Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will You Miss Indie Wrestling?
No it sucked
Yes
View Results

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I Before E posted:

I think Shelley and Deppen are having a match but I don't think it's been made official yet

Last week

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/1221180376133111810

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Ospreay vs Shlak is the dream match

Give us Five Star Shlak

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

dont forget the clusterfuck

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Procrastinator posted:

dont forget the clusterfuck

The best part of the weekend by far.

Except chasing a butt naked wrestler around the venue so he can put clothes on

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

stab posted:

The best part of the weekend by far.

Except chasing a butt naked wrestler around the venue so he can put clothes on
Have him cut more promos for us. Clothes optional

Also who's the next "They were sitting on my couch watching Wrestlemania and now they're signed" wrestler(s) of the year

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Someone's got to have their sights on Deppen now, right?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Akileese posted:

I like Blake Christian but I'm kinda underwhelmed by this? He basically does the Ospreay thing, except Ospreay is just a lot better at it than him cause it's his thing. I'd much rather see Ospreay vs Nick Gage.

I think it could be great. It’s pretty clear that Blake is hungry and determined, and if he can get a wrestler who can elevate him and maybe obscure some of his flaws I think we will see the making of a new star.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Draxion posted:

Someone's got to have their sights on Deppen now, right?

I've got to imagine that he'll be AEW bound eventually. I kind of thought Janela was alluding to that after their match however long ago, leading up to the Dynamite premiere and just letting Deppen marinate a bit more on the indies. Depending on how the rest of his Mania week shapes up, he'll definitely be on someone's radar if he isn't already.

They keep teasing Ospreay v. Blake so much on commentary that it makes me think it'll be something else. Mainly because I also want Ospreay vs. Nick Gage, but Ospreay v. Blake would rule too.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Will Ospreay vs Marko Stunt

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

How much was the Mania show package on Fite last year, and does it include VOD for the shows?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

The_Rob posted:

I think it could be great. It’s pretty clear that Blake is hungry and determined, and if he can get a wrestler who can elevate him and maybe obscure some of his flaws I think we will see the making of a new star.

I think Ospreay also wants to feel like he helped put a guy on the map. It seemed that way with some of the Australian guys he worked with at least.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Bushmeister posted:

How much was the Mania show package on Fite last year, and does it include VOD for the shows?

Last year's was $99.99 and I'm 99% sure that includes VOD because there were times last year (or maybe 2018 or both years tbh) where the live feed hosed up. I wanna say something hosed up bad last year, but I can't remember what it was. Might've been the first Spring Break show? Whatever it was, I was able to watch it the next day when they fixed it.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

The_Rob posted:

That's a good point and it's clearly something Ospreay would want since he's not going to come over for Mania weekend just to take a match he doesn't want.

Huntman posted:

Last year's was $99.99 and I'm 99% sure that includes VOD because there were times last year (or maybe 2018 or both years tbh) where the live feed hosed up. I wanna say something hosed up bad last year, but I can't remember what it was. Might've been the first Spring Break show? Whatever it was, I was able to watch it the next day when they fixed it.

The Stardom show was definitely an unmitigated disaster live. I think they lost the whole feed on two or three separate occasions and even the VOD was jacked up. Fite is prone to loving up so I wouldn't be shocked if the collective shows had similar issues.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

So Voices of Wrestling have a list up and as of right now there are 57 wrestling shows happening in Tampa between March 31st and April 6th. Blimey.

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/wrestlemania-weekend-2020-schedule-map/

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
2019- Cassidy vs TAKA
2020- Cassidy vs Suzuki
2021- Cassidy vs Okada?

Book it coward Joey Janela

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Cage Kicker posted:

2019- Cassidy vs TAKA
2020- Cassidy vs Suzuki
2021- Cassidy vs Okada?

Book it coward Joey Janela

Cassidy vs ZSJ.

Imagine how furious ZSJ will get when he puts Cassidy in a hold and Cassidy just Bugs Bunnies out of it.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

GCW Japan shows are up for preorder on FITE now, including a bundle for all three https://www.fite.tv/watch/gcw-return-to-japan/2p5xs/

Live Fast Die Young, Feb 4 at 8PM Eastern:
Danny Havoc, Matt Tremont and Isami Kodaka vs Drew Parker, Toshiyuki Sakuda and Jimmy Lloyd
Matthew Justice vs Shlak
Toru Sugiura and Takashi Sasaki vs Kikutaro and KTB
Masashi Takeda vs Orin Veidt
Alex Colon vs Violento Jack
Chris Dickinson vs Yuji Okabayashi

Ready To Die, Feb 5 at 8PM Eastern:
Okabayashi and Shigehiro Irie vs Dickinson and KTB
Justice vs Masato Tanaka
Ryuji Ito vs Tremont
Lloyd vs Parker
Havoc and Colon vs Takeda and Sakuda
Sugiura, Sasaki and Jack vs Shlak, Veidt and Kenji Fukimoto

The Art of War, Feb 6 at 8PM Eastern:
KTB vs Sugiura
Kodaka, Sasaki and Takeda vs Havoc, Tremont and Colon
Shlak vs Abdullah Kobayashi
Dickinson vs Daisuke Sekimoto
Kikutaro and Irie vs Tomoya Hirata and Gentaro
Ito, Sakuda and Parker vs Lloyd, Justice and Veidt

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Masashi Takeda vs Orin Veidt ended pretty dramatically. If you're squeamish(why are you even watching to begin with...) you're gonna wanna skip that one.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Apparently at a Waxahachie Faith Wrestling show over the weekend, an apparently known pedophile was booked. When he was called out in the locker room by another wrestler, the pedophile pulled a gun on the dude:

https://twitter.com/KeithBlalockPW/status/1224139215845445633

The pedophile is Stryker Fyre whose name turns up like, zero results for anything. I thought I saw his real name mentioned on one of the Facebook posts from the promotion about this but I'm not seeing it now, so it was either removed or I imagined it/saw it somewhere else and can't remember.

