Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Listen, we all know that the beautiful four-letter-name Japanese wrestler who Kenny will cross oceans for is Kota.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lamuella posted:

Listen, we all know that the beautiful four-letter-name Japanese wrestler who Kenny will cross oceans for is Kota.

Oh jimmy and his boys are already hitting Kenny with homophobia over that too. 99.9% sure they think its ok because hes bisexual whereas if he was just out and gay they'd be afraid of DEM POLITICAL CORRECTNESS.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

"Haha look at those two beautiful, jacked weirdos that love each other!" I continue to shriek as I pound it to old Playboys of Sable.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

StarkRavingMad posted:

No one aside from the Mountain Goats should be allowed to make songs about wrestling, unless it’s specifically a wrestler’s or PPV theme song.

The Ultimate Warriors would like a word

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=OLAK5uy_noehzVzhW_MOCPnoXzPz1eoDlgG_Of9EI

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Dimebags Brain posted:

Maybe the worst thing that'll get posted in this thread.

https://twitter.com/KennyOmegamanX/status/1225578608753827840

Sometimes the price we pay for being able to read is too high.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
It's good to see Kenny in the replies to people saying they're fans of both him and Cornette and being So Offended that he'd call them mouth breathers and him basically telling them to gently caress off with the bad faith bullshit.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

It's good to see Kenny in the replies to people saying they're fans of both him and Cornette and being So Offended that he'd call them mouth breathers and him basically telling them to gently caress off with the bad faith bullshit.

I wish I had the time or inclination to find it now but I laughed myself to sleep last night at one of the reply guys saying that they breathe through their mouth because they have a sinus issue.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

flashy_mcflash posted:

I wish I had the time or inclination to find it now but I laughed myself to sleep last night at one of the reply guys saying that they breathe through their mouth because they have a sinus issue.

Oh my god.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Haha

https://twitter.com/tabbyice/status/1225763800889999360?s=19

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

https://twitter.com/NewAgeInsiders/status/1225846940564434945

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

That was the time when WWE decided to just end Asuka's massive winning streak on a random Smackdown right?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

IDG the Charlotte love but anything WWE is decidedly not for me so whatever.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
RE: songs about wrestling. My personal fave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU2CKXR5wJ8

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

njsykora posted:

That was the time when WWE decided to just end Asuka's massive winning streak on a random Smackdown right?

Eh, close enough tbh

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

beggar posted:

RE: songs about wrestling. My personal fave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU2CKXR5wJ8

Mega Ran's album was good but this is my fav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMSfF6w7k8

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

Defiance Industries posted:

Mega Ran's album was good but this is my fav

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onMSfF6w7k8

I know he's from the area but I didn't take Cena to be a Chowder Man.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

njsykora posted:

Not quite accurate, but thematically close

Asuka’s streak ended at Mania to the current champ which, in itself, is fine.

Less fine is that it was to Charlotte, who absolutely didn’t need the rub.

Much much much less fine is that within days of ending the years-long streak, Charlotte lost her title on a random Smackdown via MITB cash-in to Carmella of all loving people, following a beat down by Billie and Peyton of all loving people.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The random SmackDown was like two weeks before Mania, Asuka was SD Women's Champion, Charlotte just showed up and tapped her out to make the Mania main event have more stakes.

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL1yKzSTNjI

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I'll never stop laughing at the people that thought ending the streak like that would open up new and better story possibilities for Asuka.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Why do all these freaks (in general) have loving cartoon profile pics

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

JT Smiley posted:

I'll never stop laughing at the people that thought ending the streak like that would open up new and better story possibilities for Asuka.

I was one of those people and I don't regret expecting or wanting them to actually do something with their phenomenally talented and over star. I still think the match was good and the streak ending was fine, and their follow-up being dogshit stupid crap for idiots is incredibly frustrating but doesn't change my thoughts on the actual match itself.
I still feel the same about Kurt Angle breaking Samoa Joe's winning streak in TNA too. I thought and still think that was a great idea. Everything they did with Joe after that though..... :negative:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Now this might just be me, but if it turns out that having someone lose a match completely ruins their momentum and derails their character arc then maybe having the lose that match is, in fact, not a good idea. Wrestling storylines aren't just a bunch of discrete moments, after all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There are a TON of interesting angles/storyline things you can do coming out of somebody's undefeated streak ending, and quite honestly it felt like the undefeated streak had run its course and should have been spinning off into something else by around that point. The fact they completely failed (or apparently even had any plans) to do anything with it afterwards is a massive indictment of WWE and worthy of mocking relentlessly, but the actual decision for the streak to end wasn't a bad one. As with like 99% of everything wrong in WWE, the major problem is that one senile old gently caress who has the attention span of a gnat is rolling around in a bloody mess on the ground in a pile of broken plates and poles while his underlings wildly applaud his ability to keep all these plates spinning at once.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Hypothetically there is good stuff that could have come out of the situation, sure, but as you yourself say you can't trust Vince's rotting brain to not gently caress it up. Hence I would still argue that it was a real bad decision given the context we're operating in.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

coconono posted:

