Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I was hoping that Poker Night 2 would lead to a series of telltale venture bros games but they ended up down the path of the walking dead style of games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khanstant posted:

how do you know and why does the 3ds you rebought have no legal games on it?

accidentally bought a ps3 instead. classic mistake

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

hatty posted:

If you call and yell at them they’ll give you the licenses on your new 3DS. It’s a pain in the rear end though

If you call any mega big company and talk to them long enough they'll do what you want because they can't afford to pay any more people to talk to you

I've gotten game refunds from Sony, Amazon, lots of places, in extraordinary cases

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9bXjttMxKY

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaWU1CmrJNc

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I even got gamestop to refund me for dragon age 2 when Bioware inexplicably announced they had no way to fix the companion skill bug that could totally gently caress your game up, meaning the game literally was defective and legally in this case they really truly had to refund it (and then make EA reimburse them)

Edit: they patched the bug less than 2 weeks later lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
yall remember going to the christian book store and they had a super nintendo game and you thought you'd have to save up for months of allowance to get it, but actually your dad just bought it because it was christian? noahs ark is the only version of wolfenstein ive ever played

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.
The only time I've ever thrown a controller was at the final choice of Life Is Strange. Should've seen it coming, but, well, whiskey.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hatty posted:

If you call and yell at them they’ll give you the licenses on your new 3DS. It’s a pain in the rear end though

thats more effort than just downloading the roms tho

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
The wife and I are most likely going to be getting our first catte this month :3:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

FirstAidKite posted:

I was hoping that Poker Night 2 would lead to a series of telltale venture bros games but they ended up down the path of the walking dead style of games.

I woulda killed for an Army of Darkness game in the style of the good Telltale games.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

precision posted:

NOT IN THAT WAY

It's okay to be horney, and not illegal

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Songbearer posted:

The wife and I are most likely going to be getting our first catte this month :3:

post pics or risk a banning at my hands

also what is everyone's favorite fighting game nonsense round start phrase

i think mine is 'can't escape from crossing fate'

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Songbearer posted:

Yay

Adopting from a shelter I hope

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dischorr_N posted:

The only time I've ever thrown a controller was at the final choice of Life Is Strange. Should've seen it coming, but, well, whiskey.

the only bright side is despite them wanting the garbage ending to be canon so obviously and so much it was completely refused by everyone who played the game

May 8, 2006

FirstAidKite posted:

imagine what could have been, an order of the triad telltale game

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Songbearer posted:

You will also be posting your first cat picture this month

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

Capcom JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighter game has the simple but lovely "Make a fight. FIGHT!"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Relax Or DIE posted:

i think mine is 'can't escape from crossing fate'

heaven or heck is number 1, wheel of fate is turning rebel 1 is second. ive only just seen this one but its gotta be third:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

FirstAidKite posted:

Yay

Adopting from a shelter I hope

Of course, unfortunately we can't steal the little ragamuffins off the street because "pets are property" despite the fact they'd be so happy with us

Relax Or DIE posted:

It's the Law to take pictures of your Catte for the thread, once it is within our grasp it will be surrounded by the purrpurrazzi

I don't have a good fighting game opening line but I do have a fighting game video for this game I played a demo of when I was a child and have never forgotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MHOmw59GQU&t=111s

It's no One Must Fall but I love the drawn graphics

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think it's guilty gear that does "the wheel of fate is turning, heaven or hell, let's rock", right?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

:drat:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cowcaster posted:

i think it's guilty gear that does "the wheel of fate is turning, heaven or hell, let's rock", right?

guilty gear is heaven or heck lets rock, blazblue is the wheel of fate is turning and calls rounds "rebels"

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Stux posted:

heaven or heck is number 1, wheel of fate is turning rebel 1 is second. ive only just seen this one but its gotta be third:

The game this comes from is called Under Night In-Birth exe late[st]. It has entire paragraphs of fighting game nonsense and it's amazing :allears:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Dischorr_N posted:

I just recently played through Detroit: Become Human, and actually enjoyed it a lot, and did a really good job of keeping everybody alive through the whole game.

