Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Trying to get through the OSHA 30 class’s segment on “steel erection” without chuckling was difficult.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MutantBlue
Jun 8, 2001

That's how you dent your rim.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Memento posted:

Oh does that one make you feel like you've wet yourself? I was injected with something before a scan while I was drugged to hell, with my gallbladder in the process of exploding.

Not to me really, but I wasn't drugged up, so that may've helped. It was a weird-rear end feeling though, like "warmth" spreading from your neck all the way down to your butt. But only in my back area, not front. However, the gamma camera tech did mention exactly what you describe. I should've asked if the "warmth" was actually because of the radiation, but I never did. It was probably some other component, anyway. Actually, I thought it was all pretty neat. But of course, when I got a cardiac cath (went in through whatever that artery in your wrist is, not femoral), I was utterly amazed at the fact you could literally feel the thing snaking up your arm, around your shoulder blade, and then down. I was laughing at the feeling the whole time. Bizarre. Heart works A-OK now that it's been re-plumbed.

Enough, "let's totally radiate this dude's circulatory system" here's a cool OSHA:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Just put that tag back over the hole.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I've been looking for this for ages and was actually going to reference it replying to the same post you did. Thanks for posting the actual link.

There's a part of me that wishes I had bought my Fiesta ST in white because AT&T has Fiesta SE service vehicles. It wouldn't be hard to debadge and maybe swap some trim around to make a white ST look close enough to a fleet vehicle to get past the average person, then slap some telco-looking decals on it and maybe a mag-mount amber LED blinker on the roof.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

FCKGW posted:

When no one is looking though... :smug:

Pretty sure I already :five:d but here comes another.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

wolrah posted:

I've been looking for this for ages and was actually going to reference it replying to the same post you did. Thanks for posting the actual link.

There's a part of me that wishes I had bought my Fiesta ST in white because AT&T has Fiesta SE service vehicles. It wouldn't be hard to debadge and maybe swap some trim around to make a white ST look close enough to a fleet vehicle to get past the average person, then slap some telco-looking decals on it and maybe a mag-mount amber LED blinker on the roof.

Bringing heat down on people who provide you services because you're lazy. Good thinking. Take the bus instead, please.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

madeintaipei posted:

Bringing heat down on people who provide you services because you're lazy. Good thinking. Take the bus instead, please.

I believe this is the first time since 1885 that anyone has ridden to the defence of AT&T.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Security and staff can be so all over the place from location to location. Generally if i showed up at a work site or facility with a hard hat, vest, and clipboard no one would challenge me and I'd just go to the site office to check in or just do what I needed to do. Other times I'd have just talked to someone there saying I was heading over, arrive 30 min later, and instantly be interrogated and need like 5 different people to ask me a ton of questions and need to see ID before they let me just look at their smoke detectors or what ever I was there to do. Oddly the type of place never factored into it, if anything there was a slight inverse correlation. I could often waltz into places containing very secure information or dangerous stuff, but some dudes random small business would get all paranoid I might be a security risk. "Listen, my pet supply store has a lot of private information and I just need to make sure you're who you say you are" . Yeah man I intercepted that phone call 30 min ago, put together this costume, some how got exact electrical and mechanical plans of your building, all in a bid to sneak into your pet supply store and steal your trade secrets.

Meanwhile I could just stroll into a place that stores medical records totally unannounced and ask the front desk "hey I'm here to update your fire plan, do you have someone who could show me around and get me in locked doors?" and have them just ask me if a set of the master keys would do. I'd literally have less security paranoia at some military bases than I'd encounter from random small business owners.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
At a military base, people just assume that whoever does security let you in and it's not their business.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

At a military base, people just assume that whoever does security let you in and it's not their business.

I've had sheriff's deputies at a county jail spend more time going through my poo poo than the US military ever has. Only after someone broke out of said jail, mind. Also seen contractors at the base do horrifically stupid things just cutting down trees, like yank a pencil palm out of the ground... right onto the truck pulling it.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

madeintaipei posted:

They wouldn't though?

If anything they'd call the local company office and ask them about the plates/Vehicle number, who would respond "That's not one of our fleet vehicles, tow that rear end in a top hat".

And lol if you think labor folks get any slack about parking illegally. Source: My boss crawling up my rear end every time I get caught.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

glynnenstein posted:

DC loves to write parking tickets - well over a million every year. It's wild.

