Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which Nintendo character would you like to see in the next Soul Calibur game?
This poll is closed.
Bowsette 99 8.48%
Other 53 4.54%
jenna got milked 1015 86.98%
Total: 1167 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the modern warfare 2 thing was mostly an infinity ward protest against activision having treyarch make call of duty 5. it's also why mw2 has the number 5 everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I've gotten to 30 in Obra Dinn. And some names for people who disappeared. Do I just leave those people as unknown? It seems the majority of people I have left are currently unknown. Am I going to get to a point where the plot moves on once I've ID'd the people that I know there cause of death? I kinda feel like I'm just going to have to start guessing soon.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

There is not one single disappearance in Obra Dinn that you have to guess, the information is all there, although some leaps are required for a few of them.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Once you lock in every single person you can deduce from the available evidence the game will move on and give you access to one last chapter

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

I've gotten to 30 in Obra Dinn. And some names for people who disappeared. Do I just leave those people as unknown? It seems the majority of people I have left are currently unknown. Am I going to get to a point where the plot moves on once I've ID'd the people that I know there cause of death? I kinda feel like I'm just going to have to start guessing soon.

Once you have seen every fate the game will give you the option to leave the ship. Until then you don't actually have to figure anything out. You can leave and get the bad ending any time after that but for the real ending you must fill in everything except the clearly marked missing chapter.

People who disappear just mean that their bodies never existed on the ship or in a memory for you to find so you have to deduce what actually happened to them by observing carefully.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Waltzing Along posted:

Some of them require you to really put together info you get by looking around the ship in places where the event isn't happening. Like, on the floor below a murder scene, you might see a dude helping out some other dude and hear one of their names and then knowing that must be the dude's assistant or whatever

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Well gently caress. I'll pick it up again tomorrow. I'm just not seeing anything for the disappeared. I could just choose ate by monster but didn't really see it.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Well gently caress. I'll pick it up again tomorrow. I'm just not seeing anything for the disappeared. I could just choose ate by monster but didn't really see it.

It's not too difficult usually- just go to the final scene they appear in and work out what's happening to them that they never show up again. There's only one I can think of that this method doesn't work for.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I played it on release so my memory is pretty foggy but I remember it being pretty generous with how to describe deaths with multiple options or even less specific ones working if you're in the ballpark.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I hope that the way Obra Dinn ended leads the way to more games in that series, the same kind of investigative gimmick but in other situations.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I ended up watching a Mortal Kombat 11 fatality compilation before bed last night and man, some of them are hilarious in just how over the top they are

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

rip boss key, let's remember the good times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4v2LgVlEA

I love this video. The only thing better is the Battleborn Failure video.

I know "M83 - My Tears are becoming The Sea" as "The battleborn failure song" because of it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

gross

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
is that the bathwater girl

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I played it on release so my memory is pretty foggy but I remember it being pretty generous with how to describe deaths with multiple options or even less specific ones working if you're in the ballpark.

one of my favorite ones the guys who get killed in accidental cannon fire during the monster attack- you can say "killed by an explosion", "killed with a cannon by a terrible beast", or if you want to be super loving anal, you can actually blame the guy who lit the fuse for killing them with a cannon- and in the insurance report at the end, that poor bastard gets stuck with the fine for killing two crew members

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

one of my favorite ones the guys who get killed in accidental cannon fire during the monster attack- you can say "killed by an explosion", "killed with a cannon by a terrible beast", or if you want to be super loving anal, you can actually blame the guy who lit the fuse for killing them with a cannon- and in the insurance report at the end, that poor bastard gets stuck with the fine for killing two crew members

The insurance report is fuckin brutal - the Fourth Mate deserves to be hailed as a goddamn hero like some of the others (third mate, Carpenter, etc) but because he kills one guy - despite said guy being a mutineer and murderer - he gets a big ol fine.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
then, as now, claims adjusters are bastards

e, Obra Dinn spoilers: also if you don't take the rare opportunity to use "decapitated" for the 4th Mate blowing that guy's head off with a point-blank pistol shot, come on

Feels Villeneuve fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Feb 6, 2020

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i just realized on my second playthrough of ori and the blind forest that it has a death count on the pause menu, which is very impolite

i can see why the iron-man trophy for this game has like a 0.6% completion rate

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I'd been planning to spend my winter gaming time playing some chill JRPGs and getting into the Atelier series but instead all I can think about playing is Sayonara Wild Hearts. This game rules so hard

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I forgot how insane Freelancer multiplayer modding got lmao, the single player game is a pretty short and self contained little thing and people just blew it wide open

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
Found this video of one of our mods

https://twitter.com/headfallsoff/status/1223821791241654273

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Don’t

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

FirstAidKite posted:

This is just a reminder to all of you that the adventure video game Bad Mojo, the game about playing as a cockroach in a dirty apartment building, is oddly heartwarming and uplifting assuming you work towards getting the best ending.

I've been seeing facebook ads recently about this game that appears to be Kafkaesque as well
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwcFSowweno&hd=1

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Do not

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
[haveblue was clawed by a terrible beast]

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Mods chew

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This was one of the best vacations.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

does kirby have teeth

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

does kirby have teeth

he has a yawning dark void

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Cowcaster posted:

does kirby have teeth

gently caress no

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

does kirby have teeth

berenice

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Cowcaster posted:

does kirby have teeth

I do not.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hot take: Diablo 3 is better than Diablo 2

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what, don't you like assigning 20 skill points to a single thing in a tree to raise its attack damage by 0.1% each time

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Andrast posted:

This is unquestionably true.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Andrast posted:

in its current state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a glitch