Then on the last level I was up late and had a few whiskies and hosed up and loving literally EVERYBODY DIED and it was so brutally depressing the way it all hit me at once after keeping them all alive so far, it just tore me up. Each one died their own horrible, gruesome awful death for different reasons all because of 2 fuckup decisions. I didn't even gently caress up the whole last chapter, just made 2 bad decisions and fuuuuuuuck that was harder to watch than the worst game of thrones brutality.

I need to replay the last level sober but Its kinda put me off the whole game now.

May 8, 2006

stolen from Endorph's UNIST thread op:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Songbearer posted:

Nice!!!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

a glitch posted:

The game this comes from is called Under Night In-Birth exe late[st]. It has entire paragraphs of fighting game nonsense and it's amazing :allears:

does this stuff make sense in japanese and it's just a butchered translation or is it just supposed to be that way

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

My boss pulled the "I didn't take a wage" bullshit with me recently when I asked for a raise. Like.. maybe try that line with someone who isn't in accounts?

So basically kill the rich.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Even if he didn't take a single dollar, he had equity in the company. If they succeeded, he would be the owner of a "billion dollar IP" as he put it himself in that board room meeting.

So if that's the outcome of success, it makes sense you would wager taking no pay and that would still be in itself totally worth it. You don't get to compare that to people who are just working day in and day out and have no equity and no potential for a billion dollar payday in the future if the stars align.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
Really shocking that CliffyB was on SNAP for two years. That's what happened since he didn't take a salary for two years right? Not that he's so we'll off that he can survive for multiple years with no income, right??

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Cowcaster posted:

does this stuff make sense in japanese and it's just a butchered translation or is it just supposed to be that way

I was always under the impression that a lot of this stuff is just what Japanese people thought sounded cool. Like the Japanese equivalent of when a person gets an Japanese word tattooed on them and they don't know what it means.

Disco Anne
Apr 1, 2010

Assume you're going to survive.

Songbearer posted:

A cat is the difference between a home and a collection of rooms in which you sleep and store your stuff. Excellent decision.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Songbearer posted:

I don't have a good fighting game opening line but I do have a fighting game video for this game I played a demo of when I was a child and have never forgotten

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MHOmw59GQU&t=111s

It's no One Must Fall but I love the drawn graphics

God, that game was terrible, but looked so cool. 7th Level was a weird-rear end game studio in general.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

Cowcaster posted:

Normally the former, possibly the later for the Under Night games. I think the devs are just taking the piss at this point.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Btw if you ever wondered what language “Obra Dinn” is from and what it means,

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

You seem to be a good and reasonable and sensible person so I doubt this is the case but you're not going to have them declawed, right?

I hate that there are still people who do that. A person I used to be friends with did that and then they got annoyed with the cat's behavior afterwards because the cat was peeing out of the litterbox among other things and they were so confused when they found out that cats will do that when you surgically remove their fingers. They also didn't understand why the local spay and neuter volunteer organization was mad at him when he called up to ask if they declaw cats and he just could not seem to understand why it was bad that if a cat is gonna live in his house, the cat's fingers should be chopped off because he doesn't want his furniture to get scratched up.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

A lot of times the funny titles do make sense and they're a bad translation or something hard to translate directly

Also sometimes things that are fairly complex and require a few words of English end up just being a couple kanji and so are simpler in Japanese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

You seem to be a good and reasonable and sensible person so I doubt this is the case but you're not going to have them declawed, right?

I hate that there are still people who do that. A person I used to be friends with did that and then they got annoyed with the cat's behavior afterwards because the cat was peeing out of the litterbox among other things and they were so confused when they found out that cats will do that when you surgically remove their fingers. They also didn't understand why the local spay and neuter volunteer organization was mad at him when he called up to ask if they declaw cats and he just could not seem to understand why it was bad that if a cat is gonna live in his house, the cat's fingers should be chopped off because he doesn't want his furniture to get scratched up.

Adding to this, you can pretty easily trim your cat's nails with a nail clippers like you would human nails, and as long as you learn where you can clip to safely you won't hurt them but will blunt their nails so they don't scratch as much.

They won't be wild about it at first, but if you're firm and do it consistently and are nice to them afterwards, they'll grow to get used to it. My cat used to squirm while I clipped his nails, but now he's totally chill and just lays in my lap and purrs while I go through them.

Ugh declawing makes me angry just thinking about it.