Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer

Pingui posted:

As far as I'm aware only the tally was released on the 60% from Bernie, and only Buttigiegs number for his 75%.

Okay thank you for that. I wonder if the NYT could of reached out for at least some crosstabs or samples from the campaigns. hell they coudl of called the county chairs like everyone else did. I mean there are millions of things they could of done but they didn't because it didn't fit their narrative or agenda. Just trying to get a picture of how negligent they truly were. which of course is astounding already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/1225367394815741952

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

charity rereg posted:

uhhh in iowa probably just this. it was razor thin and just everything magically "broke" her way, and we now know that at the precinct level most people dont know the rules and probably just quietly put every rounding error in her favor, that sort of thing.

for the rest of the primary... it's kind of complex and actually requires a bit of understanding of the party apparatus. there are many who believe that clinton's machinations for 2016 date back to promising Tim Kaine the VP slot a long, long time back so that he'd relinquish control of the DNC chair and clinton could install a lackey - Debbie Wasserman Schulz, who became a bit of a well known villain in bernieland. And even further than that, Clinton had been replacing everyone at the DNC for 20 years since Bill was president. Obama allowed this to continue, basically abandoned the party below the presidential and senatorial levels entirely to Clinton and her ilk.

They basically put their thumb on the scale at every point for Clinton, it was actually more of a straight forward, gotta respect the hustle political machine thing. This was actual ratfucking including an actual rat.

And this, on top of all the actual presidenting, is what will be so huge when Bernie wins, and why all these Clinton loving snakes are working so hard against him. If he wins, it's his party, and therefore our party, and he can purge leadership of all third way dead weight.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Squizzle posted:

a bernie dollar is prob “stronger” than another dem candidates dollar because his campaign is not throwing money into the grift-hole of consultant/mailer/establishment hangers-on

and he has a lot more of those dollars

Not probably, definitely. Chuck Rocha said on Krystal Balls show they day of the caucus that Bernie sent out seven hundred thousand bilingual mailers practically every week to every latino household in Iowa. He's been in every latino TV show and paper in Iowa for the past four months.

And they have most definitely been doing this to Nevada as well. Pete's spanish issues page on his site are in English. The other campaigns will never know what hit them

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://twitter.com/Redoubts_/status/1225423639144583170

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

reignonyourparade posted:

The satellite caucuses are also apparently odd in that they count for more delegates the greater the turnout at them, which means you don't get diminishing returns by driving more and more people to the satellite caucus, you increase your share of the delegates AND the amount of delegates that they're a share of, and bernie apparently had the only campaign that noticed this. So it wasn't exactly a counter-ratfuck but he did genuinely exploit an unintended feature of the system.

It's because the satellite caucus locations were brand new so nobody had any idea how many people would show up but also they directly draw people away from the normal caucus locations so it's a sliding scale. The thing that nobody talks about though is that all of the caucuses should be like that.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

whisper bernies name into a furrow and blighted crops in the same field will be restored

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Frosted Flake posted:

Why were the hardhats in favour of Vietnam anyway? Their kids and apprentices wouldn’t be exempt from the draft like the more affluent, educated types.

The labor movement was not entirely in favor of the Vietnam War. Most labor leaders were, both as a function of organized labor being purged of actual leftists, and because the growing decline in wages and support for skilled labor would drive rifts between different labor groups.

There were instances, such as the Hard Hat Riot, where union workers were used to attack anti-war activists, and in this sense you can see conservative forces trying to put blue-collar workers against college students as a form of rural vs coastal elite framing.

This is getting kinda deep into theory, but the ideological split really comes down American organized labor being from a tradition of what's called Free Trade Unionism, where unions are the political project in and of themselves, which leaves them open to being turned into an anti-communist apparatus.

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
good morning goons

I have come to post and chew bubble gum and luckily I can multitask

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Rats are cool. When I was little I went to CoSI and they had basketball playing rats you could hold and pet. I spent hours watching rats posterize each other for treats. Go rats.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!

Thoguh posted:

It's because the satellite caucus locations were brand new so nobody had any idea how many people would show up but also they directly draw people away from the normal caucus locations so it's a sliding scale. The thing that nobody talks about though is that all of the caucuses should be like that.

If the left is going to continue to have success beyond Bernie caucuses need to go. Bernie won by a huge margin on the first ballot, this entire thing is unnecessary. Long early voting + vote by mail primaries will benefit us the best I think. So many votes in CA are already locked in. There is too much chance for fuckery and they are extremely time consuming for working class people

Limerick
Oct 23, 2009

:parrot:
Things are almost too good, which is making me worry about that CIA heart attack gun.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Lmao at them allowing Bernie to win twice on separate occasions. Dumbfucks.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
You can't spell numbers without Bern.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Did they name Bernie the winner yet gently caress

ZoninSilver
May 30, 2011

UP AND ADAM posted:

Lmao at them allowing Bernie to win twice on separate occasions. Dumbfucks.

:sickos:

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Paladinus posted:

You can't spell numbers without Bern.

berns 'um

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

bernie once unionized a beehive

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I have a hard time believing any democrat majority won't push for elections to be a public holiday. It simply makes too much sense.

TransatlanticFoe
Mar 1, 2003

Hell Gem
Has anyone made a good data set of the released results to mess around with? I’m trying to make a CSV with my garbage JavaScript parsing the page but I assume someone else already did this better.

edit: found this
https://twitter.com/gfjhogue/status/1225294703236612096?s=21

TransatlanticFoe has issued a correction as of 15:42 on Feb 6, 2020

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Paladinus posted:

Munbers...

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Limerick posted:

Things are almost too good, which is making me worry about that CIA heart attack gun.

even the heart attack gun made Bernie stronger

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Bernie won

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
any word on the final 3%

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

TransatlanticFoe posted:

Has anyone made a good data set of the released results to mess around with? I’m trying to make a CSV with my garbage JavaScript parsing the page but I assume someone else already did this better.

Extremely cursed pdf file imho

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Dolphin posted:

any word on the final 3%

Not yet, all depends if IA-3’s 13 satellite caucuses had 601 or more people

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dolphin posted:

any word on the final 3%

a pack of wild dogs ate all the votes

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

berns 'um good

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i still have a fear that they'll release all the data they possibly can without giving sanders a lead and then be like uhhhh the rest is improperly collected garbage data that we cant use oops

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

The extra stupid thing about this is that it's purely data entry errors. At the actual precinct the Bernie people picked delegates to send to the county convention, not Klob.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Weedle posted:

i still have a fear that they'll release all the data they possibly can without giving sanders a lead and then be like uhhhh the rest is improperly collected garbage data that we cant use oops

They already did that last night.

bus hustler
Mar 14, 2019

Ha Ha Ha... YES!
Still can't figure out if I want Liz in or Out. I think I want her in until Super Tuesday...

nah
Mar 16, 2009

charity rereg posted:

Still can't figure out if I want Liz in or Out. I think I want her in until Super Tuesday...

she needs to drop out

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

nah posted:

she needs to drop out

she should, we just need to figure out what time is best for bernie

Serf
May 5, 2011

charity rereg posted:

yeah the majority of her support would go to bernie. if she gets out, bernie's lead grows

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Weedle posted:

Doesnt matter Bernie won

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

let us proclaim the mystery of bernie

bernie would have won

bernie is winning

bernie will win again

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

actually kind of astounded the NYT is using an example where the delegates should have gone to bernie but didn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

:byewhore: