Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

Am I allowed to cut my own promos?

Given the current environment on SA, with FYAD dying off because of bigots and (everything)phobics, that’s a can of worms I’d rather not subject myself or the mods to. All it’d take is someone taking the game too seriously to mess it up for everyone.

As much as I’d like to allow it, I’m sadly going to have to say “no” to this. Sorry, Rarity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Same.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I mean when I was in a World Wide Wrestling PBP, there was no problem with our writing promos and such, so long as we didn't stray into areas like racial stereotypes or sexism or homophobia. (They even have a rule, "Making the X", which is about how anyone can at any time signal they're not comfortable with how something is going and everyone steps back.)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd read it.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
i was gonna try to cut a promo on the scoopsgal but i got nothing

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

WatermelonGun posted:

i was gonna try to cut a promo on the scoopsgal but i got nothing

That's right, that's all of you've got. That's all anyone's got. You've all got nothing on your #1 scoopsgal!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

We did a World of MMA 3 efed here several years ago which was fun. I pretended to be from the past

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Rarity posted:

That's right, that's all of you've got. That's all anyone's got. You've all got nothing on your #1 scoopsgal!

BYARGH! Rarity! Get in the ring with ME! We’re having a(n) [INSERT CITY] Street Fight! Which doesn’t need a ring!

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

WatermelonGun posted:

BYARGH! Rarity! Get in the ring with ME! We’re having a(n) [INSERT CITY] Street Fight! Which doesn’t need a ring!

I don’t have street fights.

I can offer Hardcore or Last Man Standing...?

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I mean when I was in a World Wide Wrestling PBP, there was no problem with our writing promos and such, so long as we didn't stray into areas like racial stereotypes or sexism or homophobia. (They even have a rule, "Making the X", which is about how anyone can at any time signal they're not comfortable with how something is going and everyone steps back.)

Yeah, as long as we have someone officiating I can't see it going too badly. Though I understand not wanting to give people to freely speak or write and end up slipping some poo poo in there. Maybe any promos could be screened/presubmitted to stop that in its tracks, but I can also respect if people just can't or don't want to open that door nonetheless.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

The Bee posted:

Yeah, as long as we have someone officiating I can't see it going too badly. Though I understand not wanting to give people to freely speak or write and end up slipping some poo poo in there. Maybe any promos could be screened/presubmitted to stop that in its tracks, but I can also respect if people just can't or don't want to open that door nonetheless.

I actually asked a few mods via PM for opinions before even putting the idea out here for the public. General consensus was to not allow it.

Given the goings on in the forums I understood their stance and figured I’d respect their wishes. After all, they can probate/ban me. What can I do to them? (In case it needs to be made clear, tongue is firmly planted in cheek on that last sentence.)

Edit 2: It’s looking like there’s enough interest to at least start this thing. I’m going to finish up my effort posts, and make final touches to the spreadsheet/database I’m using to keep track of everything tonight. I’ll link it in here when everything is ready, but in the meantime, another question.

I’ll be using pre-made characters that I had for an older project to fill roster space. Given that I’ll be making divisions and such, would you rather have all the goons in the same division(s) so there’s goon vs goon action during the season or spread them out to maybe give them better chances at making playoffs? I’m fine either way but figured I’d get a better idea of what y’all think would work best for your entertainment.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Jan 18, 2020

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

ShadowedFlames posted:

I actually asked a few mods via PM for opinions before even putting the idea out here for the public. General consensus was to not allow it.

Given the goings on in the forums I understood their stance and figured I’d respect their wishes. After all, they can probate/ban me. What can I do to them? (In case it needs to be made clear, tongue is firmly planted in cheek on that last sentence.)

Yeah, that's completely fair and understandable. If the consensus ever changes I'd def be down to give it a shot, but I'm up for the game either way and think its really cool of you to take out time to work on it.

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib
We're live, folks!

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I totally missed this post, and the adjoining thread. I'm gonna check it out at work tomorrow.

But Tonight on W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling: Ayako Asami vs Busho Zetsumyona for the W.A.V.E. World Ultraweight Championship! Again! Pat Rosscup defends the Trans-AM Championship against Dan Backslide! And Much Much More!

https://www.twitch.tv/gameprowrestling

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

If you guys do this, and have The Sims, it makes good portraits that look kinda like the official Ryland portraits used for the generics.

(Here's mine)

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

Takuan posted:

I totally missed this post, and the adjoining thread. I'm gonna check it out at work tomorrow.

But Tonight on W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling: Ayako Asami vs Busho Zetsumyona for the W.A.V.E. World Ultraweight Championship! Again! Pat Rosscup defends the Trans-AM Championship against Dan Backslide! And Much Much More!

What time does this run? Need a distraction from Path of Exile/Ancestors/Slay the Spire on PS4 (and from tinkering with my tracking database any more EDIT: wanting to blow up my whole drat Access database because it won’t keep one season’s records separate from another’s and I can’t figure out why), and this sounds like just the ticket.

ShadowedFlames fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jan 24, 2020

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Astro7x posted:

Here's an odd question for the wrestling game thread... My 5 year old daughter has had an interest in fighting games, and we played WWF No Mercy on N64 the other day and she kind of got into it. Unfortunately, the game is really dated and she only wants to play as the girl wrestlers, and I only have the 1 N64 controller that works these days.

I was thinking of what other retro wrestling games we have that would be easy for her to get into, because it could be fun doing a tag team with her and beating the computer on easy. I am not a fan of the new WWE 2K games where you need to time the kick out, because even I get pinned instantly with that poo poo.

Day of Reckoning 2 on Gamecube seemed like a winner with graphics that are not horrible and at least 4 women that she can pick and mix in with the guys. And the controls seemed straight forward. I cannot remember if WrestleMania X8 was any better though, but it has a bigger Women's roster. But it's an older game I think.

I also have WWE 13 and WWE 2K16, but I can't remember which one of those doesn't have the pin kickout mini game which I hate.

I basically have a Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS3, and PS4 with enough controllers to play a game with her.

Is she okay with one on one fights? The newer ufc games have a robust women's roster that might be of interest to her.

Keptbroom
Sep 10, 2009
Bear in mind that it's more of a fight sim and does have a lot of blood, maybe not the best for a young child.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

There's been a big breakthrough this past week in Fire Pro modding. Turns out you can easily replace UI elements with a Unity Asset Bundle editor, and people have gone wild with customizing their games. I'm going with an Black And White Drawings of Schoolgirls Doing Wrestling Moves theme.

Tonight on W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling: Ayako Asami vs WAR for the WAVE World Ultraweight Championship! Dan Backslide vs Johnny X for the WAVE Trans-AM Championship! The Smoothebois vs Bubb & Dubb! And much! Much more!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

https://wwe.2k.com/news/wwe-2k20-originals-southpaw-regional-wrestling/

Excited for Southpaw Regional Wrestling DLC that only features...uh...three characters from Southpaw Regional Wrestling. :effort:

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
If I won the lottery i’d get someone to make a wrestling game that would basically be fire pro in 3D with Euphoria physics, I don’t care if it has a real world roster.

Why there will never be a wrestling game with bumps being decided by a physics engine is depressing and weird to me, replay value would be infinite if wrestlers bumped naturally for every move.

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Vandar posted:

Excited for Southpaw Regional Wrestling DLC that only features...uh...three characters from Southpaw Regional Wrestling. :effort:

No Chadd 2 Badd?! gently caress this game. I mean besides being a dumpster fire of a game in general of course

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

How did they gently caress up Southpaw
What the hell

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You KNOW how. (Because they're overworked, understaffed, getting stiffed by WWE not giving a poo poo and probably trying to develop WWE2K21 as we speak).
Unrelated: I wonder how TEW 2020 is shaping up.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Vandar posted:

The easiest thing in the world and they hosed it up. Then again half the staff is gone

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vandar posted:

oh my god this costs $15

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

IcePhoenix posted:

oh my god this costs $15

:capitalism:

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
They wanted to do a GLOW and Southpaw DLC and they couldn't settle for which one.

Takuan
May 6, 2007

I think the gimmick for the Southpaw DLC is that it takes place years after the Youtube clips, so it kinda makes sense a bunch of people left the territory. I love the name Max Headlocks though.

Also.

W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling was always going to be a project with a definitive end, and that end is fast approaching. 4 more shows remain until the series finale. Tonight is the first of those four shows, featuring The Match Beyond!

The Alliance To Stop The Wrestleocalypse(Ayako Asami, Reiji Senkawa, Glambot 3000, & Jimmy Stardust) vs. The Horsemen Of The Wrestleocalypse(Triumph, WAR, Oppression, & Fall) in a timed-entrance cage match!

