Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Oyak posted:

I just don't get the DNC end game here. They ratfuck the most popular candidate and then...what, they lose bigly in the general with a drone who nobody can be bothered to vote for? Why?

money

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Harrow posted:

If you ask me, the only candidate who could maybe make an argument that their national delegate count might change in a recount would be Warren. She lost votes to Steyer in the fuckups, for example. Thing is, I doubt she'd be willing to pay for it, and it'd be a real long shot. Maybe Biden but again, if he's already running low on cash I doubt it's worth it just to net him like 1 delegate.

No way Pete or Klob could make that argument.

no one but Pete would want a recount because no one but Pete will give a poo poo about Iowa in a week

Weedle
May 31, 2006

amaru_chulla posted:

Can someone confirm if "ratfuck" means that a rat is loving you? Or what?

i dunno but it sounds like everyone is doing impressions of detectives on the wire right now

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Perez actually was making the request for Butt how the gently caress is this week turning me in to a conspiracy theorist.

one of the best things about all this is that at every turn the leftist lunatic conspiracy freaks have been correct about everything

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Harrow posted:

Tom Perez sees the Iowa Democrats' response to his call for a recanvass. Nervously, he looks over his shoulder, where Chasten Buttigieg, wearing an all-black suit and latex gloves, is attaching a suppressor to a CIA standard-issue pistol. "I tried, Mr. Buttigieg," he says. "Please, tell the CIA I tried."

Chasten pauses for a moment, looking at his weapon. He looks up, meeting Perez's gaze, and says, "Tom Perez... retire bitch."

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Oyak posted:

I just don't get the DNC end game here. They ratfuck the most popular candidate and then...what, they lose bigly in the general with a drone who nobody can be bothered to vote for? Why?

i dont think theres a big coherent plan in motion, more of a gumbo soup of incompetence and pressure on spreadsheet touchers to nudge the results

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
imagine ratfucking for a candidate who can’t win the nomination

sad!

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

mad.radhu posted:

prediction markets are going loving nuts

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Bushido Brown posted:

Literally because Buttigieg was going to complain about the satellite caucus math, specifically

Called it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

“Sanders has no outreach among minorities and the marginalized and that’s why he’ll lose”
*Sanders wins overwhelmingly with minorities and the marginalized*
“Uh...their votes shouldn’t count tho”

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
did perez seriously send that tweet out without talking to any of the campaigns or the IDP?

does he not know that only campaigns can call for a recount?

MANIFEST DESTINY
Apr 24, 2009

Oyak posted:

Its so they can keep their jobs. That's literally it, they'll gently caress over the whole country so that they don't need to get a new job.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Oyak posted:

If it's anything like our lot, they would rather lose than have someone win who would permanently put their lovely brand of politics in the bin.

Centrists look better next to fascists than they do next to leftists.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Sir Tonk posted:

did perez seriously send that tweet out without talking to any of the campaigns or the IDP?

you know it

it loving slaps

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

the succ is melting down in real time and Chapo was 1000% right, it’s beautiful to watch I can’t wait for more

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sir Tonk posted:

he talked to the Pete campaign and then made the tweet, actually

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Jesus christ I'm gonna have to go home from work I can't contain my laughter over here and someone's gonna notice I've lost my mind

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

one of the best things about all this is that at every turn the leftist lunatic conspiracy freaks have been correct about everything

it's almost like a historical, material analysis in the face of baffling dum dums is useful and predictive??? I dunno.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Sir Tonk posted:

he talked to the pete campaign which is why he sent that tweet out in the first place

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Xaris posted:

holy gently caress i want this so bad now

this might be better than Nina

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

Thoguh posted:

Perez actually was making the request for Butt how the gently caress is this week turning me in to a conspiracy theorist.

heh heh heh........ WELCOME

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I don't know the onomonopea for Jack's rat sound from the departed but basically that.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

https://twitter.com/brianneDMR/status/1225489437494251520

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

bawfuls posted:

the succ is melting down in real time and Chapo was 1000% right, it’s beautiful to watch I can’t wait for more

can't wait till november when we can watch both the succ and the chuds meltdown

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

CharlestheHammer posted:

imagine ratfucking for a candidate who can’t win the nomination

sad!

The ratfucking is about stopping Sanders, Buttigieg geting a boost is secondary.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"Actually, these majority-minority voters should not be counted" is gonna do wonders for Stinky Pete's appeal to non-whites.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

amaru_chulla posted:

Can someone confirm if "ratfuck" means that a rat is loving you? Or what?

something something extremely homophobic comment about Pete putting rats in his butthole like gerbils

someone on my Facebook said this and I’m kinda thinking about reporting them

I. M. Gei has issued a correction as of 20:21 on Feb 6, 2020

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Gringostar posted:

he talked to the pete campaign which is why he sent that tweet out in the first place

which means he doesn’t know the rules as it would be more impactful if just Pete did it

but then he would look like a bitch

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Sir Tonk posted:

actually he talked to the Pete campaign and then used his position of authority to make their request for a recount on their behalf, thus obfuscating who exactly was calling the vote into question (because Buttgieg’s campaign doesn’t want to appear to be “disrespecting the results”) and making it seem more official.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what the hell is a "recanvas?" is pete the rat trying to nullify the entire election

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
I can't wait to watch Pete fail to get 10% in NV

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
idp and dnc fighting over who gets to be mayor pete's best friend

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Maybe enough is not enough.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Epic High Five posted:

he talked to the Pete campaign and then made the tweet, actually

pete the moment bernie starts wining: I WANT TO TALK TO THE MANAGER

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

pretty lol that the DNC didn’t really want Pete, but now they’ve caved into a few of his demands and got covered in poo poo because of it they’re going to be secretly furious with him

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Everybody who said that Bernie would destroy the Democratic party is absolutely correct

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

this a huge win for Bernie he looks like the victim while still winning

Pete looks like a child throwing a tantrum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012