There's nowhere for delivery trucks to legally park downtown, just a fact you deal with so fedex, ups, all the restaurant supply trucks, etc just rack up tickets all day and it's part of the cost of doing business in DC. The UPS truck who comes by our building never has less than 3 or 4 on the windshield. Around the end of summer MPD decided to crack down on our block and actual police came out and wrote tickets all day for 2 days straight. They told the fedex guy to move and he said just write the ticket because he couldn't move to anywhere legal so they put him in handcuffs and arrested him. Seemed pretty unnecessary to me, and of course after those 2 days it's back to normal exactly how it always is with delivery trucks double parked all over all day.

in san francisco, and i'm sure most other large cities, you can get a bulk parking ticket plan where they add up all the tickets your fleet of vehicles receives and send you a monthly bill instead of individual citations. just the cost of doing business

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Get some tissues ready...

https://i.imgur.com/GlgTWP0.mp4

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Good luck finding an American kid thin enough to do that.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

This is my nightmare, god drat.

Theyyyyyyy fed it the teen to fetch the kid, they fed it the kid to fetch the child, they fed it the child, to fetch the babe...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
When they get that toddler out and just toss the kid to the side.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

When they get that toddler out and just toss the kid to the side.

Depending on how long the toddler was down there, it might be in serious trouble and that's what you need to do.

And it will work out in the long run. That boy will spend the rest of his life being the hero who saved the well baby and the well baby will spend the rest of its life being the dipshit who fell down a well.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Wow I can't believe they threw the kid back in after he got the baby out

snugglz
Nov 12, 2004
moist sod for your hogan

gently caress SNEEP posted:

Wow I can't believe they threw the kid back in after he got the baby out

yeah right, let’s see that one in reverse!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Weembles posted:

Depending on how long the toddler was down there, it might be in serious trouble and that's what you need to do.

And it will work out in the long run. That boy will spend the rest of his life being the hero who saved the well baby and the well baby will spend the rest of its life being the dipshit who fell down a well.

Yeah, toddler can still have PTSD:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/where-am-i-toddler-stuck-in-mud-hole-overnight-still-awakes-in-panic-says-mother-1.5229242

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/o0Fyc8l.gifv

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

nahh

no thanks

I'll pass

starkebn
May 18, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/AlwPc0U.mp4

ili
Jul 26, 2003

gently caress yeah, makes me wish I'd joined the navy as a young fella.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

ili posted:

gently caress yeah, makes me wish I'd joined the navy as a young fella.

The young Navy fella in old me is glad to have that poo poo behind me.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Hey boss looks like we will need a taller ladder for this job.

Boss: no.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/gti_3143/status/1225384594045722624

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Somebody come geet 'er, she's dancin like a streeper

starkebn
May 18, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/qzen6IC.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/5308apM.mp4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Spider-Man's cover as a mild mannered delivery guy has been blown!

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

"They appear to have angered the Segway..."

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

PhazonLink posted:

goin by this thread and the chemistry thread its probably easier and cheaper to just use some sort of chemicalz and let the cancer rates do its thing.

yes, this is true. capitalism will kill us all eventually. we've been losing the class war for well over a century at this point.

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Baronjutter posted:

I'd literally have less security paranoia at some military bases than I'd encounter from random small business owners.

I know it's mentioned every time small businesses come up, but small business owners are loving insane.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

redgubbinz posted:

I know it's mentioned every time small businesses come up, but small business owners are loving insane.

Key example is the Killdozer guy. During his rampage, he ran down some trees that were planted because a fellow business owner thought they would scare off customers.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

I guess if you are going to go all killdozer, might as well do some favors for your buddies on the way.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

Oh god is it goldmined?

Totally can see there being goon eyewitnesses to it.

The loving guy in the video, "I have to have the biggest, fastest of everything" ; you're ego got a kid killed.

Okay, maybe it wasn't "great," but I remember enjoying it. Then again, I am a terrible person. It's in the GBS Graveyard:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3785825&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Also a later follow-up thread in regular GBS:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3852519&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

EvenWorseOpinions
Jun 10, 2017

quote:

Security chat

TSA busted one of my coworkers when I worked at an airport for letting a dump truck which was driven by the same guy for years into secure zone without thoroughly inspecting the vehicle. List of things that the TSA considered suspect when on vehicles; piles of trash obscuring floors, plastic bags, unknown substances, etc.

I made a post a while back about our safety guy telling me to put a regular zip tie on a fire extinguisher until we could get pull apart zip ties in. We had a recent incident where one of our newer colleagues was trying to extend the platform forward and instead removed the pins holding the top rail up, causing the top rail to fall forward and hit an important thing. Apparently our safety guy's lift training consisted of 'drive it like a car'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

redgubbinz posted:

Yes they are. I used to periodically get requests on how to set up a video surveillance system where they could covertly record audio. Since multiple lawyers have described that as a violation of federal wiretapping law, my answer was that it wasn't legal in most jurisdictions, and that they needed to consult with a lawyer. Most of the time that would get them to hang up on me. Almost always they wanted this because they were sure their employees were poo poo talking them. Which is a given. You're loving management. You're gonna get poo poo talked. Even great bosses aren't perfect.