No injuries or anything were reported, so it doesn't sound like the guy did anything more than pull the gun out thankfully.

The promotion, of course, offered up zero accountability and even tried to talk it back a little bit by noting that the gun was an air soft gun. If I'm reading the responses correctly, it sounds like they also swore that this person would never work with them once before this incident.

Waxahachie Faith Wrestling on Facebook posted:

First of all sorry for the situation that happened at waxahachie Faith wrestling last night. I am glad not one got hurt. Yes someone did pull a gun out. In locker room last night it was a airsoft gun, but real gun or not we don't condone that at waxahachie Faith wrestling, as of this day foward we will not be doing business with that person. Our company is based on being a Christian with Christian values. To anyone that wasn't at show please if you need now what happened contact us. Third everyone got paid. Pastor Ledbetter was there and this all happened when he was giving a testimony so we feel the devil was at work. So we are going to put more shows on in the future but safety is first and we won't let the devil win. Thank you and God bless

Wrestling is fuckin' wild.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah the devil(who clearly lives in the details) made you book a pedophile.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You can't loving blame your lovely vetting on the devil.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Gumball Gumption posted:

You can't loving blame your lovely vetting on the devil.

have you not read any theological debates in the last...2000 years? This is exactly what they do. Oops, devil did it(tacitly admitting that it happened with god's permission).

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

Masashi Takeda vs Orin Veidt ended pretty dramatically. If you're squeamish(why are you even watching to begin with...) you're gonna wanna skip that one.

What happened? I've seen Takeda got hosed up on a knife board and Veidt loving up Takeda with a weapon, and I'm guessing the answer is they went to the second part to finish because of the first part.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Deathlove posted:

What happened? I've seen Takeda got hosed up on a knife board and Veidt loving up Takeda with a weapon, and I'm guessing the answer is they went to the second part to finish because of the first part.

the knife board spot opened up Takeda so bad his wounds were winking at the audience

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Huntman posted:

Yea the package had VOD for everything

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Saw a gif of the knife board, fuuuuuuuuuuuck that

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Ishin posted:

Saw a gif of the knife board, fuuuuuuuuuuuck that

Here's the gif, spoilered because AHHHH loving CHRIST WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS

https://twitter.com/ganba_ruttan3/status/1224298673678376960?s=19

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

On the Daily Update Dave mentioned Dragon Gate will likely send four wrestlers (including Ben K and Shun Skywalker) to MLW for an upcoming taping

Jacob Fatu will appear on Dragon Gate soon as part of the partnership

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Pinche Rudo posted:

Ever since Kasai and Numazawa introduced the razor blade board onto the scene I've kind of low-key thought that straight blades is probably where you want to draw the line in deathmatch gimmicks because that just looks like a life-threatening injury waiting to happen.

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Feb 4, 2020

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Takeda is out for at least a month of wrestling with 40 stitches on his back and wrist

also regarding the spring break show i believe they added a lot more shows, some of which aren't wrestling or normal wrestling with even a ring so the Spring Break bundle might cost more and there might be multiple on Fite

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Pinche Rudo posted:

I really like death match wrestling. Like, I love it.

Holy poo poo I loving hate this video. This is horrifying and way too much and a very stupid way to gently caress yourself up horribly.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm saving money for whatever the FITE package is. There better be live BDSM and gay brunching live on FITE tv

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

coconono posted:

I'm saving money for whatever the FITE package is. There better be live BDSM and gay brunching live on FITE tv

Effy said Tony Deppen is going to be serving brunch in a gogo outfit. I have one hundred dollars for this PPV.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Deathlove posted:

Effy said Tony Deppen is going to be serving brunch in a gogo outfit. I have one hundred dollars for this PPV.

I hope he’s just scowling and telling people to gently caress off while wearing that outfit.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Pinche Rudo posted:

This owns

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
PWG's next show is March 29 and will be called Kobe.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

RealFoxy posted:

The best parts of Spring Break are dream matches and style clashes, and I don't think Will and Blake are either.

Give me Ibushi vs Janella in the streets of Tampa, Muta vs Session Moth, Osperay vs ACH, Nick Gage vs Miyaku Matsumoto

The best part of Spring Break last year was the death match.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

MassRafTer posted:

The best part of Spring Break last year was the death match.
It was Rock and Roll express against Santana and Ortiz you fool. LA Park is yester-year's news.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Does FITE do VOD pretty quickly after the show? I am strongly considering finally signing up for the GCW shows during WM weekend, but 100% will not be able to watch live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Does FITE do VOD pretty quickly after the show? I am strongly considering finally signing up for the GCW shows during WM weekend, but 100% will not be able to watch live.

Pretty much straight away. I live in the UK and can watch AEW shows on FITE both live and within hours of them finishing in the US.