IDG the Charlotte love but anything WWE is decidedly not for me so whatever.

wwe told people she was good for so long that some people actually started to believe it

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cerebral Bore posted:

Hypothetically there is good stuff that could have come out of the situation, sure, but as you yourself say you can't trust Vince's rotting brain to not gently caress it up. Hence I would still argue that it was a real bad decision given the context we're operating in.

To be fair, with the same mindset he was gonna gently caress it all up if she'd remained undefeated anyway :sigh:

Vince has to go. Maybe whatever we get will also be terrible, but there'll at least be a chance something MIGHT get better.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

MJeff posted:

The random SmackDown was like two weeks before Mania, Asuka was SD Women's Champion, Charlotte just showed up and tapped her out to make the Mania main event have more stakes.

I think that was where I completely switched off from the main roster. Jinder as champ was bad but at least there was an effort to elevate someone new. That random loss was just a bridge too far, and I just got sick and tired of this endless Charlotte push. It even wasted Asuka tapping out Becky Lynch clean for a whole year.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
After Rusev went from an unstoppable murder machine to the ultimate jobber I knew there was no hope for Asuka. She didn't even get a main roster title run outta the deal.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
While it's not a perfect analogy I think Kenny going from 'Best In The World'/'Company Ace' to transitioning to 'Former Powerhouse Who's Lost His Way' and finally into 'Comfortable Niche With His Renewed Pals' has been a pretty solid example of taking a juggernaut and humbling them through believable means.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Jerusalem posted:

To be fair, with the same mindset he was gonna gently caress it all up if she'd remained undefeated anyway :sigh:

Vince has to go. Maybe whatever we get will also be terrible, but there'll at least be a chance something MIGHT get better.

Well yeah, obviously they would have hosed her up eventually because that's what they do, but it's a lot harder to gently caress someone up while they have an undefeated streak going on.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

While it's not a perfect analogy I think Kenny going from 'Best In The World'/'Company Ace' to transitioning to 'Former Powerhouse Who's Lost His Way' and finally into 'Comfortable Niche With His Renewed Pals' has been a pretty solid example of taking a juggernaut and humbling them through believable means.

While I couldn't care less about most of Kenny's stuff in AEW so far, he can also be very quickly shot to the top again with a big win or two if the need arises, unlike Rusev.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

JT Smiley posted:

It sure did open open a new world of stories for her like:

Losing to Carmella due to incompetence/distraction
Make-shift tag-team with Naomi briefly
Losing to Flair so she could bring a title into the first women's match to headline WM
Make-shift tag-team with Kairi who's just "also Japanese" (Altho they made it work)

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Low Desert Punk posted:

wwe told people she was good for so long that some people actually started to believe it

i genuinely wonder sometimes if i'm just missing something, because i like her heeling okay, and she seems, like, 'fine' in the ring, but people frequently talk about her like she's one of the best women around and i just don't see it. not even in wwe; she's just better than the carmellas and livs of the world.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

charlotte did everything that was good in that one wrestlemania main event. it was wild

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Low Desert Punk posted:

see also: HHH

Vellius
Sep 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

charlotte did everything that was good in that one wrestlemania main event. it was wild

that knee to ronda in the cop car did rule

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Being pushed as a big deal is like most of what it takes to be seen as a big deal and unlike every other wrestler WWE wanted to make big they've actually consistently pushed Charlotte and never got cold feet so if you're just fully in the WWE bubble you're probably going to think she's great.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Vellius posted:

i genuinely wonder sometimes if i'm just missing something, because i like her heeling okay, and she seems, like, 'fine' in the ring, but people frequently talk about her like she's one of the best women around and i just don't see it. not even in wwe; she's just better than the carmellas and livs of the world.

I think she's pretty good, but she's also extremely overpushed, far too often at points where it both hurts the other wrestler AND she doesn't really gain anything from it, which is like the worst possible combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

She moves and talks like she is made of wood

Monotone rear end wrestler