Plus, also:
W.A.V.E. Trans-AM Championship Match: Dan Backslide© vs Bam Bam The Training Bot
W.A.V.E. World Tag Championship Match: KyodAI© vs Bubb & Dubb
Celebration of Smoothness Match: Fred Dobbs vs Bob Cassale
Singles Match: Miles & Keiko vs Molly Malefic
8-Man Lucha Rules Tag Match: Jane Salem, Hiroto Mishima, Onyx, & RWC's Ricochet™ vs Saturno, Gran Gallo, Edwin Encarnacion, & Otome Lin
8-Man Tag Match: The B0N3B0YZ(Rad Bone, Dad Bone, Chad Bone & Mad Bone) vs The Lionmarks, Broman Gains, & Sapp Ledesma
No DQ Falls Count Anywhere Match: Dracula vs Lou Ban

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Aw dang we were just getting into some good TEW talk when the stream ended.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Takuan posted:

I think the gimmick for the Southpaw DLC is that it takes place years after the Youtube clips, so it kinda makes sense a bunch of people left the territory. I love the name Max Headlocks though.

While we are at it, lets make a GLOW video game based on the Netflix TV show, but years after all the girls in the show stopped working for GLOW, so it's all these nobodies that weren't in the show.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

KungFu Grip posted:

They wanted to do a GLOW and Southpaw DLC and they couldn't settle for which one.

Looks more like they wanted to do GLOW but WWE was unwilling to let them do it.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

southpaw signed their first and only lady wrestler six months before they died in 1987, so unless they somehow hired an entire women's roster between showdown at the swamp and lethal leap year this poo poo is NOT CANONICAL

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Takuan posted:

Also.

W.A.V.E. Pro-Wrestling was always going to be a project with a definitive end, and that end is fast approaching. 4 more shows remain until the series finale. Tonight is the first of those four shows, featuring The Match Beyond!

The Alliance To Stop The Wrestleocalypse(Ayako Asami, Reiji Senkawa, Glambot 3000, & Jimmy Stardust) vs. The Horsemen Of The Wrestleocalypse(Triumph, WAR, Oppression, & Fall) in a timed-entrance cage match!

Plus, also:
W.A.V.E. Trans-AM Championship Match: Dan Backslide© vs Bam Bam The Training Bot
W.A.V.E. World Tag Championship Match: KyodAI© vs Bubb & Dubb
Celebration of Smoothness Match: Fred Dobbs vs Bob Cassale
Singles Match: Miles & Keiko vs Molly Malefic
8-Man Lucha Rules Tag Match: Jane Salem, Hiroto Mishima, Onyx, & RWC's Ricochet™ vs Saturno, Gran Gallo, Edwin Encarnacion, & Otome Lin
8-Man Tag Match: The B0N3B0YZ(Rad Bone, Dad Bone, Chad Bone & Mad Bone) vs The Lionmarks, Broman Gains, & Sapp Ledesma
No DQ Falls Count Anywhere Match: Dracula vs Lou Ban

Aw, gonna try to make the last shows. Do you have anything else lined up or are you taking a break from feds?

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

Aw, gonna try to make the last shows. Do you have anything else lined up or are you taking a break from feds?

Last year I fell into an efedding collective-group-thing, and I'm gonna start doing monthly shows featuring characters from that community. I'm gonna attempt at replicating a GCW-style indy.

ChrisBTY posted:

Aw dang we were just getting into some good TEW talk when the stream ended.

We can still talk about TEW, in this very thread, because that's one of the purposes of this thread.

Now about how low the popularity values of AEW wrestlers are and how it's impossible to put on a show good enough to satisfy TNT...

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is there a release date for TEW 2020 yet

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

IcePhoenix posted:

Last I recall, sometime in early June, I think?

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Fallen Rib

IcePhoenix posted:

Sky Shadowing posted:

Last I recall, sometime in early June, I think?

This sounds about right. Late Q2/early Q3 is what I think I saw.

Theswarms
Dec 20, 2005

John Dudebro posted:

southpaw signed their first and only lady wrestler six months before they died in 1987, so unless they somehow hired an entire women's roster between showdown at the swamp and lethal leap year this poo poo is NOT CANONICAL

Lana was in Southpaw as Christian Joy.

But now she's Dosvetanya in the DLC. Did they just have someone describe Southpaw to them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
This apparently takes place after Lethal Leap Year so maybe she turned on Big Bartholemew and became Dosvetanya? I dunno it's stupid. I did appreciate Bay Lee Billionaire putting all her stocks in crystal cola