress Millionaires.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Incredible.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Why am I enjoying MK9 more than X and the newer one

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If by incorrect you mean completely and entirely correct without even an exception.

Relax Or DIE posted:

this is correct - the telltale episodic one is okay too, probably worse than the first 3 but better than 4. to be honest, it might be my particular brain worms talking, but if you play 2/3/5 you might as well play 4 too. it's not great but it has a few moments.

Yeah the Telltale one's not bad. Far from the best Telltale or Monkey Island game, and the asset reuse is very obvious in the later episodes, but I enjoyed it overall.

Disposable Scud posted:

9 is extremely solid and does its best to feel nostalgic for people who played the old games, X and 11 get more experimental in a bad way imo.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Feb 5, 2020

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lurdiak posted:

2 is very good. 3 is not as good but it's quite fun. 4 is the bad one.

I only played the first episode of the Telltale Monkey Island series but I remember it being enjoyable aside from the weird lovely control scheme.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't think Escape is completely awful. It's definitely the weakest in the series, but there's enough it does well. And like was said before, if you're playing the rest of the series, which you should, you might as well play that one.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Disposable Scud posted:

I like mk11 better than 9 but 9 did have the best story mode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Which anime fighter is the Granblue thing most similar to

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i liked the telltale monkey island because it was a nice story about marriage and commitment

and at the time games didn't really tell stories about married couples, or at least thought out stories

i had a gear to grind with the whole "ball & chain" depiction of marriage that was so commonplace in the 90s and 00s, i guess

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Help Im Alive posted:

Which anime fighter is the Granblue thing most similar to

It's an ArcSys joint so probably onea those.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I liked Tales of Monkey Island because the renewed interest in the series lead to the MI and MI2 remasters with Dominic Armato providing VO.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I liked ToMI because Telltale's puzzle based games were an almost guaranteed good time.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

JollyBoyJohn posted:

should i play more than the first monkey island? i've heard the ps2 one got real bad but not sure about the inbetween games

4 was my first Monkey Island and I thought it was fantastic. It's the worst of the main series but still worlds better than the Telltale garbage that came out a few years ago.

e: lol I see I'm the odd man out for those, I really didn't like the Telltale MI series.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i rank the old telltale era something like this

1. sam & max devils playhouse
2. strong bad game
3. tales of monkey island
4. law & order legacies
5. puzzle agent
6. sam & max season 2
7. back to the future
8. puzzle agent 2
9. poker night (lol it had tycho from penny arcade)
10. uhh the bone games i guess??
11. sam & max season 1
12. jurassic park
13. endlessly falling off a bike and scraping my knees
14. wallace and gromit

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The 7th Guest posted:

i rank the old telltale era something like this

1. sam & max devils playhouse
2. strong bad game
3. tales of monkey island
4. law & order legacies
5. puzzle agent
6. sam & max season 2
7. back to the future
8. puzzle agent 2
9. poker night (lol it had tycho from penny arcade)
10. uhh the bone games i guess??
11. sam & max season 1
12. jurassic park
13. endlessly falling off a bike and scraping my knees
14. wallace and gromit

Jurassic Park needs to be way lower.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Looper posted:

i hate playing games on my pc

I never bother and every part in it is close to 10 years old now. In fact I dunno if I've even turned it on in six months.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

Jurassic Park needs to be way lower.
the failure deaths are funny and full of silly ragdolls

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Never forget the goon jurassic jeep drama.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Still thinking bout how cute Boosette is :3:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
NOT IN THAT WAY

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

lol animal crossing wont support cloud saves

nintendo has cloud saves? wow

is your whole account still locked permanently to your console lol

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Okay, maybe a little in that way

Half and half

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

nintendo has cloud saves? wow

is your whole account still locked permanently to your console lol

no they fixed that half way through the 3ds lifecycle, but if you bought stuff digitally and sold your 3ds before they moved purchases to your account you still lost them ask how i know and why the 3ds i rebought has no legal games on it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
If you call and yell at them they’ll give you the licenses on your new 3DS. It’s a pain in the rear end though

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Stux posted:

no they fixed that half way through the 3ds lifecycle, but if you bought stuff digitally and sold your 3ds before they moved purchases to your account you still lost them ask how i know and why the 3ds i rebought has no legal games on it

how do you know and why does the 3ds you rebought have no legal games on it?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Stuff like that is why I always make sure to have copies preserved on volitile flash based media that only fits in a proprietary slot for accessing it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Khanstant posted:

how do you know and why does the 3ds you rebought have no legal games on it?

who can say

SeXReX posted:

Stuff like that is why I always make sure to have copies preserved on volitile flash based media that only fits in a proprietary slot for accessing it

how mad do u think ppl buying collections of physical ds and onward carts are going to be when they all die